Banned from hl2!

yadalogo

Reaction score
Quetion for anyone! I am not a cheateroristor hacker so dont get that ipmression of me, i hate those scum:) Say a friend of mine downloaded a hack for cs and the other hl1 games onto my computer, and played around to see what it was like,and i got banned from pretty much alomst every server for all games even though he didnt play those games for a year starting last october, would I be banned for hl2 servers until that year is up?

Why im not a bad person though i dont deserve such a wicked punishment! its almost october anyways!

yadalogo said:
Why im not a bad person though i dont deserve such a wicked punishment! its almost october anyways!

It will last on your steam id for a year. Regardless of game.

Chris_D said:
I assume it logs your IP too.

Unfortunatly, I don't think it does. If he was to go out and buy a $10 half life game from Best Buy he could still play. But Valve just made him pay for the game twice, so in the end, Valve wins.

Dude your banned from all games on steam until ur year is up. Same thing with me because I downloaded a skin pack and there were hacks on it that i didnt know of. So I just created a new account with a new cd key and I can play again.

If I were you I would beat the hell out of your friend, lol. Sorry to say, but that is what you get when your "friend" downloads hacks onto your computer...

Well, if you have previously installed version of piratised HL doesn't do anything harm to you right? Only if you try to play the game over the net you get banned right?

Only got yourself to blame, can't blame your friend, you let him do it knowingly

Got what you deserved, whatever your reason for doing it.

Would be cool if all the major HL2 sites could get together with Valve and also ban people from their forums who've been banned from Steam. That should put a few more people off doing it.

Nope valve soesnt win because im using the valve premier pack with all the hl mods for free
and i get cs source

playing devil's advocate:
First post didn't actually say he knew about his friend using hacks prior or during.
could have been afterword.

probably not, but it might be worth not inferring and making bold statements

yadalogo said:
Nope valve soesnt win because im using the valve premier pack with all the hl mods for free
and i get cs source
after hl2 is release the mods cant be access any longer.

Advice: Logout of everything before you leave your computer unattended, and don't check "remember passwords".
Or at least lock your room.

RogueShadow said:
Advice: Logout of everything before you leave your computer unattended, and don't check "remember passwords".
Or at least lock your room.

Yeah, your mom might come in to clean your room and decide to download and use hax for cs..

Well for some wierd reason when i was downloading and installing steam from the valve offer website, i never put in my coupon cd-key but it gave me all the premier pack games i never had to put in my cd-key ever! LOL so now all i did was make a new account and put the coupon cd-key in! yay now im playing cs again:) Now i know never to download *cough*cough* to let a friend download hacks onto my computer, even if it is just to se what it is like! :D

Hackers should have their nipples peirced with burning lincoln logs.

Somehow i get the impression this is a forum newbie wanting some attention.

Can one of the moderators get his IP from the forum logs (or however you log user IPs) and send valve his "confessions"....would sure be nice to get a hacker perma banned

Silly hackers, Trix are for kids.
EDIT: Fenric's name are changz0red, oh noes.

The Dark Elf said:
Would be cool if all the major HL2 sites could get together with Valve and also ban people from their forums who've been banned from Steam. That should put a few more people off doing it.

United Admins Black-List.

CB | Para said:
United Admins Black-List.
Exactly.

Would be cool if hl2.net, HLsource, HL2C, HL2world, PHL etc. could all agree on it and work with Valve to make it happen. Then the cheaters and hackers would have to go elsewhere and eventually they might realise they aren't wanted.

While these sites rarely agree on anything, I'm pretty sure we all agree that cheating spoils it for everyone.

h4vvok said:
Can one of the moderators get his IP from the forum logs (or however you log user IPs) and send valve his "confessions"....would sure be nice to get a hacker perma banned

We can, but right now only if Valve ask for it first.

I wonder if it would be possible to tie forum accounts into steamID's That could have the effect of making bans on forums much more serious, as you'd have to go out and buy another Valve product to get back on lol. Imagine how expensive it would be for Zak Drinan and EvilEwok :E

Bannination is a good thing for those who deserve it :thumbs:. It's a bit like the death penalty though, what if you make a mistake? Ok, so it's not quite as harsh and can be reversed but it'd be a shed load of hastle to convince VALVe / forum mods to unban you.

I'm all for detering the HaX0Rz. Where's the petition? :p

I only downloaded it to see what it was like not to cause a ruccusa and agony! no they cant do anything about our IPs because all ur acount knows is ur SteamId so if u get banned all u have to do is make a new account wich is a new SteamId. only servers can bann ur IP but Valve can ban ur steamid from every single server for everygame. So in the end Valve is powerless against my monkey sourcery, muahahahhahaha :dork:

yadalogo said:
I only downloaded it to see what it was like not to cause a ruccusa and agony! no they cant do anything about our IPs because all ur acount knows is ur SteamId so if u get banned all u have to do is make a new account wich is a new SteamId. only servers can bann ur IP but Valve can ban ur steamid from every single server for everygame. So in the end Valve is powerless against my monkey sourcery, muahahahhahaha :dork:
"but I didn't know it was wrong officer, I just wanted to steal this car/break into this house, take drugs, rape this girl. To see what it was like"

It's no excuse, you can't tell us you didn't know cheating was wrong, nobody cares if you cheat on a SP game, but when you cheat on a MP game you spoil it for others, and to say you only did it to see what it was like is not good enough.

Oh and don't assume they don't know your IP.. for you to connect to steam and have data sent back and forth, it requires knowing your IP, otherwise it doesn't know where to send the data packets.

So thats your bonfire well and truly pissed on :p

How was i spoiling it for others? i wasnt like abusiing it or anything just seing what a wall hack and aimbot and all that other crap were, like i wasnt really playing i think i might have gotten like 6 kills to 21 deaths not really making it unfair for others!

Seeing through walls, and having an aimbot. Hmmm HOW DOESNT IT AFFECT OTHER PLAYERS. If you suck ass at a game get better dont effing cheat.

a friend of mine.... thats maa storry and iiiim stiiickin' too it
*country song reference*

The Dark Elf said:
We can, but right now only if Valve ask for it first.

I wonder if it would be possible to tie forum accounts into steamID's That could have the effect of making bans on forums much more serious, as you'd have to go out and buy another Valve product to get back on lol. Imagine how expensive it would be for Zak Drinan and EvilEwok :E

It's entirely possible to tie steamIDs with forum accounts....at fdassault.com (CS server site, I'm a co-owner) we've gotten quite a few people that were banned for hacking who decided to whine on our forums, then banned them by their IP adresses...sad how some of our old regulars had started hacking (toggle hacks, like wallhack, etc..) and then tried to lie on the forums. Even funnier when we twist their words around until they finally admit :)

I think allowing forum admins to ban steamIDs would be a bad idea. There are way to many stupid anal admins out there. They are not like the US they cant rule the HLworld.

Hackers all need to get out of the gaming biz and go to hell. but they can temporarily go to an all hacker room, there is one on CS that is called Hackers R Us, they actually promote hacking in that room. Its freaking hilarious the hacks that you see in that room. Go there and check it out.

*sigh* Perm-ban. Dynamic IP. Hacker on my ISP.

Why should I be made to have trouble cos someone hacks on my ISP??? ffs.

yadalogo said:
Well for some wierd reason when i was downloading and installing steam from the valve offer website, i never put in my coupon cd-key but it gave me all the premier pack games i never had to put in my cd-key ever! LOL so now all i did was make a new account and put the coupon cd-key in! yay now im playing cs again:) Now i know never to download *cough*cough* to let a friend download hacks onto my computer, even if it is just to se what it is like! :D

it takes the cdkey from your registry.

steam bans your cd-key.

you can make a new account, but you have to buy another version of hl (or cs) something with a valid CD-key.

theres a no tolerance rule on cheating with VAC, simply because people can cheat for months, get caught and make shit up... this is the internet its hard to prove character.

best thing to do is if you have any integrity, dont go near cheats.
if your interested in cheats chances are you would use them.
me I can personally say I have never ever used cheats of any kind.. including walkthroughs or someone elses saved games.. then again I see no point to a game if theres no challenge, and getting stuck doesnt = being beat and running to get cheats.

I have a hard time believing you downloaded hacks just to "see what they were like". You must have done something to warrent being banned for a year. Nice attempt to pass off your own stupid mistake onto your "friend" and then your curiosity though. Even if you did "just want to see what it was like", you still deserve punishment simply for supporting the hacking community by downloading their hacks. As long as hackers see that their stuff continues to be downloaded they're going to assume their actions are justified and that there's a demand for more hacks. If you've got that much disrespect for the people your playing with (and don't even try and argue that you don't, because even trying a hack at someone else's expense is disrespectful) then your lucky to just get by with a one year ban.

Back