ATI's webpage shows optimisim!!

scarecrow1

Reaction score
take a look at ATI's "get in the game page" and have a look at the calendar month of OCt: theres a picture of the hl2 logo. dont know if this means anything but each motnh has a picture of what is happning or happened during that month. check it out and tell me if im just obsessed or dilusional and paranoid!!

:bounce: :farmer: :farmer: :borg: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

we dont know a release date yet, wait for valve/vivendi to make an announcement...

but did you see the ati page? that's what im asking...and also give your conclusions..

my conclusion is that they know about us much as every1 else... absolutely fa. so stop making conspiracy release date threads and just wait for the announcement

Not speculate man may, for in that great evil lies.

Since when am i speculating....i'm asking a question!!!..i have observed something and was curious, i wondered if anyone else had seen it and wanted to make sure it wasn't something everybody had missed...

thats all..take it easy guys.

They had the counterstrike logo last week for October and now they have the HL2 logo, which is quite interesting. With ATi having close links with Valve i.e. free HL2 vouchers, they may know something. :imu:

wohoo, tribes! :p Shit. Thunder outside. My computer must take a break. Cya later people..

That HL2 for October was from last year. Yes, ATI was a little bit too optimistic then.

scarecrow chronically posts information to lull people into a false sense of excitement.

Have you ever considered applying for a position at Valves marketing department?

Damn you guys are dumb..what are you 11...12..13 years of age...frickin hell i already told you guys that i was not telling any release dates or specultaing about the release, all i have said is that there is something interesting on the ATI page that you guy could check out and clarify what it meant.

Do you guys get it now??? there are people in these forums who posts incredibly stupid and irrelevant info and end up saying that they thought it was something intersting..my post actually has some relevance because i SAW it i did not DREAM or THINK it up!!

where did you ever learn such a big word like "lull", could not have been those pokemon or yughioh cartoons could it?

I learnt if from spongebob squarepants.

That feverishly humorous character always has me in stitches :LOL:

Now excuse my whilst i place my spiderman pyjamas on and get ready for mum to read me a story in bed.

I want it and I want NOW damm why cant they release it this weak
so many mags reviewed it so why not release it

Woot. The more hl2 info the more i want the game.

Why is it when theres a storm outside americans always turn off their Pc and go hide in some nuclear fallout shelter or something, and leave the rest of the house' electrical goods plugged in?

what.. you think a PC is a lightening magnet or something?

odds of being hit by lightning:

0.0000000002%

If you are on a dialup/ISDN modem then fair enough. if you are on cable then can i just point out that fiber optics dont carry electricity they carry light.

oh and buy a DVD drive for that thing.

FthrJACK said:
Why is it when theres a storm outside americans always turn off their Pc and go hide in some nuclear fallout shelter or something, and leave the rest of the house' electrical goods plugged in?

0.0000000002%

If you are on a dialup/ISDN modem then fair enough. if you are on cable then can i just point out that fiber optics dont carry electricity they carry light.

you dont really get it do you?
The pc is very easily damaged by power spikes, your refrigirator for example is much less affect by them.
Your PC doesn't have to physically struck at all, if a powerline is struck a mile away, the surge can still harm or destroy your pc.
Oh and powerlines do actually attract lightning.

FthrJACK said:

0.0000000002%

A direct hit by lightning is very improbable. A power surge is not. PCs are frigging expensive, so we turn them off so they don't die. Who cares about the toaster?

i know what a power surge does to a PC Clavius, i do get it. im 27 years old, and work for the UK Gov as a Sys Admin.

theres these magic inventions called surge protectors. They cost very little, in the US they will cost even less. And with your unstable power services i would have thought UPS and Surge Protection where vital bits of kit.

If you get a proper power surge in your home, your TV, VCR, DVD, Microwave and godknows what else are all going to bite the big one.

but at least your pc will be safe, right?

in my time ive seen one Pc thats took a hit down the phone line (56k Modem) which was nice, opened the modem and it looked fine inside, took the PCB out and the other side looked fine but the case was all black, closer examination of the black marks and PCB revealed the black marks where actually the tracks out of the PCB -- they had blown clean out of the PCB. the motherboard also had areas where no tracks remained. Memory was damaged too. Oddly the rest of the PC lived.

Other one was from an unknown power surge, also during a storm, also 56k modem, no visible damage though.

Neither had surge protection, and neither belonged to me thankfully.

fez said:
my conclusion is that they know about us much as every1 else... absolutely fa. so stop making conspiracy release date threads and just wait for the announcement

seeing as ati have a massive contract/agreement with valve, im sure they would know more than us/everyone else about the release date, and the feelings valve have about it coming out soon

FthrJACK said:
i know what a power surge does to a PC Clavius, i do get it. im 27 years old, and work for the UK Gov as a Sys Admin.

theres these magic inventions called surge protectors. They cost very little, in the US they will cost even less. And with your unstable power services i would have thought UPS and Surge Protection where vital bits of kit.

If you get a proper power surge in your home, your TV, VCR, DVD, Microwave and godknows what else are all going to bite the big one.

but at least your pc will be safe, right?

in my time ive seen one Pc thats took a hit down the phone line (56k Modem) which was nice, opened the modem and it looked fine inside, took the PCB out and the other side looked fine but the case was all black, closer examination of the black marks and PCB revealed the black marks where actually the tracks out of the PCB -- they had blown clean out of the PCB. the motherboard also had areas where no tracks remained. Memory was damaged too. Oddly the rest of the PC lived.

Other one was from an unknown power surge, also during a storm, also 56k modem, no visible damage though.

Neither had surge protection, and neither belonged to me thankfully.

Surge protectors are not 100% guaranteed, and the average person has no need or desire for a UPS. Most of us don't have a problem turning our computers off for an hour or two to wait out a storm. It's not a big deal.

Back