Best pic ive seen

nimh

Reaction score
i think id like to see gordon in reflections.
how many years till ingame graphics are like this?

Barnacle%20Grab.jpg

You won't see Gordon, and HTML is disabled..

hmmm ... wtf? dude ... that is concept art ... not a 3d render

Nice, haven't see that one. Go Freeman, use that crowbar and show that thing who the boss is (and while you're at it, could you kinda hurry up and finish you're story, me and the guys here are restless for your game, you know).

OMG SPOILER!!! BARNACLE IN DA CEILING!!! hell no.
That's pretty tight, but why would you like them to look cartoonish?

It worked for Zelda, but I really doubt the cartoonish look would work for HL2. It's gritty and depressing, not colourfull and uplifting.

i know its concept art, thats why im asking how many years until games look this good.
i know we wont see him, they did it for immersion, but gordon is a cool cat, hes no bearded space trucker bikie. i want to see him in hl3

Whoa where did that picture come from? I haven't seen it, very nice.

iamaelephant said:
Whoa where did that picture come from? I haven't seen it, very nice.

It's a PC Gamer scan.
Oddly enough, it's the one I scanned, and gave to MrChimp. I feel special, as it looks like it's been circulating the net :)

I don't see the eerily pulsating sack???
Gimme my sack VALVe!!

I hope Barnacles have a bit of motion in them now.

I WANT TENTACLE ACTION

Hey, that is indeed one of the nicest pics i've seen.
thx for sharing

Rafa 5.0 said:
OMG SPOILER!!! BARNACLE IN DA CEILING!!! hell no.
That's pretty tight, but why would you like them to look cartoonish?

We knew about the barnacle a long time ago. You dident? :rolleyes:

image a barnacle that could twist its slimy tongue to catch objects that arnt even near it, that would be pretty cool, although pretty deadly, i wonder if they ai is smart enough to avoid barnacles this time, on that point maybe barnacles could be sneaky and only release thier tongue when your directly below them

Shuzer said:
It's concept art.

Well, actually it has been spruced up. I read somewhere that it's more organic and creepy.

How can anyone see the picture though? I copy and pasted the link into the browser, but no luck.

It's a concept art done by valve's own artist(s).

The re-designed HEV is there, the flashlight is on Gordon right arm there and the new barnacle model I pressume would look very much like that so it's pretty neato!

i love that pic. i want the barnicles to make a re-turn to hl2 that would be sooo sweet

I keep hearing my name called from within this room.
Will barnacles "attack" you? actually try to grab you with a tentacle. That would be cool.

lans said:
It's a concept art done by valve's own artist(s).

The re-designed HEV is there, the flashlight is on Gordon right arm there and the new barnacle model I pressume would look very much like that so it's pretty neato!
I don't quite see the flashlight there... It looks alot like the left arm to me

btw
your/my right or his right?

nimh said:
i know its concept art, thats why im asking how many years until games look this good.
i know we wont see him, they did it for immersion, but gordon is a cool cat, hes no bearded space trucker bikie. i want to see him in hl3

Have you seen the Unreal 3.0 renders?

That pic would make some cool box art, IMHO. Maybe as a CE or something.

Back