Best Vocalist in a band today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublidieminal

Reaction score
I'd have to say lead singer of mars volta, but damn that dude from avenged sevenfold can F&#kin sing.. but thats a whole other spectrum

maynard james keenan from tool and a perfect circle (and tapeworm ;( )

I love Maynard James Keenan, but Chino Moreno (Deftones) or PJ Harvey are brilliant as well. Very haunting. :)

Chris Cornell, maybe not as good as he was, but still better than all the crap today.

Singers who've already been mentioned - Cedric (Mars Volta), Chino (Deftones), Maynard (Tool, APC), Chris (Soundgarden, Audioslave)

Also - Matthew Bellamy (Muse), Brandon Boyd (Incubus), Serg Tankian (System Of A Down), Tom Yhorke (Radiohead).

Post more when I think of them... sorry about any spelling mistakes, they all have CRAPPY NAMES.

Eddie Vedder. Maybe not the best, but he's one of my favourites.

Oh yeah, and James LaBrie of Dream Theater.

Bad^Hat said:
Singers who've already been mentioned - Cedric (Mars Volta), Chino (Deftones), Maynard (Tool, APC), Chris (Soundgarden, Audioslave)

Also - Matthew Bellamy (Muse), Brandon Boyd (Incubus), Serg Tankian (System Of A Down), Tom Yhorke (Radiohead).

Post more when I think of them... sorry about any spelling mistakes, they all have CRAPPY NAMES.
Are you living inside of me? Because when I read that I was about to say:

Bad^Hat said:

Cedric and Matt B are amazing, yeah. Beth Gibbons is probably my favorite singer ever. Check out "Out of Season". So haunting and beautiful.

Two of the most unique voices in Metal would have to be Rob Zombie, or Ozzy Osborne. Both are quite unique and unmatched.

I know Ozzy is not coming up with new material, but Zombie may still come out with a new album some time down the road.

As for today, I'm not sure who currently has the best voice in a band toady (other than those that have already been mentioned). I would say that Amy Lee from Evanesence is the most fresh of the vocalists out there. Other then that, I don't think I could choose.

I love Maynard James Keenan, but Chino Moreno (Deftones) or PJ Harvey are brilliant as well. Very haunting.

yepp.. Chino is awesome..
but i kinda like Trent Reznor as well..

Maynard James Keenan and Chris Cornell. I like Thom Yorke, but on the more recent Radiohead albums he pronounces consonants even less than before. His voice fits really well with the music, though, and I love Radiohead.

Mathew Bellamy- Muse
Tom Chapling- Keane
Justin Hawkins- The Darkness

Bad^Hat said:
If you ever hear him live, you'll take back those words double time! :D

Anyway I'd say frontsingers of muse, opeth and uhm... dunno something cool :D

Dave Mustaine
Jonathan Davies
Howard Jones
Jesse Leach
Robert Flynn
Maynard James

Rawk.

Serg Tankian
Serg Tankian
Serg Tankian

HE IS SO AWESOME

-merc

Nostradamus said:
If you ever hear him live, you'll take back those words double time! :D

Anyway I'd say frontsingers of muse, opeth and uhm... dunno something cool :D

I have the live CD ^_^

Oh yeah, no one mentioned Robert Plant.

i dare you to find a better female lead than the chick from evanescence.

wayne white said:
i dare you to find a better female lead than the chick from evanescence.

Amy Lee is just a wannabee Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil (who, funnily enough, is better :p ).

Kristafon said:
Justin Hawkins- The Darkness

Meaning no disrespect to your opinions....

YUCK!..that guy blows!

Amy Lee (Evanescence) is the person that comes to mind. =)

But then, she's already been mentioned.

Thom Yorke from Radiohead

EDIT: Blackfable said it first :(

Richard Patrick from Filter, I like how he can do a calm song like "Take a Picture" to something a bit more hard like "Hey Man Nice Shot", also he doesn't pull a Zeppelin by not sounding anything like the records, you get the same performance on stage as you do from the CD which is nice.

Darkness guy and Amy Lee are both pretty talented, but I feel like they could really apply their talent better :p

Kurt Cobain has a pretty unique voice.

Oh yeah, the guy from Breaking Benjamin. I'm not really keen on the band but he has a gnarly voice.

Corey Taylor from Slipknot, everyone knows this :D

Chester bennington, Jonathan Davis, (korn)
and Howard Jones ( killswitch engage)

Bad^Hat said:
Darkness guy and Amy Lee are both pretty talented, but I feel like they could really apply their talent better :p

Kurt Cobain has a pretty unique voice.

Darkness guy doesnt have much talent... very decieving head voice.. it's easily done. I'd say hes mediocre.

I just remembered, Mike Patton from Faith No More has an incredibly diverse voice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back