Beretta 9000 VTM Release By IchII3D

finally my internet is back! (was down since thursday).. was gonna post this on thursday but it was down..

anyways, thanks ichi, i believe this is my best model ive ever made, and I havent made many before this, so im happy..

pistol01.jpg

tell me what y athink

Its quite nice. The design its self isn't the best in thw rodl but its all about learning. Its nice to see you becoming more independent and your already doing what most modellers should be doing them self. Including my self :p

yeah, my knowledge about how guns work isnt good, so of course, that is reflected in my model..I should take the time ot learn more about guns if I plan to make more gun related ones.. I included the sketch I did first to show what i was working from.. I might experiment modelling a character next maybe o_o

My "finished" 9000:
beretta9000.jpg

IchI I love you <3
Note: no its not smoothed, since I ar lazy.

Just finished watching them all, great work not how i normally model but it seems to come up with a good result if a little high in pollies :). Im going to give your method a try later see what i can come up with. One thing, in the optimisation tutorial you manualy welded all those points in the middle to remove the seam, I find its Alot more effective to select all the middle edges in the front view by just dragging a box around them then doing it twice more to remove extra lines on either side then simply clicking remove (bakspace) then switch to vertices and do the same thing, saves alot of time.

VoiD, althugh your method is way faster.. as we all know, Max is packed with bugs, and sometimes, when you delete vertices like that a bunch of error will com up, like poly's get distorted or just get all f**ked up... (at least with max 5.1)

Fair enough, never had that happen to me but it would not surprise me in the slightest if it did happen.

3dsmax6 along with 3dsmax5 have an anoying bug where you weld 2 polgons together and it crashes. I always hated that one because its always the one which catches me out. It normally happens when I am working very fast.

Hey,
Ichi all I can say is absolutely amazing man. I love how your flow in max is Use the same style of modeling for my vehicles but I really like how you position it on 0 and everything I just finished mine and did some smoothing groups and it's at about 2.2k polygons and Im going to try and do a Walther P99 soon, see if I can get the same effect. That must of taken a while to do all of those videos? well Ill post some renders later for now thanks a lot man. Its definitely a great tutorial!
OldfaQ

plx more VTM's IchI, I hope we can say VTM here.. -g-

wow those were super, i realy lerned a lot.

i have tryed to to test it but i have one problem, hven i place the refrence material on the plane the reselution greatly decrease so i cant se the smal detales.

that diden't seam to happen to u?

does this have anything to do whit my video settings?

that happneed to me also slicer, but i am still using the crappy ref image because like it is, it is just a ref image and i can get the general shape from it still...

-merc

how ironic, i acualy figured it out and now i can help you yhey :D

go to wewport prefrence click configure driver and set background/download texture size as hi as posible.

it works

Try this:

Customize > Preference > Viewports Tab

Then click the Configure Driver button.
choose the highest background texture size and download texture size.
And don't forget to make sure "Match Bitmap as Close as possible" is enabled on both.

Exelent VTM's IchI, I am now your Fan :). You sound like a really nice guy and you explain everything perfectly. (Thumbs up m8)

i couldnt find the highest background texture size and download texture size settings... i was in that menu that dalith told me about, but the only thing i saw taht was close to that was low res textures for background and i turned that off but nothing changed...

-merc

To make a UV-mapping video or not to make a UV-mapping video. That is the question.

ank: you're way is uv mapping is so painful and....gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i jsut want to scream whenever i see it! :p

although you're an ace texturer.

SidewinderX143 said:
ank: you're way is uv mapping is so painful and....gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i jsut want to scream whenever i see it! :p
Painful and...quicker and more accurate than yours! :D Maybe you've just never really tried it. When I make the new video with sound you'll see.

I messed something up in Gmax I cant select which axis to move/rotate/scale something on in the viewports but i used to be able to. Right now i have to select it on a bar at the top of the screen, and i tryed every key on the keyboard to fix it but i probably just broke more :p

Computer5k said:
I messed something up in Gmax I cant select which axis to move/rotate/scale something on in the viewports but i used to be able to. Right now i have to select it on a bar at the top of the screen, and i tryed every key on the keyboard to fix it but i probably just broke more :p

look carfully on your move tool, its made up of 3 colours. Which ever colour you select is the axis you will use. Its the same with the rotate tool. Make sure you have your mouse in the correct place on the screen to move it in a certain direction :p You can tell when you have selected an axis because it lights up on you screen.

lol,
Ichi I almost forgot, the pully back thing on the back of the gun is called te "Hammer" lol
oldfaq

Lets all help Ichi here and give him all the names of every part of a weapon :D Usefull for future weapon modeling VTM's :)

IchI said:
look carfully on your move tool, its made up of 3 colours. Which ever colour you select is the axis you will use. Its the same with the rotate tool. Make sure you have your mouse in the correct place on the screen to move it in a certain direction :p You can tell when you have selected an axis because it lights up on you screen.
I fixed it this morning, accidentaly turned the gizmo off in prefrences :imu:

ankalar said:
To make a UV-mapping video or not to make a UV-mapping video. That is the question.

to make one so that I can learn :)

-merc

Well :smoking:

its not a Barretta and its not even a gun but it is my first ever model in 3dmax, infact its my first model outside of the unreal editoer (sorry is it allowed to say that here :flame: ) and it was made after watchin ure videos Ichi and using your techique

Great work Ichi!

love he padlock and key :)

Oh the Golf cart is still WIP, not got rid of mirror line still need to add details and no smoothing yet ;)

golfcart.jpg

Do you know what audio codec this uses? I don't get any sound when I play them.

Damn Ichi, i love those VTMs, i thought it was hilarious when your card crashed too.

But man, i can NOT get that technique down.... :flame:

Im going to keep trying at it, but i dont know how it will go.

Any tips on your technique?

Very nice hERd, I like your different approch to smoothing in some areas,

After I finish the production of my next Video Tutorial it could be a good idea to delete this thread and make a new one called Community Video Tutorials, Then all I do is get my post edited every time I release a new one. I would call it IchII3D's Video Tutorials but we need to remember it won't and isn't just me trying to help people :p It will save you having 100's of stickys for each Video Tutorial anyway. I will sort it out when the time comes anyway. Proberly just make the post after I release my video tutorial and all the admins needs to do is sticky one thread and then delete another.

Anyway, expect the next Video Tutorial in about 1/2 weeks. If you have already seen the beretta 9000 video tutorial it will not really expand on much. But I missed out some things in the video tutorial which I would like to go back and add. Once that video tutorial is complete I am moving onto characters. Hopfully I will be able to get a skinning and animation video tutorial as well.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

What about beretta 9000, we have already VTM about it...

Back