Battletech: Mobile Infantry Update

A

Azlan

Battletech: Mobile Infantry is based on the hugely popular book and game series of Battletech. Their coder has gotten the battle armor animated and working in-game. They released a couple shots of it today. [br]

[br]To read more about this mod, visit them here.

proper in games shots with a model and weapon. looks good :thumbs:

nice
i would've prefered a quick ingame video though

TwwIX said:
nice
i would've prefered a quick ingame video though

ya, with what the screenies are, doesnt seem like it woulda been hard to do a quick video. Maybe soon we'll get one

I've played a lot of independent games like this, and I haven't enjoyed any of them. I wonder if this one will be any good.

You guys are such fanboys, stop attacking people because they feel a mod will be laggy. Who the hell do you think you are to call my comment baseless? Oh, is it because of the big outdoor maps, or that they're sprinkled with "30 meter high" Mechs, or that pretty much every other mod is initially buggy and laggy? Yeah that's a pretty baseless comment.

Doesn't look like a 30m mech...

I don't think the comment is so much baseless as it is stupid. Large outdoor areas and "30 metre mechs" have nothing to do with lag. And using the meaningless generalisation that most new mods are buggy and laggy is pretty stupid.

Even if the mod doesn't include 30 foot mechs, that concept sounds bad ass to me!

First of all, yes, map structure and models do in fact affect the performance. Second, name one mod that is not laggy.

bigdeezy23 said:
First of all, yes, map structure and models do in fact affect the performance. Second, name one mod that is not laggy.

Name one person on the HL2.net boards you know for sure won't have better specs when the mods near completion and have proper netcode.
Also, DAMN that's a big grass patch. I guess it would be like 1½ metres high. The player character would be damn big as well. Oh, and outdoor areas? WHOA! Didn't see that one coming since, yeah, there barely are any outdoor areas in the HL mods and in HL2 itself.

bigdeezy23 said:

First of all, you're confusing lag with framerate, two entirely different things. Second of all, any good mapper knows how to build large outdoor areas without compromisng framerate. Third of all, a model's scale in no way affects framerate. Fourth of all, saying 'new mods are buggy' to prove your point is about as intelligent as saying "Check that out! The sky is blue!"

No, I know framerate and lag are two different things, but that's why you can't remake Battlefield 1942 into Source... can you imagine playing with so many people? More so than scale, I'm talking about the number of mechs fighting and whatnot. And as for new mods being buggy... uh it's true. I didn't say it couldn't get fixed. But they all have bad netcode.

bigdeezy23 said:
No, I know framerate and lag are two different things, but that's why you can't remake Battlefield 1942 into Source... can you imagine playing with so many people? More so than scale, I'm talking about the number of mechs fighting and whatnot.

Source is capable of such a game (it supports 64 players and the engine can be scaled up for larger levels), i personally though, wouldn't want to (esspecially when Unreal has such far better tools). The problem is constructing the terrain is a lot slower for such large areas than other engines with propper terrain systems like Unreal, Farcry and Battlefield

bigdeezy23 said:
And as for new mods being buggy... uh it's true.

No shit? The sky is also blue.

Seems like this mod will be glitchy as hell.

There will be loads of spawncampers too.

:D

bigdeezy23 said:
they all have bad netcode.

So you're basically saying that Source has bad netcode?

Wow this is going to be interesting.

Elementals aren't 30m, thats not a mech, I think their just power armor. I could be wrong

bigdeezy23 said:
Second, name one mod that is not laggy.

You might as well say "It seems like it will be laggy" for every single mod then. Which would be kind of pointless...

"Pretty much every other mod is <BIG><BIG><BIG><BIG>initially</BIG></BIG></BIG></BIG> buggy and laggy"

You guys can attack me all you want just because I think the game's gonna be laggy. But I mean, hell, even HL2DM was running terribly. It's not like I want the mod to fail. And you disagree -- who gives a shit? I'm fine with that, just let people express their opinions without belittling them.

HL2dm and every hl2 mods I tryed worked fine for me without any lag and I don't have a very good computer .

bigdeezy23 said:
You guys are such fanboys, stop attacking people because they feel a mod will be laggy. Who the hell do you think you are to call my comment baseless? Oh, is it because of the big outdoor maps, or that they're sprinkled with "30 meter high" Mechs, or that pretty much every other mod is initially buggy and laggy? Yeah that's a pretty baseless comment.
It's not an opinion, it's a fact. You're commentary was and still is quite useless, for example your extraordinary remark on the fact that the Source SDK hasn't fully been mastered, reasoning for the FRAMERATE to go down, happens to all mods. Pleanty have been trying to tell you this....but you're mental capacity is pwnd by a walnut. Plenty of mods have low lag/framerate, such as CS:S. The physics are complicated, and there for when utilized on HL2:DM, where physics are simply inexcusable, "Lag" kicks in to gear. Try to retain some commonsense, NEWB!!!1

I dunno how someone can just say something is definately buggy and laggy just by looking at a screen - don't you have to actually play it to decide on those things? Anyways ... I think it looks pretty good - hopefully we'll gets some movies of it's 'lag' and 'bugs' soon lol

I hate you ALL!

is the model just an imported static? it has no shadow and is in the same position

Back