Beretta 9000 VTM Release By IchII3D

IchI

Reaction score
I have spent my own personal time making a very long issue of VTM's (Video Training Module's). In the complete issue I will walk you through step by step how to model a Beretta 9000.

I use both visual and audio methods to tutor and created them on my home computer.

Each VTM is compiled into a .rar file (http://www.rarlab.com/) and contains:

Video Tutorial
Image Refrences
Final Production

Refrence (Not Used In Production):

beretta9000.jpg

Finished Work (All done in tutorials and rendered of camera):

Beretta_9000_Final.jpg

Programs Used: 3dsmax6
Recorded: Camtasia Studio 2
Codec: XviD
Compiled: Vegas4

Name: 01_Getting_Ready_For_Modelling
Size: 5,834kb
Download: Link

Name: 02_Modelling_Base_1
Size: 126,620kb

Name: 03_Modelling_Base_2
Size: 125,697kb

Name: 04_Touching_Small_Areas_Up
Size: 54,669kb

Name: 05_Magazine
Size: 44,413kb

Name: 06_Barrel
Size: 123,329kb

Name: 07_Little_Thingys
Size: 143,478kb

Name: 08_Optamisation
Size: 64,701kb

Name: 09_Smooth_Groups
Size: 78,837kb

Special Thanks! too John (Host)

If you have any problems or issues please post them in this thread.

THANKS!

Update: The VTM can now be found here.

I've watched the first and second VTM, and you kinda got me going on modelling again :)

Good VTMs so far, keep em comming!

Should be working now.

I also added link nr 3 for ecchi (or ichii if you like that better :))

I just finished the first 2 vtms, and i learned a hell of a lot, and its very entertaining, good job ichi.

VTM's 3, 4 and 5 are now avalible. I will upload the others tomorrow :p

Great videos bud, big thumbs up!

But just as a note I do believe the VTM phrase is coprywritten by Jason Busby (owner of 3dbuzz.com) Of course your can still use it, just dont sell them with that name :)

awesome tutorials, got me back into modeling as well :)

Cheers for these IchI, they are really great!

Just one thing though, when you were doing one of the VTMs you lost the top toolbar with the rotation and scale buttons on, but you didn't show how you got it back....and i've done the same now lol

Any chance you can tell me how you got it back?

Tis cool :) never thought of modeling guns that way, defo gunna give that a go :) Just gotta try and remeber some of the basics of animation so i can get them transparant materials :p

Murray_H said:
Cheers for these IchI, they are really great!

Just one thing though, when you were doing one of the VTMs you lost the top toolbar with the rotation and scale buttons on, but you didn't show how you got it back....and i've done the same now lol

Any chance you can tell me how you got it back?

Got it sorted

Murray_H said:
Got it sorted

I didn't have a clue what you was talking about anyway :p hehehe sorry. I made the VTMK like 1 month ago :D

nice, i just watched 1-5 now.. was good insight into how one models.. perhaps I may experiment with a little modeling sometime.. Thanks..

good job!

when do you think you'll have the rest of em ready?

Desolator said:
good job!

when do you think you'll have the rest of em ready?

They are all uploaded now. I have changed the links for the others on all the other forums except this one. You can blame Citrus on IRC for that because he complained about me trying to find an admin to change it.

I will get Majestic to sort it when I get home and hopfully he won't complain.

Even tho I dont do modeling I found that very intresting, and its so very well put together.

hmmm, is it worth a sticky ?...yeah ok then :)

wow man, i use a totally different method then you, i always start off with the handle, and i start with a box, nice job

extreamly well done man. Easy to follow, and a cool accent to boot. I still prefer starting with a box... easier for me to get depth done, as well as modify front/back and what not, but your method seems just fine :p

well done!

sometimes its hard for me to understand cuz ya talking quite fast and english isn't my main language, but man, i love your british dialect ^^

woot, stiky...

I used to start wiht boxes too, but then deleting unesesary faces got tedious..

If I win this years acsent padgent award I will cure world hungry and feed the starving people of my home town *Blink* *Blink* *Blink* *Blink* *Blink*

*Giggles*

like a little girl with very large breats

Thanks alot for the VTMs!!! This new method of modeling is very interesting. But I have a suggestion: You should use the option "Ignore backfacing" when you weld and when you do the smoothing groups, this way you woulnd select the faces on the other side of the model. Also, for the optimisation part, when you remove the symmetry edge, could you select the edges and press the remove button instead of target welding all the vertices one by one? At some point also, when you target weld some vertices, Oh yea, especially when you do the magazine at the end of the smothing group VTM and there is a mistake in the model, you could have marquee selected the region and use the weld tool, up the tolerence a bit and press the weld button. Finally, I know you didn't want to do a rendeting VTM but I think it could be nice to see how you do those clay renders with a ground. :) Thanks again for the VTMs ;)

I drew myself a gun now after watching all teh vids and I'm ganna try and model it.. :D
thanks..

Remember to post some of the weapons you make. I would like to see them :D. If thats alright...

i started it like you but then just took it my own way.

Attachments

• beretta 9000.jpg
    beretta 9000.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 437
heh, i can't stand following along with VTMs in modeling... jsut is really screwwy to me.

I'm watching it for techniques and shortcuts. (and IchI's voice, of course ;) )

i found lots of shoutcut help (and random other things)... like "G" toggles grind (no more right-click show grid :p).

maybe a stupid question but how do you make your point of view moving in the perspective view like you did?

(Rotating and so on, all i can get together is dragging the model around with the middle mouse button...)

hold [alt] and the midle mouse button, then just move your mouse arround... (the scroll ball thingy)

try also presing [Crtl]+[Alt] and just [Ctrl] make life so much easier

1) alt+mid mouse then move the mouse around
2) bottom right corner, second icon on the bottom from the right. (circle with 3 vectors)

Well Done IchI!

Hey guys im new to this forum! :smoking:

I have modded games before but i am a newcomer to modding the half life engine and obviously half life source, but im really interested to learn and to join the community so i thought i would try and learn how to model in 3dsMax. And thanks to IchI he's made that possible for me to learn with these well thought out VTMS.

THANKS ALOT ICHI! ;) :angel: ;)

Greaat guide, i've run into one small thing though. When creating the modeling box in the first movie I seem to always get a different shape....I know its something I am doing..but any help welcome (3dmax n00b here)

To be more specific im getting a trapezoid and not as rectangle..

h4vvok said:
To be more specific im getting a trapezoid and not as rectangle..

Hmmm, I don't quite understand what you mean but it could be doing it for certain reasons. First of all make sure your view port says left in the top left hand corner. If it says user that could be the reason why it looks like a strange shape. Also the other proberly could be the fact that your not making a box :p also remember when you are making a box (I should have really made a plane) the box works in 2 ways. First of all you draw out the side of it. Then you drag out the length. So alltogether to make a box it takes 3 mouse clicks.

Hope that can help you.

If not make a screenshot and I will help you out.

Back