Battlestar Galactica - Final Season

SkyOne in the uk will be showing the new episode first on Tuesday.

Arg. I was hoping for something more intense out of this latest episode:

Lee's ascension to the Presidency was obvious from the beginning, but Adama leaving the fleet behind let alone the Galactica in the hands of Tigh is something I didn't see coming. I fully expected Adama to NEVER leave the Galactica until the very end of the series where he might sacrifice himself in some way to save the crew/ship/fleet

Who wants to bet that we'll see Roslin and the captured base ship's side of the story in a flashback - part of which will explain the dead raptor that jumped into the fleet?

As far as I know, we only get 2 more eps before the break (stupid strike) and they had better be good.

Yeah it was a little weird. Can't say I wasn't that fussed to see Rumpole Stiltskin again as he mumbles like a champion. Filler episode.

I got bored watching this so I'm just going to wait for it to come to DVD. :|

Oh Shit.

This final episode of the year moved quickly and handled a lot more issues than I would've expected :eek:

I'm pissed that we have to wait 'till '09 now :(

Episode was awesome.
But then again Season 4 set the standards very low.

Good episode. But they still have A LOT to explain in the last 10 episodes. I'm very curious to see what course will the series take. Now the revelation of the final cylon doesnt seem that important...

The episode felt very rushed, we had material for two episodes, its a pitty there were a few boring episodes and in the most important they were out of time. But fantastic finale nevertheless, as usual top acting, this cast is really great.

Wow, this episode was AMAZING!

Would've been nice to have more hints on what year Earth was in.

Not as epic as my friend was lead to believe, but a good episode nonetheless.

Fantastic ending, I loved it.

Clearly the it was New York and not too long in the future from where we are now by the looks of it. I think perhaps global warming destroyed civilisation and probably with some form of nuclear war too.

It was definitaly a good episode, and yeah the cast is great. Although I am dissapointed. I still would've preffered if they found Earth in the present, not some stupid postapocalyptic version.:dozey:

It would've LOL'd my ass off if they were mistaken for an alien invasion force and blown out of the sky with surface to air missiles.:LOL:

Great episode, going to be quite interesting to see the patch it takes now.

I totally called it that they'd find our planet in ruins.

It would've LOL'd my ass off if they were mistaken for an alien invasion force and blown out of the sky with surface to air missiles.:LOL:
I kept waiting for missiles, or planetary defense lasers, or something to blast them out of the sky.

I just finished watching this so I'm necroposting a bit. Damn those bastards for making us wait until 2009 for the second half of the final season.

Theories on the final Cylon we don't know about?

Season 2 and the first 10 episodes or so of Season 3 were pretty excellent, but the show as a whole suffers from pretty goddamn poor writing. Still, I'm anxious to see the follow through of Season 3.

Damn those bastards for making us wait until 2009 for the second half of the final season.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Stupid Sci-fi channel bosses will all be drowned in Lakes of Blood, Thulsa Doom demands it!!! :frown:

Theories on the final Cylon we don't know about?

The 'Oirish' Lawyer chappie, who speaks too fast, though Pi might be right as well.

I believe they leaked that the last cylon was someone who had been around since the first season.

I don't see what it really matters, honestly. The Cylons have been given pardons now and it's not like the last one would really change a goddamn thing. They've already done the big changes about who the other four were for pure goddamn shock value (like SAUL TIGH WHAT THE ****).

Season 2 and the first 10 episodes or so of Season 3 were pretty excellent, but the show as a whole suffers from pretty goddamn poor writing. Still, I'm anxious to see the follow through of Season 3.

not as bad as Heroes mind you.

The seasons end two parter will make you mad, angry and delightly giggly, its a real mind ****.

And impossible make you wonder why they did it.

Plus a speech Apollo did is bloodly brilliant.

I can almost guarantee that the final Cylon will be Ellen Tigh, she has a recurring appearance throughout the entire series even after Tigh killed her.

I can almost guarantee that the final Cylon will be Ellen Tigh, she has a recurring appearance throughout the entire series even after Tigh killed her.

I sort of agree, I think that we can't ignore the significance of Sol Tigh's visions of her in the face of the Six detained on the Galactica, but it still could just as easily be a simple projection of his guilt. Why does no-one think it's Thrayce? I'm not inclined to believe it's her, but all this destiny shit + the fact that she apparently died and came back to life with a brand new Raptor means that has to be considered as well.

I sort of agree, I think that we can't ignore the significance of Sol Tigh's visions of her in the face of the Six detained on the Galactica, but it still could just as easily be a simple projection of his guilt. Why does no-one think it's Thrayce? I'm not inclined to believe it's her, but all this destiny shit + the fact that she apparently died and came back to life with a brand new Raptor means that has to be considered as well.

I basically have had it in my gut that she's a Cylon, but... I don't know what the writers want to give as an explanation for Kara, I just hope that we're going to get the full rundown as to what exactly happened to her during the time she disappeared before the show ends and Caprica starts.

I think Kara Thrace is too obvious. They wouldn't be making a huge deal out of not knowing who the final one is if it's just her. I'm somewhat inclined to believe it's Ellen.

Why not adama, he and his buddy were captured by the cylons, for all we know he could have been killed
and his cylon clone let out. Also I remember him having visions of his house and wife as vividly as the
cylons imagine their surroundings look like.

Mmmmm so many spoiler tags - should I dare take a peek?

I think not

I still think that the model Six is a younger version of Ellen Tigh, which would explain why Saul is attracted to her. Plus, it would mean that there's room for one extra cylon: Starbuck.

Every colony has it's own cylon, and Starbuck is the one for the Thirteenth tribe.

The whole Starbuck thing was rather strange to say the least.

I've finally moved past the painful Starbuck threesome stuff. I have watched episode 1 and 2 of season 4.

Pretty good. Pretty damn good. That combat scene at the start was shooting jizz all over the computer screen worthy.

but i'm just getting sick of the "Who are the 5 Cylons, where is the cylons who are the cylons."

I preferred the first couple of seasons so much more.

And i don't know if starbuck is a cylon yet. I havent' read your damn spoilers. If she is a cylon that is going to be the most buttraping disappointment of a plot device ever.

Is starbuck a cylon?

Also, Tigh, Adamas second in command is a cylon? That's annoying. He was awesome as cylon hating human.

I was drunk as hell watching the new episode so I don't remember it all that perfectly (just angst, angst, angst) but
how are you guys still saying it's Ellen Tigh when Starbuck found and buried a copy of her body? I mean, sure, maybe the writers are trying to mislead us with some kind of parallel universe type shit but clearly they want us to think that Kara is the final cylon.

Back