At last - Sept 30th Confirmed by VALVe at ECTS

i dont know much about stratagey guids but i thought they where realeased after or with the game. Anywaz eb says its comin out sep. 24 so wouldnt that hint something?:cheers:

Originally posted by nw909
Why?

All it would do was show scenes from random shit using hl2 graphics.
I think that would be enough for a long long time :)

also anxious to see the performance
i may actually be more curious as to the performance and implemented dx9 features than the game itself ;)

Originally posted by cbass
i dont know much about stratagey guids but i thought they where realeased after or with the game. Anywaz eb says its comin out sep. 24 so wouldnt that hint something?:cheers:

How to make an EB release date for Half Life 2.

Step 1: Pick a random date.
Step 2: There is no step 2.

(I'm late for something so I don't have time to reply to anything addressed at me, yet)

One thing you must remember.

Valve is making the game and NEVER, NEVER have they said anything else than the 30th of September.

What the stores say and what Vivendi says matters not. Valve are making it and they should know.

Not exectly, Vivendi/Sierra is the publisher. So they basicly have the power to put in to the stores or not. An other thing is, the stores and online shops desides when they are releasing the game or when they order them at Vivendi.

Valve is just trying to get the game ready on 13 September when it can go gold.

(euhm... is this right guys, what i am saying?)

Correct Kenny. But Fenrir the discussion wasn't about what he said/she said. It is about Valve making the date they claim. Even if they do Vivendi can put it out on the shelves when they want. BUT there is probably a stipulation in the contract that says if Valve finishes on X date, then Vivendi has "45" days to publish it for example.

Guys, guys, guys! Doug Lombardi said that right now the dev is focused on playtesting, that means the game will indeed hit shelves on the 30th.

what the stores decide is irrelevant, if it's published they will stock it.

What the longest time between going gold and shipping for a pc game? anyone know? I can't think if anything over a few weeks, so as far as I know the idea of a game going gold in september and not shipping till nov/dec is unheard of.

Para, that doesn't mean they will play test it for 3 weeks, find a bug, spend 2 weeks tweaking something and then finally get it gold.

Gold to shelf has been getting longer these days Typhon. I would think 3 to 4 weeks is max.

Yeah FluxCap is right, what if they find a big bug. That would be a disaster. I hope not, i think not.

So you guys think that when it's has gone gold, or the publisher says it will be out on 30 Sept. the online shops will change it to?? I hope so. Then I will get my game on time, Yeah.

Originally posted by FluxCap
Para, that doesn't mean they will play test it for 3 weeks, find a bug, spend 2 weeks tweaking something and then finally get it gold.

Gold to shelf has been getting longer these days Typhon. I would think 3 to 4 weeks is max.

The transport and shipment improves everyday. I don't think it will take so long.

"All we can do here is die"

Originally posted by Kenny
BUT BUT, where should I order Half-Life 2 then??
I've found that people who pre order the game thru the mail, get it days after people who go pick it up.

My advice, wait for the release date, then goto EB at lunch time. They'll have plenty on the shelf.

Posted this in its own thread, but perhaps it should have gone here first, my mistake, dont rip me a new a-hole. ;)

HALF-LIFE 2 TO RELEASE IN SEPTEMBER, INSISTS VALVE

The words of reassurance we've been longing for - read them inside!

16:21 Half-life 2 at ECTS - it wasn't quite what we'd hoped for, we'll admit it. Y'know, it still looks ace and all, but previously seen E3 footage, previously heard E3 speech, and a ban on questions that might expose any new information whatsoever - what the hell is that?
Oh well, at least developer Valve didn't compound our disenchantment with release date woes.

Despite whisperings of slips, Valve's Doug Lombardi stated: "the release date is unchanged". Top news indeed; that's just over a month away, mathmatically challenged Freeman fans. In the meantime, we'll be running the first part of our interview with Mr Lombardi later today...

source: www.computerandvideogames.com

Really? Doug Lombardi actually said, "The release date is unchanged."? That's great news indeed!

As for that link, it appears to be a member's only site if you want to actually read the articles.

At any rate, the buzz that is starting to come out now is definitely showing very positive signs of Valve hitting the September 30 mark!

the following is from a post I posted on a similar thread... I'm reposting it in this thread as it appears to fit the current discussion...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone knows how completely stupid EB and Gamespot personnel can be when it comes to the release date for HL2, but I have to share my frustration with you guys since I know alot of you'll relate.

I was at Gamespot today picking up my copy of SC2 when I asked the so-called manager if he'd heard about the ETCS confirmation of September 30th.

To make a long story short, this dickhead (who btw thinks he's hot shit for going to E3 *lmao - I've been there the last 4 years too*) kept insisting that I was "uninformed" and that he'd talked to their Viendi(sp) rep last week who told him that everyone at VU was worried that HL2 might not even be out by the end of their fiscal year which is March 2004. I pretty much proceeded to laugh in his face, but he kept acting like I was insane and said stuff like...

"Gamespot is the WORLD'S LARGEST chain, I think we'd know if it was coming out in a month."

I told him about that it's been confirmed by Valve, and that VU has already admitted to a "miscommincation", but he kept insisting that he was right, saying "The Viendi rep told me... Feb 2004."

I don't blame this idiot for being so misinformed as he has to rely on his trusty monitor to tell him if the sky is blue or pink, but this guy's comination of knowitall attitude and narrowminded thinking really PISSED ME off. I wanted to beat his stupid ass down.

I sarcasticly told him that I'd call him to update the computer after HL2 went gold. I also pointed out that the Gamespot website still has Sept 30th as the ADVERTISED release date.

I can't wait to rub it in this guys face when it goes gold and whatnot.

(btw I'm no HL2 fanboy. I normally wouldn't care what this idiot believed, but this guy's attitude needs to be checked big time.)

Lets hope Valve gives me that opportunity.

Now all we need is the SDK and NEW movies and we will all be happy until the 30th

Originally posted by smilez
Now all we need is the SDK and NEW movies and we will all be happy until the 30th

Don't forget the damn HL2 benchmark which Gabe promised *before the release date*. I'd really like to see something rendered on Source running in real-time on my rig.

The techdemo (room w/ barrels) from E3 would be nice as a combo benchmark/demo, but I doubt we're that lucky.

Cool I hope the bechmark is not a windows program with a little graph saying your video card rules / sucks.. and has some 3d stuff (even if non interactive) like 3dmark

All I need now is to here another confirmation, from either Gabe or Erik and Id be on Cloud Nine.

i should seriously stop reading this thread, i'm way too excited now for the benchmark and game :)

Originally posted by Pagy
i should seriously stop reading this thread, i'm way too excited now for the benchmark and game :)

Don't want you to have a heart attack but it looks like the benchmark will be out soon enough...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lombardi: Well, we're actually going to release a benchmark pretty soon...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:cheers: :cheese:

Originally posted by NoGodForMe
I've found that people who pre order the game thru the mail, get it days after people who go pick it up.

My advice, wait for the release date, then goto EB at lunch time. They'll have plenty on the shelf.

I've ordered games off Amazon a few times and they have come on the release date.

I have mine pre ordered at Amazon.co.uk and my Delivery date is set at October 1st, but thats only because of the weekend. Now if i passed my driving test before the release i would drive out to the store and buy it direct, but then again i still have college to get away from :( So ill just leave it as Preorder, i can wait 2 days more, the main thing im worried about tho is all the a-holes that when they get the game they will post screenies of things some people dont wanna see :dozey:

dont surf the forums for a day or 2 then if your worried, problem solved.

Originally posted by AcousticToad
I have mine pre ordered at Amazon.co.uk and my Delivery date is set at October 1st, but thats only because of the weekend. Now if i passed my driving test before the release i would drive out to the store and buy it direct, but then again i still have college to get away from :( So ill just leave it as Preorder, i can wait 2 days more, the main thing im worried about tho is all the a-holes that when they get the game they will post screenies of things some people dont wanna see :dozey:

Don't worry, when I ordered Freelancer, it came on the release date. Amazon are usually good, and the 1st of October is 1 day after 30th September, not two.

Lol, good point, i thought there were 31 days in September? Also, i was taking into account the weekend, i dunno if they deliver on weekends?

30 days has September, April, June, and November. All the rest have 31, excepot for February, which stands alone.

Never heard that when you were in elementary school?

Originally posted by AcousticToad
Lol, good point, i thought there were 31 days in September? Also, i was taking into account the weekend, i dunno if they deliver on weekends?

30th of September is a Tuesday.
1st of October is a Wednesday.

There is no weekend.

Also, they deliver on Saturdays, and once I ordered a book on Sunday night and got it on Monday morning. I was quite surprised.

There will be a weekend when it comes around for me :cool: Probably a 2 month weekend, but a weekend nonetheless.

Also, i have heard that saying but a long time ago, and school in the UK is alot like prison so most of the time you were not in the room because of broken windows;(

Back