Battlestar Galactica - Final Season

I know! D: I've been holding off getting DVD's to see if they release a boxed set. Of course, it will probably be some ridiculous amount of money.

I've got to say, their DVDs suck ass. Horrible menus, hard to navigate, useless or incomplete bonus features and my copy of season 2 has some episodes that can't be played without crashing the player :(

Yeah, they put no effort into their menus, although Razor had a fantastic menu.

I'm definitely staying out of this thread, I'm only halfway through Season 3. And I'm typing with my eyes closed.

Yeah, they put no effort into their menus, although Razor had a fantastic menu.

Ah, haven't actually gotten that one yet. But I do recall a season 2 menu being re-used for season 3. And the season 2 ones were the crappiest of all.

I'm halfway through Season 3 as well.

I'm sorry, but the clip you have selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip

The most annoying thing about scifi.com ever. I am in the UK sure but I do have Scifi channel, and these clips will show up on youtube anyway

The most annoying thing about scifi.com ever. I am in the UK sure but I do have Scifi channel, and these clips will show up on youtube anyway

Quit pirating our movies and we'll let you see them.

Anyways, does anyone know how to rip DVDs? I've never done it before and I have a few DVD's that I wouldn't mind having on my laptop. :D

Been looking forward to this. Final season, it's going to be awesome, not enough shows do themselves credit and end on their own terms.

Holy frak! They're doing a marathon today (this week?). I might see some episodes I missed.

Quit pirating our movies and we'll let you see them.
We (meaning the British public - not myself particularly) only pirate them because we don't get to see them until 6/7 weeks after you have!

I remember last year they delayed Lost because the UK populace just kept downloading it, and BSkyB basically got a big fat zero for the ratings. To be honest, this whole weeks/months delay for TV and movies is a pile of shit - why can't people just release stuff internationally? I'm sure there must be a reason for it...

Saw this the other day...made me dream of goign back to NYC (never happen)...http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/15/27315.php

Pretty easy to get yourself a free pizza...just gotta call the number...say you want a "frakkin pizza" and answer whatever easy bsg question they have and you walk away with a pizza..money in the bank.

You guys better use spoiler tags or so help me. :angry:

The series was okay at first if you didn't mind suspending your disbelief of their concept of scale. Now it is just getting silly. They treat the Galaxy like it is a playground where everyone coincidentally runs into each other but it still takes months and months of travel to get somewhere.

That was a solid episode :)

It felt like at the end of S3 - with 4 of the final 5 being revealed, All Along the Watchtower jamming, a massive battle brewing - that BSG was shifting into 4th gear and just getting crazy-awesome really fast.

S4 opens with that same, amazing & intense feeling. Then it hit the brakes when Gaius was doing his Jesus thing.

Still a very good ep though. I think Leoben somehow helped her get to and from Earth somehow. There's gotta be some Cylon involvement in there so she could get a brand new Viper, wiped Nav. computer, etc.

That was awesome, it eased us into the final season.

The first 9 minutes was the best that TV can offer. That was some wild shit! The rest of the episode was a little slow but I like the direction its going.

Except for the Centorions going all Skynet they wasted another episode.

They aren't wasted episodes, I like the direction it's going now... every episode is following the other so far unlike how it used to span days and weeks in the other seasons.

They can't sum everything up in a single episode, they're going to make as much use of this last season as they can.

They aren't wasted episodes, I like the direction it's going now... every episode is following the other so far unlike how it used to span days and weeks in the other seasons.

They can't sum everything up in a single episode, they're going to make as much use of this last season as they can.

I know they can't do it all in one episode. But there doing nothing! It's like Lost maxed by 100 times! They are wasting episodes.

This is only the second episode, they've got what... 20(+?) more to go?

Quick question:

Is Gaias Baltar a Cylon? He had that double and started talking about the music.

Quick question:

Is Gaias Baltar a Cylon? He had that double and started talking about the music.

That's like asking how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.
But I think it's been made a point that he isn't. He either has a chip in his brain or he's a very elaborate schizo.

They should just fire the writers, cast, camera crew, and set crew and put the CGI guys on full time making spaceships blow up.

Good episode,
like how they have the cylons turning against eachother now.

Well after watching the first 3 seasons, and now watching this one, I can safely say, Old Battlestar Galactica > New Battlestar Galactica. Honestly, the story was more interesting and entertaining in the old series. Here it's just: OMG the drama, interpersonal drama!, omg philosophical/religious references, omg religious AIs. What a bunch of bollocks:sleep:. The only thing keeping me going is the curiosity of what's going to happen when they finally reach Earth. /rant

Well after watching the first 3 seasons, and now watching this one, I can safely say, Old Battlestar Galactica > New Battlestar Galactica. Honestly, the story was more interesting and entertaining in the old series. Here it's just: OMG the drama, interpersonal drama!, omg philosophical/religious references, omg religious AIs. What a bunch of bollocks:sleep:. The only thing keeping me going is the curiosity of what's going to happen when they finally reach Earth. /rant

QFT. It's no where near as epic as it used to be.

They already did go to Earth. Caprica was Vancouver. They even walked around inside the public library.

Back