Black Mesa Alpha Leaked

As bad as having the alpha leaked is, this can after all be considered a compliment. I mean who would go through the trouble and risks of legality of hacking or by other means procure a mod that will be available for free. He no doubt did this because he's dying to play this mod...

I mean the guy who hacked and leaked HL2, no doubt did it in part for the fame or rather infamy of it, but to the core he must have done it to be able to play HL2.

So in a way it's a compliment no matter how bad it may be...

I'm relieved the situation of the leak has been contained and that development of this mod will continue strong.

Props guys, hang in there.

I Look forward to playing this mod, in the proper when it's done manor :)

Glad it's sorted, perhaps i can get some sleep now, it' been reaking havoc with my head!

I don't understand why you would want something that isn't even complete.
It defies logic.

_Z_Ryuken said:
I don't understand why you would want something that isn't even complete.
It defies logic.

I don't think so. What are demos but incomplete games? Sure it's an alpha... but isn't it fun to read previews of games in gaming magazines or hunt for new screenshots online? Lots of people like sneak peeks of new games, finished or not.

Again, how exactly does this hurt the team? Why do they care at all?

badenglishihave said:
I don't think so. What are demos but incomplete games? Sure it's an alpha... but isn't it fun to read previews of games in gaming magazines or hunt for new screenshots online? Lots of people like sneak peeks of new games, finished or not.
Demos, more accurately, are finished or intentionally limited portions of either complete or incomplete software.
I myself do not bother with them anymore. It's like having a yummy slice of pizza sitting in front of you, and you can have a bite or two, but you have to wait a few months to get the rest.

In this case the pizza is whole, but is missing a lot of the ingredients.

Not the same. :|

Epsi said:
It still sucks that they've worked hard on this and it's been released prematurely. It's not the financial damage or anything it did Valve or the BMS team (which is none) it's just the horrible feeling of pouring your heart and soul into something and seeing it be treated that way and seen before it's ready.

ha ha ha prematurely its just ruined the plot for them (@ the leaker) ha ha ha imagine how stupid he feels only holding a bit of it ha ha i can see swat teams calling him a dumb **** already

I hope this doesn't set the team back, I really want this game to release!

Dalamari said:
I hope this doesn't set the team back, I really want this game to release!

After the initial OMG, I'm sure they'll get over it.

I myself couldn't care less about their whining. I certaintly wasn't going to download something that's incomplete. It's a waste of time and bandwith. Although I would like to see more media from them, model renders and basic level shots are always nice.

And we would love to release more shots, but as we've said before we spend far too much time when it comes to media releases that we need to be spending right now on our build testing.

There will be media in the future, but at this point we need to buckle down and get on with what matters, the actual work.

jheaddon said:
And we would love to release more shots, but as we've said before we spend far too much time when it comes to media releases that we need to be spending right now on our build testing.

There will be media in the future, but at this point we need to buckle down and get on with what matters, the actual work.

Well, good luck on your development, seriously I really look forward to your HL2 mod.

Always wondered what could they do anyway. I mean they are using Valve's engine, Valves license on Half Life, and i highly doubt they have bothered to file copyright with any of the model work they have done. Plus there is no loss of funds here. They cant do anything beside maybe some intrusion stuff.

Back