• Yes.

Votes: 70 39.3%
  • No.

Votes: 108 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there will be no benchmark :p

interested to see how the 9800 benches go down 'n stuff

I wonder if my little Gf4 Ti4200 will be able to handle HL2 or will it just give up and explode.

You need the "ToasterTron 4000XLC" to run this game well. Lol, that was the best thread of all time.

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
no i'm just shattering my own hopes before doug lombardi gets to me

My thoughts exactly. I see Lombardi like a cross between the grim reaper and one of the lawyers for the tabacco companies. Basicly a shady mofo.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
My thoughts exactly. I see Lombardi like a cross between the grim reaper and one of the lawyers for the tabacco companies. Basicly a shady mofo.

i bet valve deals with them only out of neccesity

I would like to see it, but they have said it would be going out to press sites, not to the public on the 30th. For the public, they said it would be included on the HL2 cds, and since they are delayed, I don't think we'll see it for awhile.

Dont hold your hopes up guys. Valve has blatantly lied on numerous occasions about release dates etc, so why should this be any different.?
We will not get the benchmark tool for ages yet, probably not until a week before the game is in stores so that they can minimise the amount of hacking that will occur on the benchmark. Valve had my respect up until last Tuesday but no longer..I cannot simply trust anything they say anymore as fact. They just make up any old Bs to keep us happy.

I do not see ANY reason for the benchmark to be delayed...at the time they said the benchmark would be released 30 sept...they already knew halflife2 was going to be delayed, ( i think) so that has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by Morgenes
I would like to see it, but they have said it would be going out to press sites, not to the public on the 30th. For the public, they said it would be included on the HL2 cds, and since they are delayed, I don't think we'll see it for awhile.

Agree... And from what we've seen, don't expect any word from Valve if it's delayed. They simply don't seem to give out this kind of information, so after the 30th we'll know if there is a benchmark or something. Someone from Valve will perhaps make an 'announcement' by mailing his frind's dog's sister's cousin's taxidriver's brother, and he in turn will tell somebody on this forum, if we're lucky, that is. :cheese:

Thats so true...it seems to me to be SO irresponsible that these guys know so much about their game but don't make any effort to OFFICIALLY release ANY info on their own websites about anything...sending an email to a fan website about the delay of the biggest game to ever be released just days before the "allegged" date is truly shameful and irresponsible..like these guys don't know were waiting on every whim to hear anything new about HL2.......IT MAKES ME SOOOOO MAD!!!!!

This day is like totally dead.
Bluesnews isn't updating, no news on the benchmark, and the
Alcatraz announcement doesn't happen until 6pm pst.
The only thing that could rub it in even more, is if this site crashed.
Go ahead, do it, take it off line until tomorrow and make it even worse.

Nope, not out today. Valve has 4 hours before they *have* to release the benchmark to have it out "today" Pasific time ("valve time").

Originally posted by NoGodForMe
This day is like totally dead.
Bluesnews isn't updating, no news on the benchmark, and the
Alcatraz announcement doesn't happen until 6pm pst.
The only thing that could rub it in even more, is if this site crashed.
Go ahead, do it, take it off line until tomorrow and make it even worse.

The site did crash for a while. Around 8 pm or so.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
I had faith.....Lots of faith....Valve is dead to me.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in their lack of respect for us. They know how hypersensative their fans are right now, atleast make an annoucement about HL2 status, the benchmark, ANYTHING for God's sake.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in their lack of respect for us. They know how hypersensative their fans are right now, atleast make an annoucement about HL2 status, the benchmark, ANYTHING for God's sake.
they gave me a poster. :x

im going to eat valves childrens faces, usually faces our children is enough, but when you combine them, it shows you mean business.

Another very nice thing from valve - they can't say even "oh, sorry, but the Benchmark won't come out in Sept. 30., expect release date is XYZ"...

Not even lia to us, but even wont inform us...

Originally posted by [NST]Cifu
Another very nice thing from valve - they can't say even "oh, sorry, but the Benchmark won't come out in Sept. 30., expect release date is XYZ"...

Not even lia to us, but even wont inform us...

Why would they have to? They said it would be released alongside HL2...Do you see HL2 anywhere? :dozey:

why would they release a benchmark with HL2 though....how does that make sence?!? GODDAMN THOSE BASTARDS!

I'm done with Valve. No email response, no Benchmark, no game, no concrete date, nothing. I fed up with those lame trys to heat up the hype. I'm starting to lose interest.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
Why would they have to? They said it would be released alongside HL2...Do you see HL2 anywhere? :dozey:

No. Gabe say, its coming in Sept. 30. right along with the game.
After Doug say, the game are delayed. No word of benchmark - so everyone think, the benchmark coming sept. 30. instead. But no.

After all, the VALVe had one of the worstest type of communication. Ehh... communication? No, they are no communication at all...

Originally posted by FriScho
I'm done with Valve. No email response, no Benchmark, no game, no concrete date, nothing. I fed up with those lame trys to heat up the hype. I'm starting to lose interest.

Me too. :dozey:

They piss us... :flame:

Yup.

i have to admit this secrecy thing was kinda fun and exciting at first, but now its really pissing me off....how the hell do they want us to maintain interest when all they do is friggin' delay vids, benchmarks and the game...don't forget we were promised the last 2-3 vids 2 weeks ago.

Grow up valve, and give out a straight answer.

Originally posted by FriScho

Same here.

Back