Best HL weapon of all time?

What's your favorite HL weapon of all time?

• Grav gun

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • magnum

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • shotgun

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • combine rifle

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • rpg

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • crossbow

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • guass gun (hl1)

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • gloun gun (hl1)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • hive rifle (hl1)

• other (specify below)

• Total voters

Phat-t

Reaction score
What's your favorite HL weapon of all time? Vote for yours in the poll. If it isnt up there vote for other and post which is your favorite.

What poll? (edit: oh, there it is)

Oh, and the gravity gun definitely. Second would be the pulse rifle.

I myself prefers the magnum really. The gravity gun is awesome indeed, but still...

dont you guys remember the gauss gun anymore, it was a great weapon and it looked good too.....man, those were the times. :afro:

i never really liked the gauss. it was good, but it annoyed me

I liked it. But the crowbar was always my favorite.

ps, Mad-Larkin, Gaunt's Ghosts kick ass, eh?

Gloun gun all the way! I remember those nice hl1 deathmaches, when after rocket launcer shot, my secondary weapon was gloun. I used to call it also "vacuum cleaner". No chance to survive after rocket+GluonVacuumCleaner.

It was obvious the outcome was gonna be the Grav-Gun. The other's are just weapons - the grav gun is da bomb....well, da bomb is a weapon too I guess but er.....

Good Poll btw

Gauss Gun or Grav Gun. I love when some nub chucks something at me and I just catch it and throw it back and he dies.

I wanted the OICW to make it. That gun was f**k ugly but it kicked ass.

Good ole crowbar is still my favorite. Nothing else even comes close.

My top 3 are probably

1.Grav gun (fun with physics)
2.Magnum (good in almost any situation, one of the most satisfying fps weapons of all time)
3.combine irifle (freaking coolest assault rifle ever! bouncy-balls of death are the greatest)

honorable mentions:
shotgun (my most used weapon in the game)
crossbow (pin people to walls, ricohet effect at certain angles)
snarks (you can't not love snarks)
spore gun from OpFor (dont remember it that much, just remember that it was origonal and fun)

you should have a made a poll with out grav gun because the majority is obviously gonna choose grav gun. I chose magnum!!

1. Gauss Gun
2. Crowbar
3. Manipulator

Grav gun for me... just love the throwing stuff in every direction..

i know im gunna get flamed for this, but why does every1 like the crossbar so much? its not nethin special, it just swings and hits things over and over. I think it wulda been better if it had a secondary fire where you warm up with it and do a more powerful swing that could decapitate zombies and stuff.

Gauss gun for me, good memories of bouncing around in HLDM being thoroughly abusive with the long jump + gauss gun combo. If you knew how to aim it pwned any gluon gun users.

Gravity gun is more of a novelty to me, it just doesn't seem as fun as the gauss gun was back in HL1.

how can you not love the gloun gun? it was intense, the look, the feel, the smell.

Grav gun rocks, but the Gloun gun is totally underrated.

The gib factor from that thing was awsome.

guass gun (hl1)/grav gun/combine 2nd fire/rpg/xbow

SearanoX said:
I'll agree to that. The Barnacle wasn't very useful, but it was a damn lot of fun to mess around with.
it is useful in sven coop! you can pull your self up to your allies instead of climbing the boxes your self! it is the lazy mans way out!

Shotgun for being badass, grav gun for being innovative.

Back