Battlestar Galactica - Final Season

Awesome episode. I am so in love with the Roslin and Adama coupling.

Am I the only one that wouldn't have minded if both Adama and Roslyn died? Now that I think about it I don't actually like any of the characters...
I'm only watching out of curiosity to see how they are going to end this show.

How can't you like Baltar? Baltar's the best character in the show imo, but they're under using him this half of the season so far, but he's had some great moments in the past.

Excellent episode, Tyrol wins as usual.
Did he spot something wrong with the ship there at the end or what?

Some kind of hull integrity problem by the looks of things, not surprising considering everything the ship has been through. My guess is Galactica won't be able to safely jump until it is fixed leaving a potential should the fleet leave question if (when?) the non-rebel Cylons arrive.

Ah, I was thinking more it'll get Tyrol to resume his duties, seeing how things are falling apart without him.

loved this past episode...it was pretty revealing. now am i correct....are there 22 episodes in the final season here, and we just saw the 15th? i don't know if they were counting Razor as a 2 hr part or not but I did hear the Series Finale will be 3 hrs long which will be EPIC of course

Great episode from last night. Really excited to see where this is going.

Stockwell steals every fricken scene. Good episode.

It's amazing two star were create from a show called Quantum Leap

One went to the fantastic Battlestar, the other on a 2nd rate star trek show, oh irony.

Last ep was v.good. Season has picked up. I'm waiting for the reveal to be that Starbuck is a transsexual though ;)

Excellent episode. I'd already guessed most of what they revealed from previous hints, but John's scenes with Ellen were awesome.

Last night's felt surprisingly... empty. The hour just pissed by, seemingly with little happening. A lot of fluff, I guess.

Though the Adama/Saul scene was really quite something.
And it's good to have some focus on Gaius again.

Last night's felt surprisingly... empty. The hour just pissed by, seemingly with little happening. A lot of fluff, I guess.

Though the Adama/Saul scene was really quite something.
And it's good to have some focus on Gaius again.

I concur. I almost felt that the Ellen character was a completely different person from the episode previous, with the way she went from rational and articulate to petulant and jealous. Also was it just me, or did it seem that by having the Cylon baby randomly die, they just made that entire story arc completely redundant.

The trailer for the next episode looks like it's getting back on track, my big concern is that with so few episodes left and all this introspection, I can't help but feel that the show is clearly just heading towards the inevitable costly Battle Royale with Cavills Cylon fleet as it's point of conclusion, rather than the survivors finding a safe haven from which to start again. I'd like to believe I'm wrong in this, but they've junked so many characters now, there really doesn't seem much scope left but to junk the rest.

That was a thoroughly useless episode. I never bought into the Saul/Caprica relationship, and it's a shame to see it come to such a worthless conclusion. Ellen was a major disappointment, embodying many of the things she accused Cavil of, in a character turn that made no sense whatsoever. They have handled the renunion of the five so poorly.

I'm okay with the battle royale between Cavil and the fleet - I think it's something we have always been promised, and although predictable, Galactica was always going to go down in one final stand-off.

I never bought into the Saul/Caprica relationship, and it's a shame to see it come to such a worthless conclusion.

Likewise, in fact given she was the one that brought about the destruction of the colonies I can't for the life of me understand how it is that she never ended up getting paced at some point by revenge seeking humans, let alone be allowed to wander around freely.

Was good to see Baltar back to his sleazy old ways again, as well as Inner Six making a comeback.

Yeah poor ep. Not enough plot to fill the episode and what plot there was was mostly poorly implemented at best.

5 eps to go.

Confusing episode.
It's like the writers aren't even on the same page.

Confusing episode.
It's like the writers aren't even on the same page.

I recall reading somewhere it was a different writer than the two usual ones, she's done a couple episodes (also believe they were also weak episodes)

oh and I guess she's doing the writing for caprica or something like that.

last episode was 45 min of slow piano and artsy fartsy scenes up until the last 15 minutes where it's sex and death and betrayal and all the usual stuff.

Anyone else thinking that
Starbuck's dad was Number Seven
?

I have a feeling they're going to end the series with a movie.

Well the finale is gonna be an extra long episode, so kinda. Like 2-3 hours split between 2 or 3 episodes.

Well the finale is gonna be an extra long episode, so kinda. Like 2-3 hours split between 2 or 3 episodes.

That's about right, they added an extra episode, and there the TV movie The Plan too.

this show is amazing, can't believe there is going to be no more episodes. last episode was kinda weak

Yes, more than likely

/nods
I guessed that and the episode ending 'twist' as soon as Kara took her Dad's tape from Helo. Oh and the other one was coming a mile off too.

Their writing is still good, but they're losing some of the shock value with their plot twists imo.

- Loved the piano stuff.
- But I ****ing hate Thrace.
- Still, I kind of like what they did with her in this one.
- Zomg so many 8's so little time.
- Stuff with Chief and Boomer was cool.
- Interested to see next weeks.

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST.

So, wait, are we thinking that

Thrace's father is Daniel, the so far unseen Model #7? Would that make Thrace the first human/cylon birth? And is it possible that being part cylon allowed her to be reborn, as she saw her own body? The final five could certainly have had a Res Ship near Earth since that's where they lived, and died, and were reborn.

Part of me thinks, though, that Baltar might be Daniel. The significance he's played so far, his role with Caprica 6 and how Cavil treated him on New Caprica. Some of the things that he's done so far. There have been stranger things.

Thrace has gotta have some kind of significance, given what the seer said, given that she knew the way to Earth, given that she knew the song. The significance of Hera, the Opera House, and All Along the Watchtower is really starting to come together in an interesting way.

Predictions:
I think Cavil wants to use Hera as a bargaining chip to get the Final Five to rebuild his Resurrection System. I think by the end we'll see old man Adama and Roslin die, and Galactica as well. The Baseship will become the new main ship, and Lee will be president, and with him and possibly Thrace will kind of be the new generation etc. I'm sort of undecided if Thrace or Saul will end up being the new Commander/Admiral.

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST.

So, wait, are we thinking that

Thrace's father is Daniel, the so far unseen Model #7? Would that make Thrace the first human/cylon birth? And is it possible that being part cylon allowed her to be reborn, as she saw her own body? The final five could certainly have had a Res Ship near Earth since that's where they lived, and died, and were reborn.

Part of me thinks, though, that Baltar might be Daniel. The significance he's played so far, his role with Caprica 6 and how Cavil treated him on New Caprica. Some of the things that he's done so far. There have been stranger things.

Thrace has gotta have some kind of significance, given what the seer said, given that she knew the way to Earth, given that she knew the song. The significance of Hera, the Opera House, and All Along the Watchtower is really starting to come together in an interesting way.
If Baltar was Daniel then Ellen or Anders would have realised when they got their memories back. He has to be someone they haven't met if he's going to have played a role.
As for Kara's resurrection I suspect whoever the Inner Cylon faction(s?) really are - be they Lords of Kobol, Cylon God/'Angels' or whatever.
Predictions:
I think Cavil wants to use Hera as a bargaining chip to get the Final Five to rebuild his Resurrection System. I think by the end we'll see old man Adama and Roslin die, and Galactica as well. The Baseship will become the new main ship, and Lee will be president, and with him and possibly Thrace will kind of be the new generation etc. I'm sort of undecided if Thrace or Saul will end up being the new Commander/Admiral.
I agree about Hera. I suspect Roslin will die/be dying around the time of whatever final battle there is and so Bill will choose to go down with the ship. I have a feeling Helo will end up in charge of the fleet's military.

Back