blaarrghh i cant decide between psp and ds

gh0st

Reaction score
i realize i have some time for this, but with the ds coming out within the next few months i will name the pros as i see it

ds- innovative design, interesting online functions via wireless router, mario 64 which nearly causes me to orgasm, nintendo franchises such as my beloved mario kart, metroid..

psp- more powerful, better looking graphics. more mature? coded arms, MGS.

really help me out here. if i have to end up buying both im going to be mad. oh, and no stupid fanboyism please.

I'm a little hesitant until I can see how the battery life on these suckers (especially the PSP) is in the real world.

Direwolf said:
I'm a little hesitant until I can see how the battery life on these suckers (especially the PSP) is in the real world.

Nintendo's new DS handheld will have between six and 10 hours of battery life on a full charge, Nintendo marketing boss Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed in a teleconference this morning.
not sure about psp. if its true, 6-10 hours is quite good, given it uses li-on and can be recharged at will.

dont you have to wear a battery pack on your arm for psp? and no mp3 function with psp

PSP is gonna have Metal Gear Solid

Enough to make me buy one.

I'm probably gonna go for a DS because i tend to drop expensive things :p Nintendo has proven that they make durable products that you have to almost try to break. I'm not saying that he PSP will break easy, but im gonna go with nintendo on this one.

DS, will probably have Better games, Better Battery life, Much better price

I would rather wipe my ass than play a MGS card game

gh0st said:
not sure about psp. if its true, 6-10 hours is quite good, given it uses li-on and can be recharged at will.
The problem is that the "claimed" battery life is often much, much, longer than the actual life.

Get the DS, the PSP is an overpriced advanced gameboy with unneccesary features and a very fast dieing battery time. I'm not getting either one, but the PSP is too overpriced and the DS just seems like a better system.

well I dont know too much about them but from wht you say about the DS,it looks better

and good idea of no stupid fanboys cuz sure PCfanboys will say "get a laptop cuz it ownz"

i dont know what you guys are talking about with this mgs card game:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/664/664947/img_2346043.html

the psp's battery life hasnt been confirmed, its been some nintendo employees talking about it.

and no.. why the hell would you need a battery pack on your arm lol

i will probably end up buying the ds, or both, but there are already several titles i really want for ds: mario 64, mariokart, MPH, advance wars, goldeneye, zelda (havent played it for years), and NFS:U.

compared to coded arms, mgs, and gt4. all i see is a bunch of titles in a language i cant understand ;)

Sony SP is the way.

Smaller, more mature, better functions, cooler look.

nw909 said:
DS has pictochat and Goldeneye.

GOLDENEYE!
i know, it brings tears of joy to my eyes. actually yeah, that seals the deal, ds it is.

DS. It has pictochat and quite a few innovative games. If I wanted a PSP, I might as well just load up my PS2.

get the PSP if you want better games and better graphics.

get the DS if you want little 8 year old games

KidRock said:

Yay! I get to hand out my ignorance award for the week. :D

KidRock said:

The kiddie game argument is just stupid

KidRock said:

ahahahahahahahahaha ;)

tell me another.

Well, I know im going for the psp because of all the really nice games they are porting over. Also you can watch movies on it and Im sure you can do mp3s and pictures

DS will be out first and will therefor most likely have more support from developers.

There are even rumors that the PSP won't even be out in the US until November 2005.

The PsP wont be out until 2005 im sure. But i dont care, ill still buy it before I buy a DS

Game Gear had better graphics than Gameboy, and which one dominated the handheld market?

Nintendo DS all the way! \o/

I'm a nintendo whore, and goldeneye, mario 64, pictochat and wario wares look effing awesome! :D

Wario ware's gonna take me in for ages :p

Meh.

I'll get a PSP when the initial price drop hits.

Well Im probably getting a psp due to the fact that I dont like nintendo games that much. The best games tend to be platformers whilst the main games for sony are serious.

kungfucheez said:
Well, I know im going for the psp because of all the really nice games they are porting over. Also you can watch movies on it and Im sure you can do mp3s and pictures

Err the (large number cannot remember) gb new (sony made) discs which hold the games can't be written or re-written for copy-write reasons, this leaves a small (flash disc?) memory card for 'movies' and other stuff, i believe that's around 128mb, That space can handle a few music videos, but not a movie (hence why sony showed music videos beeing played at e3 2004)

But yeah I do like the look of both :D

gh0st said:
i dont know what you guys are talking about with this mgs card game:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/664/664947/img_2346043.html
This new take on the blockbuster Metal Gear franchise gives players a new approach to their espionage. Metal Gear Acid (also lovingly known as Acid Metal by its creators for the trippy take on the series) is a card-based simulation that progresses as a series of missions

taken from same site

Whezzy said:
This new take on the blockbuster Metal Gear franchise gives players a new approach to their espionage. Metal Gear Acid (also lovingly known as Acid Metal by its creators for the trippy take on the series) is a card-based simulation that progresses as a series of missions

taken from same site
omg.. blasphemy. there must be some kind of shooting action :( if not... **** the psp.

Direwolf said:
Yay! I get to hand out my ignorance award for the week. :D

You got my Moron award of the week. good job chief.

and like I said if you want good games get the PSP if you want kiddy games and puzzle games get the DS.

gh0st said:
omg.. blasphemy. there must be some kind of shooting action :( if not... **** the psp.
I think the combat is turn based, like an RPG. It'll probably be really good; but it sounds so weird.

KidRock, please stop before you make yourself look any worse.
Aren't you embarrassed to look so stupid?

KidRock said:
You got my Moron award of the week. good job chief.

and like I said if you want good games get the PSP if you want kiddy games and puzzle games get the DS.
fanboys are so damn annoying. mario 64 is a good game, i enjoyed the previous version. goldeneye isnt a kiddy game. hunters isnt kiddy. back up what you say, some people are trying to be informed and not just bash companies because you dont like them.

JimmehH said:
I think the combat is turn based, like an RPG. It'll probably be really good; but it sounds so weird.

KidRock, please stop before you make yourself look any worse.
Aren't you embarrassed to look so stupid?

No I dont feel stupid.. do you?

KidRock said:
No I dont feel stupid.. do you?
yeah just stop while youre at it. Just becuase games might be kiddy doesnt mean their fun. What games are kiddy? There's nothing like where you play a little baby and you run around trying to find your 'passifier patch'.

Back