Black Mesa Leaked

Why did you even bother announcing it?
Its not like an average Alpha build of a game contains much information

It's a bit hard to play due to the unfinished levels and whatnot but overall I am impressed. Love the Houndeyes :cheers:

never!
Your just screwing with me :p

(Also, get on msn, im bored stupid)

Llama said:
never!
Your just screwing with me :p

(Also, get on msn, im bored stupid)
That's slang for "come in my arms for kissing me all night long".

Llama said:
hawt 2 way man-lovin'...aint nothing like it
This thing you speak of... Shens and I are quite familiar with.

Hell, lets break tradition and make it a foursome.
Um, sorry, I sorta went off topic >.O

Back ON topic, I hope the team uses this as a reason to work better than ever, rather than a knock-down. I'd give anything to fight a Sourcified gargantua.

jerkasaur said:
ah shit; no media, no news, and now content leaked? :(

Well they said a while ago they were going to stop releasing media and concentrate on making the game...good idea from my point of view

Aye. I blame Denzil for not removing that "Please hack us and steal our work" sign on the mod's homepage.

I kept saying it was probably not a good idea to have it up, but no one listens to me.

PS. If we were wanting attention, we would have had a media release. Like before.

Lupus said:
PS. If we were wanting attention, we would have had a media release.

Or you could just say the game was leaked and new images come out of "nowhere."

Sorry but if you're going to be an ass..

Why the hell would we release unfinished pictures of our internal builds, several of which have the placeholder HL1 weapons being used? We wanted to keep those level areas under wraps so that people had something new and unseen to look at that hadn't been shown in a previous media release.

If you want to know who did it, all it takes is an educated Google search to one forum where they openly admit it.

That last comment makes you seem unproffessional and immature.

True it does, but when people blindly accuse us of pulling a publicity stunt when this was honestly out of our control, it is highly frustrating.

People fail to realise that although it may seem very minor, even one mapper who gets in to our level source files and makes a cheap HLDM level can ruin the experience of how our level will feel for the first time ingame. We want to keep it all a nice suprise for the players, we've worked 18 months on the content and have tried to keep the public in on development as much as we can without showing off to much and the game not having any suprises.

It was Emporio it seems, sigh, its most definately not a publicity stunt!

Dowie said:
It was Emporio it seems, sigh, its most definately not a publicity stunt!

Didn't one of the devs, in this exact thread, say it was just some careless prick they gave the source code/server access to?

You lose.

ha, Emporio. I've seen amoeba with more talent and ability than Emporio.

Option A: it's a fashion brand.
Emporio is an Armani brand. Products encompassed by this brand include sunglasses, perfume, and clothes. This specific branch is targeted toward younger buyers, offering less expensive and more mass produced items compared to its original Giorgio Armani. Other than Emporio, there is Armani Exchange.
Option B: they are a bunch of freakin twats.
Emporio is a software cracking organization that is well known for being one of the first groups to successfully crack Valve Software's popular game: Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike: Source.

They were also successful at releasing:

* Day of Defeat: Source on September 24, 2005 which was two days before the official release on Steam.

* Rag Doll Kung Fu on October 7, 2005, five days prior to it being released on Steam.

* Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, a whooping one month prior to it's release!

The cracked games are distributed primarily via Steam. As Valve releases updates to the game, Emporio cracks the updates and distributes them in the scene.

This "group" is controlled by a leader who employs the alias: MaddoxX

Recently, their group name was changed to PROViSiON, which was their previous group's name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emporio

sinkoman said:
Didn't one of the devs, in this exact thread, say it was just some careless prick they gave the source code/server access to?

You lose.
Actually no, we had some serious security holes on our repository. The individual responsible described his issue with it as "walked right in."

Whats great about Emporio is that the only reason the retards leaked games before release is because someone from the press gave them the last few files to play, I bet that RO release was of an old beta aswell. They are probably the worst group around, they cannot hold a flame to Razor1911(pretty sure those are right number I generally get them wrong :x).

If I recall they take credit for things they didn't crack or leak,like the HL2 leak and he even has games on his ftp for crying out loud. Valve needs to stop these guys.

Back