Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Fast Zombie

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • Poison Zombie

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Zombine

Votes: 66 50.8%

• Total voters
Fast zombies, because they are the scariest of the lot IMO. I haven't played Epi 1 yet though, so I haven't seen a zombine yet. I just bought HL2 like a couple weeks ago, I've played HL1, and the Fast Zombies scared the crap out of me. One time I saw them coming from the rooftops and I closed the door, thinking they couldn't come in. I was playing at night, in my cold basement with the sound up. Anyways, I didn't realize there was a glass window as the ceiling, and all of a sudden I hear *CRASH* and then the fast zombie is making its creepy noises and attacking me. I will forever remember the fast zombie as one of the scariest game characters for that. :(

poison zombies. they make cool noises and they throw poison crabs at you. lol... they have crabs

this friggin' zombie scared me a lot thru the ravenholm,hehehe....hey have crabs:thumbs:

Fast Zombie... The most awesome thing about them, is when they leap up from a building in the distance... there was one time (in ravenholm) where it leaped up over abuilding and the moon was right behind it... If i weren't playing the X-box version, I'd of taken a screen shot... *sigh*

Zombine by far. I love their movements and how they don't quite know what a grenade is.

Nice... but, unfortunately... I haven't met ANY zombines... Im only in Nova Prospekt. Where do you meet them???

Nice... but, unfortunately... I haven't met ANY zombines... Im only in Nova Prospekt. Where do you meet them???
Half-way through Episode One :p

Zombines are my personal fave, though they're actually not the best "blow up in your face" enemy that gaming has given to us. That accolade goes to those campy Protocol droids in System Shock 2: "How may I help you sir?" BOOM!

Though beyond the concept, Zombines are executed a lot better of course. 7 years of game development does that :p

Yep, cause im voting Zombine too, awsome new enemy there Valve ;)

Do we even get to see Poison Zombie vs Combine at any stage?

I can remember matchups of all the other types and I do remember poison zombie vs antlions.

Actually it was classic zombie vs antlions and antlions won because there was loads of them but the zombie put up a good fight and killed quite a few. I chose classic zombie because I love their screaming when you set them on fire, the other zombies are boring when on fire and the fast zombie doesn't even notice it's on fire

Classic Zombie. They're fun to look at and kill, they can toss things at you that aren't headcrabs, plus, they can actually get blown in half AND STILL KEEP COMING!!! xD That wins the top marks in my book!

(P.S - Didn't buy Episode 1 [costs a bomb when converted to local currency] so I can't vouch for the Zombine.)

Zombine, just looks so damn good, the noises are good too. And the movement. And the grenades.

Fasties are good, very satisfying when you get a good head(crab)shot with a shotgun on them (single shot as they run at you, I find it hard to hit the headcrab).

Half-way through Episode One :p

Zombines are my personal fave, though they're actually not the best "blow up in your face" enemy that gaming has given to us. That accolade goes to those campy Protocol droids in System Shock 2: "How may I help you sir?" BOOM!

Though beyond the concept, Zombines are executed a lot better of course. 7 years of game development does that :p

"half way through episode one"... Well, that sucks, unless they make EP1 for X-Box, i'm pretty much screwed!

ZOMBINE is the best, when he pulls up the grenade, he make you run like the sh...t... "hes got a grenade, ruun", btw, a fast zombine in the future would kick ass

You can always shoot the grenade out of their hand, Crimo.

Strider zombie!

striderzombienl6.png

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, MAN?! We'll NEVER stop that thing, Jesus Christ!

Negative. Maybe if he'd put a headcrab on top of the strider, but he put a gonarch on it. A gonarch/strider hybrid, without any soft fleshy bits to blast. He's made the invincible monster.

Maybe a strider buster could work...

Negative. Maybe if he'd put a headcrab on top of the strider, but he put a gonarch on it. A gonarch/strider hybrid, without any soft fleshy bits to blast. He's made the invincible monster.

Maybe a strider buster could work...

Yeah, probably the strider buster would still work.

I'm waiting for Valve to give me monies for my work. Quite tempted to give drawing it a proper bash.

I know! But assuming the gonarch would pass on its traits to the strider, it wouldn't work.

At this point, I'm just gonna say DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.
[Bender]DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED![/Bender]

Zombine, I will never forget the first time I saw one and he pulls out the gernade and blows himself up with no real damage to myself.

Back