Bill Gates To Be Knighted By Queen Elizabeth!!!

Maskirovka said:
I'd use linux if i could play all my favorite games on it...

My point exactly.

Maskirovka said:
and for the record...bill can't use the "sir" title because he's not a british citizen.

He is a High Commander anyway...

you almost got it, except linux DOMINATES windows. the only reason people dont use it is poor GL support, and even if it raped GL people stillw ouldent use it because they wouldent know how to install programs.

not that i dont think bill shouldent be knighed. *bows down to high commander of the british empire*

erm, it's not like he's being made into royalty and will someday be king of england or anything. you'll find that it's mostly actors and musicians who get knighted, or at least their knighthoods get publicised a lot more. it's just a reward for good deeds and such. no doubt the queen has been enjoying here lazy sunday afternoon solataire sessions and has recently embarked on numerous minesweeping expeditions with her corgies, so she probably feels appreciative towards mr gates. however, i think the protocol is to call him Sir William whenever he's in britain or something.

i can see it in a few years time, queen/king (depends if she pops it you know) decides to endow Bill with the title of 'Lord', so Lord William Gates...which is what he's always wanted us to call him, right?

Kindof like God being sorry about the dark ages, and giving us Angelina Jolie.

Angelina Jolie is the hottest, sexiest thing to ever walk this earth.

Dedalus said:
erm, it's not like he's being made into royalty and will someday be king of england or anything. you'll find that it's mostly actors and musicians who get knighted, or at least their knighthoods get publicised a lot more. it's just a reward for good deeds and such. no doubt the queen has been enjoying here lazy sunday afternoon solataire sessions and has recently embarked on numerous minesweeping expeditions with her corgies, so she probably feels appreciative towards mr gates. however, i think the protocol is to call him Sir William whenever he's in britain or something.

i can see it in a few years time, queen/king (depends if she pops it you know) decides to endow Bill with the title of 'Lord', so Lord William Gates...which is what he's always wanted us to call him, right?
He doesn't get the "sir" title, you have to be a british citizen to be called "sir"

So he gets to put KBE after his name. (which stands for honorary Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)

gotcha, didn't know about the KBE title.

but i still think he secretly wants us to call him Lord...

Back