Binks, Gold, Preload, BINGO!

M

I predict thats the order of happenings in the next few weeks.

Rest of the E3 2004 binks (jetski, Eli's lab, Reverend with the shotgun... is that everything?

Then it should go gold late in the coming week.

Then we get to preload the rest of the game, and before the hackers workout how to play it without paying. BLAM!

It's here.

The 2nd coming.

I like the way you think, im a supporter, but im thinkin that will be in a 1 month span

I agree...the question just is how long those events will take. I'm hoping Gold this week, but not expecting it.

I hope the Eli lab bink has some extra footage similier to the Ravenholm bink, i'd love to see what happens after alyx goes "daaaaaad"

Probably an embarassing silence =)

moderator said:
I hope the Eli lab bink has some extra footage similier to the Ravenholm bink, i'd love to see what happens after alyx goes "daaaaaad"

Anything after "Daaad" would be called a "Spoooiiiler"

After the DAAADDDDDD Eli gets captured by the combine LOL :naughty:

razorblade kiss said:
Anything after "Daaad" would be called a "Spoooiiiler"

how did you get your avatar to play at that fps? i can only get it, well considerably slower than that

moderator said:
Rest of the E3 2004 binks (jetski, Eli's lab, Reverend with the shotgun... is that everything?

Uhh, well, there's the two Strider videos, the last Gman video ("Right man in the wrong place..."), the buggy video that ends with Gordon beating the crap out of the combine in that one house with the tireswing outside. The buggy video where the guy uses the manipulator to get the buggy out of a sticky situation, the buggy video with the antlions and crane..

That six, along with the three you mentioned.. I'm probably forgetting one though..

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

moderator said:

Which movie clip has Alyx going "daaaaaaaaaad"? In the one I have she doesn't even show up. Please link me if you can

you got the order mixed up, its Gold Anouncement, Binks, Finished Pre-loads, Release. The gold announcement will stir hype, then Binks for added publicity.

Half-Life 2 TV Spot: (like 30 seconds)

Gman: "Rise and Shine, Mr. Freeman"
(fades to something else, like scenery)
Then the Gman repeats, "Rise and Shine"
(Lots of fighting scenes blended together, and a couple more scenery shots)
Lambda logo comes up, and it says:

Half-Life 2
It's Here

Man, I'm gonna put together my own TV spot! *opens Adobe Premiere"

moderator said:
Ooh no, it needs to come out before GTA:SA

that's what I'm talkin about!! I'm looking forward to gta:sa just as much as hl2, waaaaaahhhooooooo:)

Yayzorz! Wouldnt that be gay if they released on September 31st? Hahaha the whole community would be PISSED! Im really pullin for mid sept. release. That would be killer.

I think that the release could be even closer then we think, possibly early sept... but then again that could just be my hopes and dreams acting up again. DOWN BOY!

Black-Falcon said:
Yayzorz! Wouldnt that be gay if they released on September 31st? Hahaha the whole community would be PISSED! Im really pullin for mid sept. release. That would be killer.

Seriously. September. 30 days. :sleep:

A the moment, I'm saying early October at the earliest.

However, I give Valve and Vivendi a week to convince me wrong. For a worldwide release, it's gonna take at least 2 or 3 weeks to manufacture and ship everything out. If they make the gold announcement within the next week, there's a chance it's coming out in the last week of September. However, once a week has gone by from this point, and no news from either companies, I'll be convinced that Half-Life 2 is coming out in october at the earliest.

Black-Falcon said:

Quite frankly, I know a lot of people would be happy, rather than pissed, if the game came out in September (even on the 31st). If you love GTA: SA so much why don't you just go and pester some other board?

Black-Falcon said:

/me blatantly steals someone else's joke:

It would be pretty hard, even for Valve, to release on a day that doesn't exist...

KagePrototype said:
For a worldwide release, it's gonna take at least 2 or 3 weeks to manufacture and ship everything out.
The initial shipment will be to the U.S. and Canada only which can be done in as little as 10 days from the gold announcement (and possibly a little less if the publisher is really pushing it). Steam will fulfill the promise of a world wide release to the rest of the world. I believe Valve has said this a few times at least.

Well Valve and Vivendi are from arse if they will keep and keep those HL2 boxes out of Europe and give those like 1-2 months later to here, I wont even look at Buy option on Steam.

Mountain Man said:
The initial shipment will be to the U.S. and Canada only which can be done in as little as 10 days from the gold announcement (and possibly a little less if the publisher is really pushing it). Steam will fulfill the promise of a world wide release to the rest of the world. I believe Valve has said this a few times at least.

Hmm, I was led to beleive Vivendi wanted a worldwide retail release at the same time, so Steam doesn't get the upper hand over the publisher.

KagePrototype said:
Hmm, I was led to beleive Vivendi wanted a worldwide retail release at the same time, so Steam doesn't get the upper hand over the publisher.

If that is true, Yoy will be my Hero! :E

MrBongo said:
Quite frankly, I know a lot of people would be happy, rather than pissed, if the game came out in September (even on the 31st). If you love GTA: SA so much why don't you just go and pester some other board?
RoguePsi said:
Seriously. September. 30 days. :sleep:
How many times?

Back