Audio-Steam

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
The front runner for the IGF Awards this year; Audiosurf has been confirmed for a release on Steam this Friday the 15th of February. It is now available for pre-purchase with a 10% discount off the $9.95 retail price until it is released. Audiosurf on Steam will include The Orange Box soundtrack which includes hits such as 'Still Alive' from Portal. Audiosurf is also one of the first title to make full use of the recently announced Steamworks and will offer full support for Steam achievements available via the Steam Community Profile Pages.[br]
Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.
Watch out for this landing this Friday.

So awesome that 'Still Alive' is incorporated, amazing idea :D

Great speedy newspost too Evo.

I can't see it on Steam. So it's not available for pre-purchase yet?

You posted too soon!

Seems not :(

Well Doug emailed me personally with the news.....:p

What are the bets that as_stillalive is the most popular multiplayer map?

I tried getting into Audiosurf, but I just couldn't. However, I know of a lot of members are simply tickled fancy by this latest addition in the Steam store.

Now now, let's not flatter ourselves. ;)

He's got most of us on the PR list.

Actually, Doug phoned me to let me know he was coming round so that he could personally inform me by carving the words into his naked chest in front of me.

What are the bets that as_stillalive is the most popular multiplayer map?

hopefully this is a joke, and this person understands what the game is :p

Anyways, I've already prepurchased it. This game was awesome in the beta, and 'might' get better now that it's backed by Steam...

Actually, Doug phoned me to let me know he was coming round so that he could personally inform me by carving the words into his naked chest in front of me.

He still has space on his chest ?! he does that for me every time i want to know the time ... sheeesh.

-dodo

Yup. I want it now in demo I can play only 4 songs :/ grrr.

**** yeah! I might steal my dad's creditcard just for this!

Awesome. I'm going to steal Jintor's dads credit card just for this.

I'm so getting this. The beta 2 I have played was brilliant and it's delightful to see it on Steam! I thought there will be technical problems with buying it, because it's independent stuff, but here it is in Steam. Awesome, Valve! :)

Valve is made of awesomeness. Ah and about credit cards my mom make one for me so I can buy all games on Steam :p You see your parents doesn't love you.

I've been playing the press version (writing a review for it) quite a lot. It's a lot of fun. I'm glad everyone here is pretty enthusiastic about it. It will be a worthwhile purchase.

I suspect he means a full version of the game he received prior to wide release because he's a member of the press :p

I've been facing a handful of bugs, but they are being looked into so I don't mind.

I will purchase it once my PayPal account is completed finishing itself :hmph:

This game is brilliant. Find the right song and you just gawp at how neat the game is.

Back