Battlestar Galactica - Final Season

If Baltar was Daniel then Ellen or Anders would have realised when they got their memories back. He has to be someone they haven't met if he's going to have played a role.

Anders has been sort of out of it lately, and has Ellen actually met Baltar?

She met him prior to her resurrection, yeah it's been a while but she'd remember if he was her old 'favourite'. It probably would have been one of the top priority things for Anders to tell the other three as well while he was lucid.

I say we enter a new age, a new age where we dump the spoiler tags for every post. I'm going to go with Kara being the daughter of Daniel, it seems like the most sensible option.

I can't help but feel the shows lost it's way a bit this last season and a half. The spirituality aspect just hasn't worked/been too diluted and too many half baked stories have been introduced and then been killed off. Plus the elimination of pretty much anyone who isn't a Cylon from the cast has robbed the show of any meaning.

I'm definitely going to miss this show.
My friday night tv schedule is dwindling.

I had no idea the finalie would be 2 hours long, it should be awsome!

The show is so crazy shallow, but I still find myself watching until the end.

KaraThrace.jpg

what bothers me a lot is that Kara died 2000 years ago on Earth and came back to life.
and what if everyone on BSG is a Cylon??

also how do i do spoiler tags?? is there a special code for that?? and whats the line?

This show would be a lot better with actual plot shit instead of the amount of pure filler that's piled into it.

My god the last episode (aside from the overboard theatrics of the hanger deck shenanigans) was an actual return to form. Next week is a 2 hour episode yes?

Interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm also curious as to see whether Baltar will come on board at the last minute.

The flashbacks were fairly interesting though, I wish would have done them sooner.

None of them were important or meaningful. Baltar's was interesting, but was still completely unnecessary. We already knew he was a self-centered sod who never does anything that doesn't benefit him personally.

My god the last episode (aside from the overboard theatrics of the hanger deck shenanigans) was an actual return to form. Next week is a 2 hour episode yes?

Interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm also curious as to see whether Baltar will come on board at the last minute.

he will, because you could see it in his eyes he finally wanted to help someone else for a change. The man is over egotistical

We... didn't?

That's just their new colony.

It's the same colony/home world.

They said it themselves that John jumped the colony.

bump for obvious reasons, only 10 or so hrs left!!!

I really hope they can finish the show off with a decent amount of questions answered.
If not there's always "The Plan".

Although, I heard rumors about that being from the Cylon's point of view of the whole ordeal.
Mostly just going to be a sort of epilogue to flesh out things a bit.

anyone watch the Last Frakkkkin special?? I thought it was funny and entertaining

Yeah, it was an enjoyable insight into the show.
The last bits of it were pretty funny, they seem like a really fun bunch to hang out with.

Also Tricia Helfer is a Goddess! she reminds me of Princess Diana but hotter and still alive
Tricia_Helfer0406.jpg

tricia_helfer_1.jpg

miniTricia_Helfer01.jpg
tricia-helfer.jpg

Loooong slooooow ending with lots of violin.

Things that were unexplained, or that I didn't understand:
-So... who or what was God?
-How do monotheism and polytheism with the same named gods shows up again 140000 years later?
-What was the deal with Thrace? Did she die? Why did she kill herself on the gas planet? How did her body and ship get to Earth? Who was her father? Why did she disappear?
-What was the whole point of going after Hera again? To stop the Cylons from getting reproduction tech? Then why offer to give it to them?
-How did evil Cylon dude suddenly turn trustworthy in the last 5 min before he died?
-If Boomer wanted to payback the Old Man, why didn't she do that by not ****ing everyone over in the first place? It's not really repaying a debt, if you caused the problem.
-I will forget about all of the made up physics and astronomy that gets used because they are already a reoccurring theme.
-What was the opera house all about? Was there an opera house somewhere that I missed? Is it an allegory?

Basically the whole plot can be summed up by a big literal Deus Ex Machina. So anything that doesn't make sense is because God just did it that way. It was still pretty cool.

In addition to all those questions, I wanted to know more about Daniel.

Ah well. That was the ending. It was...good.

*Salutes a great show*

It ended well, it gave us epic space battle, a touching ending and enough open ended-ness to make a new battlestar show if there was one needed.

List:

Things I liked:

Old Cylon's Vs New Cylons

The sudden on looking of peace end to the conflict and blowing up in the faces of everyone.

it wasn't a tackle ending.

The ending gave hint to it could happen again

Ron Moore camo at the end.

John's easy quick death.

Things i didn't like/meh:

Ending was slightly too long, the same could be done with 10 mins cut.

Not showing how the crew of galactica were like 20 to 40 years down the line and just jumping to our present.

But overall couldn't have ended any better.

Edit:

If want to laugh at some slight off Predictions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWkg93-Qg8

But they didn't even use the Bob Dylan version of the song. And that was another thing left unexplained. So... All Along the Watchtower, is actually just the coordinates for Earth in a numerical form huh.

You have to give them some artistic license with these things, the theme of the show seems to be 'god' is a looping pattern to human civilization, the song is simply another way of highlighting it, they played the real version of the song at the end when they showed present day earth. Alot of the shows more mysterious aspects have no answer, but thats how religion and faith operate, to give them an answer would make them science, and miss the point.

Back