ATI Radeon X800 PRO 256MB

riTuaL

Reaction score
I was wondering what I should do about powering this card. Do you guys think I should go with a 500 watt power supply or will I be ok with the standard?

350W will be fine, 400W is what I run mine with though. You might want some fans to keep that thing cool.

Best to make sure it's a good quality one though - you'll want an efficient/reliable PSU to run it.

:hmph: Is true you could get performance increase(FPS) if you have a higher wattage power supply?

400-450+ is what I reccomend. The better it's powered, the better it runs.

Well, I planned on getting this: Super Alien 500 Watt See Through Power Supply w/ Fan Speed Control, will that do?

riTuaL said:
Well, I planned on getting this: Super Alien 500 Watt See Through Power Supply w/ Fan Speed Control, will that do?

Do they have a brand name like Antec or Thermaltake?

Well I think that is the brand name of that specific PSU, but, there is a thermaltake 480watt PSU for the same price. Should I go with that instead?

You shouldn't go for a PSU based on wattage alone. Just because a PSU is rated 550W etc, doesn't mean its good quality. A good PSU will deliver power cleanly across each of the three rails and don't threaten the stability of your system. Having said that if your going to have high end components that will need lots of juice and lots of hard drives you should be looking at a minimum of 400W.

Back