Bioshock comes to Steam!

I thought the purpose of Steam was cutting out the middleman? Or is Valve now just getting the money the publishers used to get? Or are publishers still getting part of the cut, just less as Valve takes a portion?

So really, apart from a new delivery system, nothing has really changed for the end user.

ADDED: PRELOAD FINISHED, ROCK ON 21ST (22nd for us in Australia due to time difference)

Isn't it being released Aug 21st? It's not a midnight release? Why does it say playable in 18 hours? It should be about 3 hours here in NY.

Isn't it being released Aug 21st? It's not a midnight release? Why does it say playable in 18 hours? It should be about 3 hours here in NY.

At least you guys get it today. We UK steam users have to wait 3 more days for some reason.... Pah.

is there a steam community page on bioshock and a chatroom thing?

Yes there is, it's obvious to guess the URL for it (bioshocked or something). Although there is a release party in the HL2.net community chat room tonight anyway.

Decrypting As I Typeohmygodthisistooawesome

edit: Gonna go a little insane with happiness. Excuse me for a few HOURS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Same here.

I actually made it back from running errands in time to update my video card drivers, defrag my games partition, and load steam in time to get the last 60 seconds of the BioShock countdown. Then I had to wait another 24 minutes for it to decide to start decrypting.

soon...sooon...

How are steam enforcing this 24th date? Is it to do with where the account is registered? If I was in the states tonight although I am registered in the UK would I be able to run the game, and what about the reverse situation? (Not that I think there is any way around this, I'm gonna have to wait like everyone else)

Back