Battlestar Galactica - Final Season

Haha at navigating a spaceship with a compass and a paper map.

Haha at navigating a spaceship with a compass and a paper map.

Wait What? Is that in S04E04? I haven't even seen that episode yet :x

Does the crew get pwned by the magnetic field

Wait What? Is that in S04E04? I haven't even seen that episode yet :x

Does the crew get pwned by the magnetic field

No, from the last episode. It's from Starbuck's separate adventures. She probably codes in binary too.

I have a theory:

What we know:

-The 12 colonies believe in the 12 gods.
-Cylons believe in 1 god.
-Earth is a 13th colony that left the other 12.

Part I:
I propose to you, that the 13th colony believes in the same god that the Cylons do and that they were exiled from the other 12 because of their beliefs. I also wonder if this One True God might be a 13th god that existed with the other 12 but tried to seize power, and was exiled along with his/her followers.

Part II:
After the 1st war, the Cylons started roaming the universe and came across Earth and the 13th colony. The 13th colony allied with the Cylons, vowing to destroy the other 12 colonies. The 13th colony helped the Cylons create the skinjob models (but created them with mission-specific knowledge that excluded Earth) and sent them to infiltrate and destroy the colonies.

But while the Cylons have been chasing what remains of the colonies, they have slowly begun to learn and change. They start to question their mission and begin to long for Earth, not knowing that it is their true home.

Part III
It's starting to feel like parts of the fleet are slowly turning to the One True God instead of the 12 gods. It feels like lines are being drawn in the sand - sides are being chosen for a final religious battle at Earth.

I also believe that the 12th and final Cylon will not be somebody in the fleet, but somebody on Earth.

My mind has just been racing and theorizing about S4 for a while. It's just kind of fun to come up with little theories and see just how far off I am when the end comes.

That sounds entirely plausible.

Latest episode was a bit of a hit and miss for me, this religion thing is starting to drive me nuts.

That sounds entirely plausible.

Latest episode was a bit of a hit and miss for me, this religion thing is starting to drive me nuts.

The fact that they're spending so much time on it leads me to believe that it's going to play a major role in eps to come - hence my theory :)

I have a theory:

What we know:

-The 12 colonies believe in the 12 gods.
-Cylons believe in 1 god.
-Earth is a 13th colony that left the other 12.

Part I:
I propose to you, that the 13th colony believes in the same god that the Cylons do and that they were exiled from the other 12 because of their beliefs. I also wonder if this One True God might be a 13th god that existed with the other 12 but tried to seize power, and was exiled along with his/her followers.

Part II:
After the 1st war, the Cylons started roaming the universe and came across Earth and the 13th colony. The 13th colony allied with the Cylons, vowing to destroy the other 12 colonies. The 13th colony helped the Cylons create the skinjob models (but created them with mission-specific knowledge that excluded Earth) and sent them to infiltrate and destroy the colonies.

But while the Cylons have been chasing what remains of the colonies, they have slowly begun to learn and change. They start to question their mission and begin to long for Earth, not knowing that it is their true home.

Part III
It's starting to feel like parts of the fleet are slowly turning to the One True God instead of the 12 gods. It feels like lines are being drawn in the sand - sides are being chosen for a final religious battle at Earth.

I also believe that the 12th and final Cylon will not be somebody in the fleet, but somebody on Earth.

My mind has just been racing and theorizing about S4 for a while. It's just kind of fun to come up with little theories and see just how far off I am when the end comes.

****ing awesome theory tbh, I wish they would do that.

Personally, I would like to see Galactica find earth, and they both combine forces to make a epic fight against cylons. I think that would be a kick ass ending imo.

Personally, I would like to see Galactica find earth, and they both combine forces to make a epic fight against cylons. I think that would be a kick ass ending imo.

That'd be way too corny. and way too predictable.

I hope they find Earth only find out that the planet is just as shitty as it is today, and so they decide they wasted their time looking for us and end up just letting the Cylons kill them. o_o

It'd be an incredibly shitty way to end the series. :D

Something tells me none of you have seen the original series. if they go for a similar ending like in the 1970s original, then the Earth they will find will in fact be this "shitty" present day Earth we live in now.

Something tells me none of you have seen the original series. if they go for a similar ending like in the 1970s original, then the Earth they will find will in fact be this "shitty" present day Earth we live in now.

Yeah, cause so far they've totally stuck to the original's plot development :p

For all we know, Kara could of been abducted by Aliens, so at the moment we don't know which timeline they end up at

Good point. Which is why it sucks IMO. *goes to watch original series again*

I tried watching the original series, but I just can't get myself to sit still and watch something so old.

I mean, I love old movies... I just can't stand older shows.

I think it would be awesome to see Adama go to Earth, the president of the USA meet with him.

And he's all like "Stfu mr. president, Im admiral adama!"

Since nobody's discussing the latest episode, is it safe to say that nobody really cares anymore?

Anyways, a mutiny aboard Starback's ship was all too predictable... and come on, they're all getting suspicious of a badly damaged Cylon ship(forgot its name) exploding?

Also, I think Tory's making all too obvious when she talks to fellow Cylons that she's taking advantage of being a Cylon and making all too obvious to Chief that she did in fact kill Cally.

I think they will find Earth, but I'm of the opinion it's not going to be a modern day version or any such nonsense. One of the whole aspects of BSG that you kind of have to buy into is the fact that they look, act and talk like modern day people and their social structures (Civil & military) are pretty damn similar to ours. About the only difference is the religious aspect. I think you have to take BSG as allegorical in a lot of instances.

Certainly I agree with a lot of people that the shows gone off the boil a bit. There seems to be a degree of intensity in the episodes but not necessarily consistency at present. I'm hopeful they get back on track sooner rather than later. It's been a good series upto now, it would be a great shame for it to limp away to a poor conclusion.

Last episode was meh, and the previous 4 weren't that good either.

It's beginning to look like we're either going to have a completely rushed ending where they magically appear in the Milky Way and find Earth, or we're going to have one more season. :|

It's beginning to look like we're either going to have a completely rushed ending where they magically appear in the Milky Way and find Earth, or we're going to have one more season. :|

Methinks they've been in the Milky Way since Season 3 finale, no?

This is the last season by all accounts though, I'm almost certain they agreed it as such (correct me if I'm wrong in this respect though). How many episodes are they down for I'm not so sure, however I suspect 20 at most.

I think the problem the show has at present is that the action is kind of fractured between the political stuff on colonial 1, events on Galatica itself, the Cylon infighting and Starbucks command. The connections are there, they just need to come together a little faster.

It might well be that these first few episodes have been deliberately light because they are having to budget for some large scale on location work later in the series. One of the criticisms of Season 3 was to do with the number of human interest episodes that made up the latter half of the season, and Ron.D.Moore was pretty up front about it being down to the fact that the production went way over budget with all of the New Caprica episodes early in the season and they had to balance the books with the later ones. Location shooting costs a hell of a lot more than studio. Just a thought.

Well last nights episode was much better. Just sticking with Kara and her team with occasional flashes back to the dying president. I suspect Felix is buggered through.

Well last nights episode was much better. Just sticking with Kara and her team with occasional flashes back to the dying president. I suspect Felix is buggered through.

Indeed it was a good ep.

A small part of my theory came true. The final 5 are from Earth :D

Did anybody else get a spooky feeling when the hybrid called Kara the "Harbinger of Death" ?

A small part of my theory came true. The final 5 are from Earth :D

Did anybody else get a spooky feeling when the hybrid called Kara the "Harbinger of Death" ?

In Razor, the other Hybrid in the Adama flashbacks said she would be the doom of humanity or something, I guess it's all tying in. Guess they'll be unboxing number 3 as well :D

The hybrid and the other hybrid from Razor the evolutionary dead-end one, both stated that Thrace would bring them to thier end. everything that has hapened before will happen again, again , again, quite spooky.
I believe she will bring them to earth with the help of the model 3 as fortold by the hybrid on the damaged starbase, "the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the thirteenth"

It seems now they have more purpose than ever, cant wait for the ship that hilo and the rest of them are on AND the starbase jump back to the fleet shit will hit the fan, but they must move forward.

Not this episode coming but the next one the final 5th cylon will be reveled

Last nights episode. Wow! Best one I've seen in a while. There wasn't so much of the whiny chit chat from the president, but real business going down.

That was awesome and completely took me by surprise. The desire to know what happens next is intense. :D

So do you think Gata is the last cylon? He started singing all that nonsense and he seemed like the one. either that or its Roslin.

I don't think the final Cylon is anyone we've yet met. I'd say it's someone we will encounter and that they will be self aware already as to their condition. If the 5th was already in the fleet they'd have heard the call already and been drawn out like the others. The only exception would be if it was Kara as she wasn't there, but that would kind of blow tbh.

Linkage to support your statement perhaps? A heads up from Ron.D.Moore on the subject? I'm not disputing what you claim. I just want to see some evidence to support it.

Personally if it turns out to be another of what is now a relatively narrow cast of not Cylons (Kara, the Adamas, Roslin, Helo, Gaius) I'll be more than a little disappointed tbh.

During a Q&A session on the official Sci Fi channel Battlestar Galactica forum Ronald D. Moore notes that he already knows who the last Cylon is, and that he's already left clues as to who it is

Tadaa.

I hope the last cylon isn't Adama, he's just too badass to be a machine

Loved last nights ep, when the hybrid yelled "JUMP!" at the end and the credits rolled shortly after, I was pissed.

Gaeta being the final cylon would be a letdown if you ask me. It just doesn't feel like it would be a big revelation at this point. I can definitely see him being the 5th seeing as he's starting to get attention more now that his leg is gone, he was featured singing a bit like the Hybrid last ep and the fact that he was kind of a bridge between human and cylon on New Caprica.

If you consider the positions of the currently revealed final 5:

-Tigh- Very close to Adama. He is Adama's right hand man that is consulted and depended upon for countless things.
-Assistant to the President- I can't remember her name. Very close to Roslin. She is integral to the President's decisions and has an inside view into the government.
-Tyrol- Deck Chief. He is integral to the operation and maintenance of the Galacticas weapons, engineering and squadrons.
-Anders- This is where the pattern kind of breaks in a way. The other three have very important positions. Anders was simply the resistance leader and now a pilot. Perhaps he is meant to get close to Starbuck, who is obviously playing a very large role in the closing events of this show.

Gaeta could however be a cylon the same reason why Anders may be a cylon - too get close to and keep an eye on somebody important. Anders has been close to Starbuck - Gaeta has been close to Gaius. The more I've written in this post the more I'm becoming convinced that if we already have met the 5th, Gaeta could very well be him/it.

I think the unknown cylon will be a woman, just to keep the male-female ratio for the 12 cylon models closer to one, i.e. 5-7 compared to 4-8.

Gah, I'm like 4 episodes behind on both BSG and Lost! D:

Back