Batman Begins

StardogChampion said:
I actually liked how he revealed his identity, at least is wasn't some sad de-masking thing I was dreading.

It gave me one of those weird "heart moments" when he said the words - a bit like when Neo started to become The One in the Matrix, one of those moments where you just think "awesome".

See I liked how it happened in Batman Returns because he actually had a significant reason to do it. But in BB in seemed useless to the plot.

Watched this at my local cinema last night. Me and my mates all went to Pizza Hut before hand and sort of had the attitude "well it's been out a week now, so it shouldn't be too busy". Ha, man were we wrong!

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie. I'd agree with comments stated above.. the pacing did feel a little off at the start of the movie, but nothing major. Definitely a decent popcorn flick anyway.

After Katie Holmes tasered Cillian Murphy did he just ride off into the sunset or what? I mean I don't remember him being seen again at the end of the movie

craig said:
After Katie Holmes tasered Cillian Murphy did he just ride off into the sunset or what? I mean I don't remember him being seen again at the end of the movie

I thought it was a neat twist that he wasn't the main villian as they were advertising. Just some goon for hire. I like that he wasn't killed because they could bring him back if they wanted to. Imagine him allied with the Joker or Two-Face. Stuff like that give the movies more depth like X-Men and SpiderMan.

I would love them to make a Batman vs Joker movie in exactly the same style and with Christian Bale as Batman, that would be great.

Are there any Batman villains that still have to appear in a Batman movie?

Oh and Batman Begins is one of the best movies i have ever seen...ever.

honestly, i dunno why i didn like the movie. maybe the 10 min preview after the smallville finale ruined all the good parts of the movie. i was blown away by the preview. i dun hate the movie, i didn feel too impressed about it. i like the story though, it was very interesting and opened my eyes really bigger about Gotham City.

Razor said:
Are there any Batman villains that still have to appear in a Batman movie?

The only two major ones that I can think of that still have not been used are Clayface (the Batman version of Venom if you will) and Killer Croc (kinda like Spiderman's Lizard).

A True Canadian said:
I thought it was a neat twist that he wasn't the main villian as they were advertising. Just some goon for hire. I like that he wasn't killed because they could bring him back if they wanted to. Imagine him allied with the Joker or Two-Face. Stuff like that give the movies more depth like X-Men and SpiderMan.

Personally I think that Liam Neeson's character should return, that somehow he jumped out of the train, I know that he actually was killed but still, nice idea.

Skaadi said:
Personally I think that Liam Neeson's character should return, that somehow he jumped out of the train, I know that he actually was killed but still, nice idea.

It is entirely possible because Ra's Al Ghul is like 500 years old due to immortality. He could have survived...maybe.

I just saw Christian Bale when he was 18 in some Disney movie called The News Boys on Channel 5. It was one of those dodgy musicals, but who doesn't like those :p

All the other Batman movies sucked, this one is the only one that isn't packed full of goofy sounds and shitty one-liners.

i enjoyed this movie, the fighting scenes wernt great though... really hard to follow and hectic. I loved the darkness of this film. it was amazing.

oldagerocker said:
i enjoyed this movie, the fighting scenes wernt great though... really hard to follow and hectic. I loved the darkness of this film. it was amazing.

Oh come on, I thought the fight scenes were great, I watched The Making of Batman Begins and they said they were using a relatively new style of fighting called Ninjitsu, and that the moves were really weird. So that may hve been why they were hard to follow.

The only thing that ruined it for me, was the fact that batman was able to single-handedly destroy the ninja-cult that brought the fall of Rome and other such acts? Seems too far fetched, especially at the end when he took on like 5 of them at once, what i THOUGHT he was going to do, and what would have been SO much better, was when the evil guy and the 4 other ninjas jumped down in his way, and then batman jumped over the ledge and the 4 ninjas followed him, batman just grabbed his grappling gun and went right back up top. It would have made him a smarter character in my book. It’s not always what you do, but how you do it, and if he could have gotten past the 4 ninjas without fighting, he should have taken it.

His actions were way too Jet Li, whom i hate, because he's way too damn cocky and basically a show-off, i much prefer Jackie Chan because he doesn't want to fight, and finds the least violent approach to incapacitate the majority of his opposition.

xcellerate said:
His actions were way too Jet Li, whom i hate, because he's way too damn cocky and basically a show-off, i much prefer Jackie Chan because he doesn't want to fight, and finds the least violent approach to incapacitate the majority of his opposition.

We all love Jackie Chan.......

Back