Article Ideas

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's about time I wrote some more articles. I'm cooking up a few at the moment but I can't think of any more topics to write about at the moment.

If you guys have any ideas on topics you'd like to see discussed in an article then contact me on [email protected] and I'll write it. Alternatively if you have written an article yourself which you'd like to submit, you can do that in the usual way here.

Just out of curiosity would you prefer ideas for writting articles that are controversal (ie. release date stuff), non convtroversal, or do you not really care?

I don't really have any unique ideas for either at the moment though, sorry. :(

Either! I'm open to all ideas. I'll attempt to write amusing articles too (though those don't normally get pulled off very well because I'm not actually very funny. Or imaginative. /me looks at his screen name)

Maybe you should let somebody else write an amusing article.

Topics you could write about

- Halflife2.net's history
- An article discussing the Half-Life2 graphics engine. You could possiblely compare/contrast the HL2 engine with the Doom 3 engine. That would dispell alot of myths/rumors about the HL2 and Doom 3 engines (and explain how they are completely different).
- A guide about some of the more original/intriguing mods of HL2.

Needs to be moved (Didn't see the new thread Chris_D. Sorry bout that)

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25934

I would like to read an article about how you guys think the physics in all the source ports, such as DoD Source and CS Source, will affect strategies used to win matches. I think this will be the main thing, beside the graphic improvements, that will make these ports so good. I would like to see an article discussing what others think about this. Thanks.

I have sent my article on a Half-life religion...

...waiting for reply.

I sent it to Munro but I will send it to you.

wait a minute. I sent it to munro. I expect something to happen. Munro... happen? I must be mad :rolling:

when yu gonna post it chris?

huh?
huh?
huh?

Maybe i'll write some articles... If that's ok with anyone.

Can I rant alot?

Andy said:
when yu gonna post it chris?

huh?
huh?
huh?
Munro said that he told you he'd put it up eventually.

Chris_D said:
Hey guys,

It's about time I wrote some more articles. I'm cooking up a few at the moment but I can't think of any more topics to write about at the moment.

If you guys have any ideas on topics you'd like to see discussed in an article then contact me on [email protected] and I'll write it. Alternatively if you have written an article yourself which you'd like to submit, you can do that in the usual way here.

How about why Valve has taken 6 years to build Half-Life 2? Maybe go through the "building a game" process.

just let me write them instead chris d bwahaha
mruno rejected my article which i recently posted in the main halflife2 discussion

dassbaba said:
just let me write them instead chris d bwahaha
mruno rejected my article which i recently posted in the main halflife2 discussion

I wonder why :p What's the point in Munro posting an article when everyone has already read it?

Write an article outlining how you think Half-Life 2 might impact the industry.

Six Three said:
I wonder why :p What's the point in Munro posting an article when everyone has already read it?

no he rejected it like 10,000 years ago

Maybe an article explaining source's rendering capabilities I know this has been done but maybe we can sheld some light on the issue. You can explain what normal mapping, specular mapping, reflectivity, bump mapping, dynamic lightning, dynamic shadow, light source generated lightning, soft shadows, and some new things the latest generation of 3d cards can accomplish for example X800's 3dc , which gives normal mapping a 4:1 compression rate. And yes it'll be used in HL2.

Back