Art stuff

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE CHARLIE NEVER HOLDS THE FOOTBALL

SADDLE SHOES. I AM NOT A MONSTER.

peanuts_lucy.gif

Aw ****, now I feel stupid. I saw the eyes and instantly thought that was Charlie.

I finished this scene finally, ugh. I would still like to get a few more close-up renders, but yeah. I have a feeling I won't be texturing planks again anytime soon, that was out of control.

Abandoned_Mine_Final_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Abandoned_Mine_II_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Yeah, texturing wood in general sucks bigtime. One thing I might suggest, if I may, is to put some "connector" pieces in some of the areas where things just intersect one another. All those support columns stand out as fake because they so obviously just intersect the ground/ceiling. Take a look at this screenshot from Mirror's Edge and notice how pretty much everything has some kind of connector piece for when it attaches to something. The only things that dont really are the much smaller ceiling supports.

meinterior.jpg

Also, N-GONS!

Yeah, texturing wood in general sucks bigtime. One thing I might suggest, if I may, is to put some "connector" pieces in some of the areas where things just intersect one another. All those support columns stand out as fake because they so obviously just intersect the ground/ceiling. Take a look at this screenshot from Mirror's Edge and notice how pretty much everything has some kind of connector piece for when it attaches to something. The only things that dont really are the much smaller ceiling supports.

meinterior.jpg

Also, N-GONS!

That's cool, my tri count is still fairly low on the structure, so it could easily support some more. I modeled it off a photographic reference, which probably originally had more support around it, but came apart after years of disuse. Thanks for the suggestions!

I guess I'm doing a Half-Life series of portraits, or something. This is a WIP for Father Grigori, but I will have to put off painting it for a while because I'm going to San Francisco next week and I have to do an art test for some game studio by next Monday. Deadlines are gross.

Father_Grigori_sketch_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

This is a super early work in progress of my most recent 3d scene. It's currently around 6500 triangles total, un-optimized. I still have a lot of detail to go, and haven't decided on a final composition. On the plus side, I finally got a job offer, from a big game studio in Austin. If I end up taking it, crazy immediate relocation plans might get in the way of some art for a while.

[Edited due to google warning - Munro]

Ferry_Street_corner_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Outstaning stuff! Definitely the best (fan)art around here. More please.

Thanks, dude. It's based on a photograph, and it was one of my first term projects at The Guildhall. The idea was to replicate every detail as close as you can, and limiting visible brushwork and stylization. So, boring, but a good exercise of observation. Photo is on the right.

53e2ffcc14.jpg

Holy Jesus...

Also, at other things:

Dear Mother of God...

Oh man, this took me forever to freaking finish. I don't do a lot of dark paintings/cool color schemes, so this one was a bit of a change.

Father_Grigori_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

I'm going to try and do a decent series of portraits, but I haven't decided who to do next..

Brilliant, thats all I can say!

Thanks, glad you like it! Here's a new drawing. I've been drawing a lot lately, since figuring out the facial rigging process for my female TF2 characters has been owning me hard.

TF2_Soldier_portrait_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

If there's one thing the internet needs more of, it's shitty Sonic fanart.

Big_the_Cat_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

TF2 soldier is awesome, but man, that Sonic...

He makes me uncomfortable.

This is some of the most recent progress on my female Medic and Heavy character mods. New normal maps, HUD/menu icons, and the textures have been developed to a finalized state. Aside from a few rigging tweaks that I'd like to mess around with a bit more, everything's ready to go. They just need to have their voices implemented. But I'm in Mexico right now and the internet is too terrible and I can't get on Source SDK for any testing or better images until I get back. Plus, the HLMV will now only show low res textures on my computer for eternity, lol. So that's cool.

Female_Medic__Heavy_WIP_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Medic__Heavy_character_select_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

I've been working on a bunch of different projects lately, like the tf2 polycount contest, a new female Spy model and some other personal work. I've been pretty good at finishing nothing lately, so here's some of my WIPs and ideas.

I_don__t_recall_your_name____by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

test2.jpg

Spy_knife_WIP_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

(This one is still majorly a work in progress)
Spy_revolver_WIP_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Female_Spy_sketches_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Alyx_and_Gordon_sketch_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

And here's some new WIP test renders for the knife, with some super early textures.

Spy_knife_WIP_2_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Looks cool. Are the white spots going to be some gemstones? Thats gunna be a fancypants knife. Also, whats up with that big black line running down the handle?

Looks cool. Are the white spots going to be some gemstones? Thats gunna be a fancypants knife. Also, whats up with that big black line running down the handle?

Thanks! Right now they're sort of ivory colored, though the lighting in the model viewer has them really blown out and white in these shots. I'll either darken them, go for a more pearlesecent material, or do something that's more team-colored with the knife texture and the embedded stones. The black line you mentioned is also a little tough to make out due to the orthographic renders, but it's a fine split in the wood on one side. It's a litttle more apparent in the model viewer screenshot.

Awesome Fez, Alia.

Everything else is also le awesome

I'm trying out some team color stuff with the knife, and did a little more work on the fez texture. I'm still having problems with selective alpha for the sunglasses, it's causing sorting issues and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get that working.

More_Spy_knife_stuff_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Fez_progress_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Awesome Fez, Alia.

Everything else is also le awesome

Thanks!

This is the new revolver for the Spy I'm working on. It's based off the Nagant M1895 with some changes/exaggeration here and there for style.

Spy_revolver_progress_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

I'm afraid I'll never notice a difference in revolvers unless you make it into a banana

banksy-pulp-fiction-banana-2.jpg

I'm afraid I'll never notice a difference in revolvers unless you make it into a banana

I feel the same way about phones.

Here is my final presentation for that Polycount contest.

The_Saharan_Spy_pack_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

And I drew this last night/this morning.

C17TF2_sketches_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

I also have to get my portfolio into shape by August (and by GDC for sure), just in case I'm looking for a new job, so I've been working on this again too.

Ferry_Street_WIP_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Ah, there is nothing quite like happening upon a thread like this to help me see the futility in my attempts to learn 3d modeling.

:LOL:

Oh yeah, gratz on winning btw

Made a safehouse from L4D with pipebombs and molotov cocktails

Link:

Safehouse-1080.jpg

Left 4 Dead.

Also, you attracted Ron Jeremy to your thread Kaptain. Very nice.

Back