Batman Begins

Adrien C

Reaction score
What a great movie. Cudos to the director, his new approach was outstanding.

No spoiler review ::

Well, first of all, it has nothing, absolutly nothing to do with the past movies. The director has taken a new, darker approach. As you may know, it tell the story of how the batman legend started, where Bruce received his ninja training and the making of the suit. What I really like is that, in a way, it all makes sense, it could litterally "happen", exept from some car scenes. The making of the suit is really cool, I'm glad they found a good story behind it. The acting is good, verry good, Bale can really act, I allways liked him since that dragon flick. The english actor from 28 days who plays the scarecrow is really good too. Michael Caine is as allways a great actor and does a fantastic job.
The story is verry original and throws some really really good twists, something that I haven't seen in quite a while in a movie.

The only bad point would be that it goes a little to fast and the spectator gets kind of lost between the start- developement and the ending.

It really leaves you a good taste !

Bend over Schumacher, you f/\g.

I am looking forward to this movie, It wont be in my country for a while thou...

Cilian Murphy plays The Scarecrow if anyone is interested. While good, I still think the film is surpassed by Batman Returns - that film had everything you could want: a dark tone with Tim Burton, first-class soundtrack from Danny Elfman, the best Batman actor so far, an excellent choice for the antagonists and Christopher Walken. I simply can't fault it.

Adrien C said:
What I really like is that, in a way, it all makes sense, it could litterally "happen", exept from some car scenes.

They make it 'seem' plausable, but in the world we live in it couldn't happen :)

BTW, did anyone expect anything other than a good movie considering it's directed by Christopher Nolan??

rAdIOhEaD said:
I am looking forward to this movie, It wont be in my country for a while thou...

There are ways to get it you know...

anyways, question time:
Does it take place in a future stupid town with ugly cars and really ugly buildings?

Saw this tonight.

It's real good. The interpretation of the Batman universe is spot on.

One gripe: Nolan needs to learn how to shoot action better. Longer takes, wider shots.

Half the time everything is shot so close and the cuts are so quick it's impossible to tell what is actually happening.

Just saw it, holy shit, That movie is BAD ASSED! Seriously that movie made me want to go punch my mom in the face.

DarkStar said:
Saw this tonight.

One gripe: Nolan needs to learn how to shoot action better. Longer takes, wider shots.

Half the time everything is shot so close and the cuts are so quick it's impossible to tell what is actually happening.

That's true, I don't know if he did that so the movie is more based on the characters than on the action (tye kingdom of heaven) or he just can't shoot the action scenes.

THe movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!
The original batman movies could be sumed up by saying it's for "13 yr old kids, who like plotless, mindless action" whereas i would label the new awesome-badass-kick-ass-movie "a realistic, mature, darker, batman movie for the thinking man".

Oh and for those who have seen it,
at the end when batman gets the joker card from commissionar Gordon, do you think it will lead to the original batman movie or go it's own path with a joker character?

I wish i were you, so i could be thrown into that world of awesomeness again.

I'm seeing it this weekend. I'm a big fan of Batman, especially the Frank Miller Batman comics and its obvious where some of the inspiration came from.

Holy shit, suck my dick and call me Johnny. Thats in my top 10 movies of all-time, possible even hit my top 5.

Christopher Nolan > Tim Burton.

Although I love Burton, I love's Nolan Dark Knight feel to it. Awesome, just simply awesome. Batmobile rules!

How come it's released in the UK at the same time as America?

Sin City took farkin' ages to get here from the US...

StardogChampion said:
How come it's released in the UK at the same time as America?

Sin City took farkin' ages to get here from the US...

Some movies just are, like war of the worlds, that will be released at the same time everywhere.

DarkStar said:
Saw this tonight.

sounds like the exact problem I had with the drector Paul Greengrass in Bourne Supremacy. The hand-to-hand fighting and driving was too close and too quick.
well, hopefully my impression of Batman Begins will be better. Oh and maybe because Nolan is British it had something to do with it, but probably not.

Wow, not only the best Batman movie ever, but probably the best comic book movie ever. Absolutely amazing. This is for every Batman fan who has sadly reread his copy of the Dark Knight Returns and wishing they'd make a movie as good as that.

I couldn't agree more about Bourne Supremacy: felt queasy after watching that on a big screen.

jonbob said:
... and Christopher Walken.
Christopher Walken is THE best actor in the entire world. I have seen every movie with him in it. I love the guy to death.

Direwolf said:
Wow, not only the best Batman movie ever, but probably the best comic book movie ever. Absolutely amazing. This is for every Batman fan who has sadly reread his copy of the Dark Knight Returns and wishing they'd make a movie as good as that.

Its a movie based on the comic. Sin City would be crowned best comic book movie.

Thats really splitting hairs. By that take, Sin City is one of the only comic movies, since most are known for making major changes to the source material.

I shook with joy for at least 20 minutes after watching the movie, better than any "runner's high" i can remember, it was absolutely friggin amazing, not only the best comic book movie ever (it's a f*cking comic book movie no matter what anyone says) but one of THE best movies I've seen in a long time, if not ever

MarcoPollo said:
Just saw it, holy shit, That movie is BAD ASSED! Seriously that movie made me want to go punch my mom in the face.

Thats going to be on the dvd advert for it, "That movie is BAD ASSED! Seriously that movie made me want to go punch my mom in the face."

You made me laugh, weldone. As for the film, I'll see it at some point, not overly hungry for it, but Id rather see it at the movies then wait ages for dvd.

Ritz said:
Thats going to be on the dvd advert for it, "That movie is BAD ASSED! Seriously that movie made me want to go punch my mom in the face."

You made me laugh, weldone. As for the film, I'll see it at some point, not overly hungry for it, but Id rather see it at the movies then wait ages for dvd.

Haha, np. I saw it again just now btw. I think I am going to have a bat-gasm.

:dozey: It was a good film, why the hell you guys getting horny off of it? Sheesh. Now, War of the Worlds is something we shou;d cream ourselves over :) .

ailevation said:
:dozey: It was a good film, why the hell you guys getting horny off of it? Sheesh. Now, War of the Worlds is something we shou;d cream ourselves over :) .

Batman will kick all of thier asses at the same time.... Actually WOTW will be pant-cream worthy.

Sounds like i should watch it...

I saw it last night, it was okay but it had a few problems:

-action scenes are horrible, too zoomed in, can barely tell what's going on.
-batman's voice was lame, sounded like he had throat cancer.
-too many gay one-liners, and bad acting, example: "can you at least tell me what it looks like? oh nevermind" referring to the batmobile.
-too much emphasis on "fear", almost bordering on plagiarism of Yoda's anger/fear/hate routine.

Other than that it's still an entertaining movie, much better than the previous ones with Kilmer & Clooney, but that's not saying much :LOL:

ailevation said:
i worry about watching them back to back, i think i would die of a heart attack, and that would be embarassing with the sticky mess all in my pants, i mean, ew :p

Eh, the batman comics are all about fear.

Batman is a scary guy you know. It's what he does, scares the crap outta people.

As for the action sequences, from what I gather it's a ratings thing. By not clearly showing batman kicking the crap outta someone, rather seeing glimpses of the action means the rating can be lower.

At least that's what I've heard.

I didn't notice anything about the action scenes, as far as being "too zoomed in." I have to wonder if some people are sitting a little close to the screen. :D

Direwolf said:
I didn't notice anything about the action scenes, as far as being "too zoomed in." I have to wonder if some people are sitting a little close to the screen. :D

Clever, but no. The fight scenes were horribly filmed.

Raxxman said:
Eh, the batman comics are all about fear.

Batman is a scary guy you know. It's what he does, scares the crap outta people.

I'm just saying it should have been more subtle.

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend, tonight even.

Gunner said:
-batman's voice was lame, sounded like he had throat cancer.

Sounds to me like they went for a voice similar to that of Kevin Conroy, the guy who played Batman in the award-winning animated series. That guy made Bruce Wayne's voice cheerful and upbeat, but once the costume was on, the voice changed, becoming darker and more raspy in tone. Cool effect actually.

operative x said:
Oh and for those who have seen it,
at the end when batman gets the joker card from commissionar Gordon, do you think it will lead to the original batman movie or go it's own path with a joker character?

No way is it leading into the original, if you remember in that one it is Batman himself who accidently drops Jack into the vat of chemicals and turns him into the joker. It's definitely going to create its own path for the character. Besides, it's already been stated that there are plans for two or three more Batman movies.

Best Batman movie ever, and definitely one of the best comic book movies ever (I would see only Sin City was better). It really borrowed from a lot of the comics, such as No Man's Land and Batman Day One, and still managed to be true to each bit. Damn, I want to see it again.

Colonel Sanders said:
No way is it leading into the original, if you remember in that one it is Batman himself who accidently drops Jack into the vat of chemicals and turns him into the joker. It's definitely going to create its own path for the character. Besides, it's already been stated that there are plans for two or three more Batman movies.
I hope the actor that is going to play as joker can live up to the role.

Back