Best HL enemy of all time?

Whats your favorite HL enemy of all time?

• Tenticle (origonal HL)

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Zombies

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ichtyosaurs (origonal HL)

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Stirders

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Gunships

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Gargantua (origonal HL)

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Combine soldiers

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Voltigore (OpFor)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Antlions

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • other (specify below)

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
Other, Nihilanth. I like fighting bosses 500 feet tall in games.

Edcrab said:
This is yet another reason for the Sven lot to produce a decent Stadium remake in Source- eventually, given enough time, the team might be able to return some of the old favourites to the Half-Life universe, and future "versus" threads would be unecessary...

Anyway, as for my favourite HL enemy, I'd have to say the Garg was the best. I felt far more awed by that gigantic blue badass then I did by the Striders, despite their awesomeness; and this was aided by brilliant cutscene use in a vast array of memorable mods.

The Gargantua was just a rampaging war machine that would've given a Strider quite a challenge- strong and surprisingly fast-moving, its only fear would be the reality-distorting WMD the Strider sports as a secondary weapon, as I doubt the primary gun or its pointed legs could penetrate a Garg's armour. If it got up close, a Gargantua could rend a Strider limb from limb.

Gah, I've managed to turn towards a "versus" mentality, damnation...

Yeah, stadium sure was a fun map. Only reason is still like the strider better than the garg was because the strider was done in source. Lets now pray for a decent Garg remake. :angel:

Yeah the pit worm was awesome. He was like the tenticle but a lot cooler.

I played OpFor a while ago and i dont seem to remember the pit worm. Was he that gigantic crazy boss guy at the end? could u post some screens?

You forgot about the entire X-Race aliens and the original Grunts. I can still hear them saying:

"SQUAD, KILL FREEMAN!" :sniper:

oooo i remember the pitworm now, the thing with the big eye, yeah that thing was sick, someones gotta redo him.

well i do have the voltigore from the race X aliens up there

Back