ATTENTION: Read this before posting upgrade questions/'Will my PC run HL2?' questions

how will my comp play?

intel celeron 2.6 ghz
256 mb ram
geforce fx 5200 128mb
40 gb hd
52xcdrw/16xdvdrom

yeah, i know my computer sucks, but i know it'll probably play hl2. if possible can you tell me the max settings i'll be able to play at and the fps.

sniper wolf said:
how will my comp play?

intel celeron 2.6 ghz
256 mb ram
geforce fx 5200 128mb
40 gb hd
52xcdrw/16xdvdrom

yeah, i know my computer sucks, but i know it'll probably play hl2. if possible can you tell me the max settings i'll be able to play at and the fps.

dx 7 yes
dx 8 maybe
dx 9 nevar.

HUGEkebab said:
btw i bet u kerry gets in. exit polls look good in ohio for kerry. :cheers:

not to make you mad, but kerry conceded and bush won.:cheers:
51%(bush) to 48%(kerry).nader got 1%.

how will i be able to run hl-2 ?

- P4 3.0 ghz
- asus P4C800-e deluxe
- hercules 9700 pro
- 1 gig. DDr 333 ram.

i want high fps. i has to run smooth.

on wich setting can i achieve this with these specs.

true:i ran hl1 on a pentium 120 and it was pretty good for the most part,also the video card was intel integrated:p

How's mine gonna cope on high settings, you recon, guys?

AMD Athlon 3100XP+
768MB RAM DDR PC3200/400Mhz
Sapphire ATI 9600 Atlantis ~ 128Mb - Supports Dx9

I think my graphics card is my bottleneck, but it isn't that bad. Eyecandy is great on Cs:s and I still get around 60-100fps running about, and 50 odd fps in firefights with nades etc.

Cheers, guys.

i am getting a new computer and it comes with:

athlon 64 3400+ processor
512 ram
nvidia 5200 xt (i know it sucks)

does anyone know if i can run hl2 on medium settings with about 40 for fps. dont feel like upgrading my video card or ram because i am not a big PC gamer, but hl2 looks so sick i just have to have it.

also my current computer specs are:

intel 2.24 processor
512 ram
nvidia mx440 128 mb

i am getting the impression that the mx440 is better than the 5200 xt. is this true because i thought the 5200 xt was way newer.

It will play better on your new computer.

If you haven't gotten your new comp yet, you will be MUCH better off buying a ATi 9600 Pro. This is not that expensive.

Oh yea, low/med settings.

Subatomic said:
It will play better on your new computer.

If you haven't gotten your new comp yet, you will be MUCH better off buying a ATi 9600 Pro. This is not that expensive.

Oh yea, low/med settings.

ok thanks alot. i am not sure if i will get halflife2, but if i can play it on medium with no AA, and the FPS around 35-40, i will probably get it. can anyone give me a definite yes or no on this.

Need a brief response

To the experts

I know you get this all the time, hope you can answer.

I have a humble pentium 4 1.7ghz
512 mb ram
puny Gforce 4 mx440 64mb vidcard
Windows ME (ugh)

I plan to upgrade my vid card to at least an ATI 9800 pro 128...or probably an ATI 256 ram...
If I make this upgrade, can I run HL2 smooth? (Would getting the ati9800 with 256 be too much?)

I have a question.... I currently have a 4x agp system with a 9800 pro, 2.8ghz P4 1gig Rambus(t) Ram. Id like to upgrade to a X800 Pro but will I stop seeing a big performance increase because of my 4x Agp slot.

In other words will there be a noticible difference in performance? Big Bottleneck? Thanks

I am probaly buying a new computer, 2.8 ghz, 768 ram, pentium 4 and i will keep teh graphics card from my old pc, radeon 9600 xt.

Will i be able to run hl2 on high graphics smoothly, or atleast on medium smoothly ?

HI guys i am new here and i need some advice here about my pc please.

Here is my PC specs
Pentium 4 2.0Ghz
512MB RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2
ATI RADEON HIS EXCALIBUR 9550/9600

Will i be able to run Half Life 2 in high settings? Any advice plz.THX!

sniper wolf said:
actually my graphics card is dx9 supported. :hmph:

you misunderstand m8, what hes saying is that although, yes, in theory your card supports dx9, in reality it will simply be unable to put out enough frames per second for it to be playable, whereas if you play dx8 you just may be able to handle it. not being funny but you really should buy a 9600 pro m8y they are dirt cheap these days n u wont regret it :D

HUGEkebab said:
you misunderstand m8, what hes saying is that although, yes, in theory your card supports dx9, in reality it will simply be unable to put out enough frames per second for it to be playable, whereas if you play dx8 you just may be able to handle it. not being funny but you really should buy a 9600 pro m8y they are dirt cheap these days n u wont regret it :D
my damn computer doesn't have an agp slot ;(. i would already have a better graphics card if i had an agp slot in my computer.

Well here are my specs. I just ordered a new 9800pro (128 Mb) off of newegg.com but I'm wondering if it may have been smarter to upgrade something else.

AMD Athalon XP 2100+
KT400 Soyo Dragon (Ultra Platinum)
Crucial PC 2100 512 Mb DDR
Radeon 8500 (64 Mb)
Western Digital 120 Gig HD
SB Live! 5.1

So did I make the right choice?

sniper wolf said:
my damn computer doesn't have an agp slot ;(. i would already have a better graphics card if i had an agp slot in my computer.

oh dear :(

maybe you shoudl consider buying a moytherboard ram cpu bundle and upgrading. then when u can afford it grab a 9600 pro or 9800 pro

HUGEkebab said:
maybe you shoudl consider buying a moytherboard ram cpu bundle and upgrading. then when u can afford it grab a 9600 pro or 9800 pro
thanx. i'll see if i can do that. :)

i was wondering how well will my pc run Half Life 2?

My Specs are

256mb radeon 9600xt
512mb ram
2.6ghz p4

any help wold be highly appreciated

hey
i have geforce MX 440
i dunno if its 64 or not, but for safe measures lets say it is.
i know it will run hl2, but how good will it run?
please reply thanks in advance guys

cheers 8 more days!

infernalmajesty said:
i was wondering how well will my pc run Half Life 2?

My Specs are

256mb radeon 9600xt
512mb ram
2.6ghz p4

any help wold be highly appreciated

You will run it with a good framerate on medium/high settings.

irjoe said:
hey
i have geforce MX 440
i dunno if its 64 or not, but for safe measures lets say it is.
i know it will run hl2, but how good will it run?
please reply thanks in advance guys

cheers 8 more days!

Low settings, maybe some medium options.

hey, has anyone tried looking at the link to the pc website that sometimes appears at the top of the page. would it be worth it to get the pc on there that is $2,599?

I have:
A64 3000+ (oc'd)
1GB DDR 400 RAM (oc'd)
Radeon 9700 Pro(oc'd)
NForce 3 (FSB oc'd)

Will HL2 run at 640x480 16bpp with everything set to minimum at 100fps?

K.I.L.E.R said:
I have:
A64 3000+ (oc'd)
1GB DDR 400 RAM (oc'd)
Radeon 9700 Pro(oc'd)
NForce 3 (FSB oc'd)

Will HL2 run at 640x480 16bpp with everything set to minimum at 100fps?
Yes...

I need some avice here plz her is my pc specs:
Pentium4 2.0Ghz
512MB RAM
HIS EXCALIBUR RADEON 9550 128MB(GOING TO OVERCLOCK THIS<<)

how good will my pc be able to run half life 2? any comment?

how will the new celeron d 320 2.40 ghz,with 512 mb memory and ge force fx 5200 run hl2?

HeWasOnly3 - You will run it at a decent framerate on medium settings

wayne - Your processor will be holding you back, that one is really slow. Your graphics card will allow you only low and maybe some medium settings

what happened if i get a CORSAIR 512MB RAM? Will my performance be smoother or get a Pentium 4 3.0 Extreme edition HT??

Well my friend hv a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz(from 1.7 overclocked to 3.0 is he insane?)and a ATI RADEON 9500 PRO .Fuhther after he bought a Kingston 512Mb Ram his pc is able to run Doom 3 super smooth at high settings any comments plz?

Hi everybody.

I was wondering how well would my computer will run Half-Life 2. The specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 1800+ (~1.5 Mhz)
Video Card: Geforce FX 5700 256 meg
RAM: 768 Megs DDR
Cash: None

Hmm... maybe I should pay a visit to a friend who's holding my 2100+ hostage. :frown:

I guess I'll join the bandwagon and ask. Here are my specs:

Processor: 2.8GHz P4
Mobo: ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
RAM: 512MB PC3200 DDR
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (OC to XT speeds)

I like running games at 1280x1024. Can I expect to get good framerates with settings on high? Thanks.

it is really annoying when people post specs for their computer that is really good and ask if they will be able to play the game, although it is obvious that they will be able to play the game on good settings. this will probably also help the guys who try to help the people who have low-end systems.thank you. :frown:

Zamza said:
Hi everybody.

I was wondering how well would my computer will run Half-Life 2. The specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 1800+ (~1.5 Mhz)
Video Card: Geforce FX 5700 256 meg
RAM: 768 Megs DDR
Cash: None

Hmm... maybe I should pay a visit to a friend who's holding my 2100+ hostage. :frown:
It should run OK. I would think you would be able to run at 1024x768 with good detail (DX8.1). Your memory will help you.
huang said:
I guess I'll join the bandwagon and ask. Here are my specs:

Processor: 2.8GHz P4
Mobo: ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
RAM: 512MB PC3200 DDR
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (OC to XT speeds)

I like running games at 1280x1024. Can I expect to get good framerates with settings on high? Thanks.
It should be OK. Although it might be more playable at 1024x768 with AA/AF enabled. Don't expect steady performance with high settings when first loading sections of the map. Memory helps.

Asus said:
It should be OK. Although it might be more playable at 1024x768 with AA/AF enabled. Don't expect steady performance with high settings when first loading sections of the map. Memory helps.

Cool, I have no problem with bumping the resolution down to 1024x768 if it'll get me better performance. Should I expect to see a significantly smoother gameply at the lower resolution (ie 45+ fps?)

Back