Asus x8000xt FAN DOES NOT WORK

Reaction score
x800xtpe pcix by asus

i repalced my bad fan, it still does not work. the card is fine. the fan is fine, everything is plugged in.

the fan worked last night for 3 hours and now i turn it on it does not work

i have a asus sli delux mobo.

what do you guys think it is. and a 500watt psu.

i even have the extra molex connecter on the asus board connected.

anyone have any ideas? the fan turns on and then it turns off.

not enough power?

Is the card working otherwise? If it is, get a converter for the fan and run it from a molex connector on the PSU, it seems that the pin header isn't working properly. If the card is not coming on at all, there are other problems underlying.

mr spoon said:
Is the card working otherwise? If it is, get a converter for the fan and run it from a molex connector on the PSU, it seems that the pin header isn't working properly. If the card is not coming on at all, there are other problems underlying.

the card is fine

how the power wire for the fan is very small, its a 3 wire, very tiny connector.

do they sell tiny connecter to molex?

this fan works for 10 minutes then it does not again.

it works when it feels like it.

i turn it on. it does not work. then it starts working by itself.

right now i unplugged everything from the PSU and put them all back. the fan works now!!!

i dont know if it will stay this way.

anyone have any idea?

whoa! an X-eight-thousand! Didn't know those were out yet!
Either RMA the card or get a 3rd-party cooler....

hungryduck said:
whoa! an X-eight-thousand! Didn't know those were out yet!
Either RMA the card or get a 3rd-party cooler....

what does RMA do?

will they give me a brand new VGA or a refurbished one?

and how do i ship them this broken one back.

this fan turns on when it feels like it and turns back off.

you ship it to them they give you a new one unless they find nothing wrong with it then they will refuse the sending of a new one

giant384 said:
you ship it to them they give you a new one unless they find nothing wrong with it then they will refuse the sending of a new one

i was just on the ASUS forums.

turns out the x800 series has this MAJOR problem of fan stopping.

MANY MANY MANY DIFFERENT POSTS on this topic on usa.asus.com forums.

everyone is having fan problems. i mean everyone with this series.

should i just say **** it, and buy a 3rd party cooler, i hear they are pretty good

but i would not mind forcing them send me a better card.

You'll be lucky. In answer to your question, you can get fan power adaptors, but as the others here have suggested, get a third party cooler. I'm a big fan of Zalman, their fans plug into the molex plugs on the PSU rather than the card too, plus they're quieter and allow for greater overclocking potential.

If you put a fan of your own on you will void the warrenty. Does that matter to you? If it does then send it back to them so they can take care of it. Then you keep your warrenty.

Otherwise get a molex adapter Is this the same 3 pin plug for the cooler?
Or buy a good Video card cooler. I've got this on my X850XT. It's quiet too.

Asus said:
If you put a fan of your own on you will void the warrenty. Does that matter to you? If it does then send it back to them so they can take care of it. Then you keep your warrenty.

Otherwise get a molex adapter Is this the same 3 pin plug for the cooler?
Or buy a good Video card cooler. I've got this on my X850XT. It's quiet too.

so you voided your warrenty and bought a new fan? and you prefer the zalman fan over the stock piece of shit. asus products have 3 years warrenty. on vga stuff. can you tell me some temperature loads. when it is idle and when it is full gaming.

i do 44 idle and 55 load with the stock fan on.

so how would the people know that i voided the warrenty if they have no idea if i bought the fan and replaced it. if anything breaks down i can just re place the old fan back on and they wont know anything about it.

Back