Black Mesa: Source Media Update

well, the escalators were a bad idea... about the airport seats if anyone is going to complain, in Hl:Bs it looked the same. about stuff gotten changed too much.. well, i did like to see the original tram rails. the thing is, this gives you a bit more feeling of an airport, at least with the escalators... about scientists being in high rooms without any elevator, do they have to get to their rooms some way you cold see? i mean like maybe the did have doors that opened from inside the building , rather than the inbound area... no?
honestly, i was both shocked and disapointed with the screenshots, the look amazingly great, but don't give the feeling half-life did 8 years ago.

I'm just writing to tell you guys to ignore the small minority of people complaining. I think the new Inbound has certainly captured the "wow" factor of the set-piece. Which is what the original did all those years ago.

You can't please everyone, no. But some people will just complain about anything.

I think people are focussing on the wrong comments.

The point still stands that it may look better, but it doesn't make as much much logical sense.
There is enough space and screens there to serve several hundred people. The Level 3 Dormitories only house about twenty people.
So, in that regard, it's a case of bigger not equalling better.
The tram stops in the original were the equivalent of bus stops. Here, each bus stop is now its own airport.

There are good points though.

Pros:
-The second track for two-way transit. That's a good improvement.
-Room on the other side and a catwalk across to reach that track, also good.
-No bottomless pit, good.
-Tram schedules, good.

Cons:
-Nearly 100 screens to serve a maximum twenty-four people.
-Well over six times the floor surface area of the original (disproportionately large) station platform.
-No vertical height at all, so a distinctive feature is replaced with a two-meter dip.
-Glowing orange signs?
-The Area 9 transit hub is in the wrong spot.
-Looks absolutely nothing like the original in pretty much every respect other than the fact that there's a rail.

I believe the area Orcone is referring to is the same map I was speaking of; at the very beginning of the tram line there are two offices that have no doors leading into them, or even windows protecting the scientists from falling right out!
Simple Solution: add glass and a door on the wall.
Crazy Solution: scrap the entire area.
In any case, escalators just don't work out. They're designed as speedy and simple transit between floors for mass amounts of people.
You don't need eight to serve one bus stop.

To people who're saying it looks like a "theme airport" or "theme mall (what malls are you people going to that have trams?)," what else should transit stations look like? Have you ever ridden on a subway or lightrail? Ever been in a metro station?
Every day, in Toronto. Compared to the stations there, designed as space for many hundreds of commuters per stop in a huge urban environment, this industrial station designed as a stop for less than thirty people seems oppulent.
No-one denies that it looks like a massive subway station.
The problem is that this massive subway station is in black mesa, servicing little cars that could be charitably called ski-lifts.
It's the equivalent of building two JFK International Airports in the middle of Pawtuckett so that farmer Joe can fly his cropduster.

The idea is perfect. Consider the enormity of Black Mesa, a research facility taking up a sizeable portion of New Mexico desert. Then consider the manpower that this installation must have; scientists, security guards, administrative personnel, etc., all heading to different areas. [...] you'll see the need for schedules.
A schedule screen is good. One hundred schedule screens in one stop? Less good.
I have been in airports serving entire cities that have featured less than ten screens.

Oh and speaking of un-BMRF atmosphere and places like area 7...ARCADE and FOOD COURT (from Blue Shift).
There's no arcade. That's one machine in the corner of a laundromat.
The food court consisted of two restaurant booths and around six tables.
Hardly a comparison to the international airport here.

And they also reflected the original design style. Lots of platforms suspended in vast chambers, windows overlooking the transit system, low-tech 50's industrial style, etc.

Immunity - How can you say that we don't care, the fact that I replied to your posts politely would show this I should think..

We do care what people think, just some people don't understand the complications, which I thought you might have and so tried to explain.

If you don't want to play the mod feel free, its not like you have to, just know that noone tried to insult you anything of the sort.

Looks great! Keep up the good work, please. Maybe it'll be ready for christmas next year?

And don't feed the trolls! ("I won't play this game. I know everything. blahblahblah" <- that's so silly I can't believe someone would say those things and mean it - go make your own internets)

One peice of valid criticism is more useful than a hundred people saying "It is good enough for me, don't bother fixing the mistakes."

Well, finished reading over the thread and rather than continue the flames that some have started: I'll reply to some other questions.

Yes, the area has gotten bigger. It's gotten larger to accomodate more people, however I don't think it was ever specified that 20 or so people were at the Level 3 Dormatories. They could have served 1000 and we wouldn't know as they could have been other stations. We removed bottomless pits because as we have said numerous times without past complaints "we're making HL more logical". Would you invest 10 billion dollars into creating a enormous bottomless pit to nowhere? There was never any lights there nor any other signs of life which is why they were taken out. It increased the look of the area: yes. Source, however, no longer needs bottomless pits to increase the size and feelings of areas. It has the capabilities to have much larger environments so that is another reason they were scraped.

Immunity, I don't think your comments were all called for. You got up and stood your ground on what you believed and brought up some goods. These are the points we wanted to hear from the community. We wanted to know if we 'did a bo-bo' or if 'you hit the nail on the head' and it seems that people seem more leaning towards the nail that the former. However you didn't need to respond as hostile as you did to the replies you were given. There was bad play on both sides, so lets leave it at that please.

You see folks, those who say to ignore the bad comments aren't correct. With Inbound, it's these bad comments WE NEED. If we ever released a demo of BMS before the actual mod came out, it would be to find out what people like what they don't so we can change it in the main modification. Of course, this is both a remake and re-invisionment because you cannot make inch for inch areas and get away with it. You need to add change, you need to add new areas and you need to make it work.

What was, was was meant and what we can do is how we're making this modification. Somewhere someone said "this is what Inbound was meant to be", but that is only partially true. The strongest definition of Inbound was 'wow' and that is exactly what we are aiming for here. The strongest emphasis is on that 'wow' factor. Inbound is meant to push Source to its limits without looking back. No one seemed to have an issue with that before, but now that the motto is taking shape: everyone wants a stab at it.

I don't want to start a flame, I really don't. I just feel that issues needed to be address before people walked away with misconceptions about Black Mesa: Source. Many chapters are getting the improvements as were said by Immunity and Mechagodzilla: because they can. Office Complex, Forget About Freeman, We've Got Hostiles, Apprehension, Lambda Core (some areas excluded) and Surface Tension. These are all levels under construction (or completed) that have the biggest focus has been on the original how it looked/felt. Inbound is on the opposite end of this spectrum where focus was put on what it felt and meant. I don't say meant as "meant to be", but as in what it meant to the player. The impact the player received when he/she travelled through it.

We know we can't please everyone. We know people are going to love us, hate us and then just play us. We know we're going to be controversial. We know people claiming to be apart of BMS who actually aren't. We know we can be shut down by Valve at almost any time as its their intellectual property. From day one, we knew these things. This isn't a shock, this is only what we expected.

Please folks, its the negative comments that we so badly want. WE WANT our work ripped apart. WE WANT you to find our flaws. WE WANT you to complain about what you think isn't right. THIS IS WHAT WE WANT. If we get nothing but priase, what more is there for us to do? Praise is good, a real moral booster: but its the negative comments that really hit our work and tell us if we're doing it right,

o wrong.

Samon said:
Ah Darkside, as much as I disagree with you, its good to see you back.

/Kicks Darkside into the speculation forums.
I feel loved. :LOL: I drop by every now-and-then, to see what's been said. I'll try to say more stuff there and in SP mythology.

Mechagodzilla said:
There is enough space and screens there to serve several hundred people. The Level 3 Dormitories only house about twenty people.
That stop that we're looking at on that line might not only be serving people from the dormitories. That office area (the one without the windows [and yes, doors and windows are a very easy fix, goes without saying :)]), is leading to other places in the facility as well, so there might be a lot of commuters going to that area. Even if that weren't the case, I don't think the area looks as blown-out-of-proportion as everyone's making it out to be. Stepping out of the "real-world" context of why Black Mesa would have so many chairs, screens, and escalators, I bet the map was designed that way just for symmetry's sake. Also, I'm only counting 48 screens for 24 people, not "over 100," but that's not important in the least, just making an observation.

Mechagodzilla said:
Cons:
-No vertical height at all, so a distinctive feature is replaced with a two-meter dip.
-The Area 9 transit hub is in the wrong spot.
-Looks absolutely nothing like the original in pretty much every respect other than the fact that there's a rail.
Aside from the first one (which I will concede is a bit of a con), it's not too bad. The large open area was neat, but I personally won't miss it.

On Area 9: it's the thought that counts. :p I'm actually going to decline comment here because I'm not even actually sure where that shot's supposed to be (picture 1), and I can't tell if it's in the right place or not. It certainly looks like it's lining up with the map I'm looking at right now, if not slightly different here. I'm assuming those are Blue and Yellow lines shown in that picture, but if so Blue line shouldn't continue going further...bleh, accursed train system.

The third con is ultimately the problem everyone is having: it simply doesn't look like the original. I realize this is a mod that's supposed to recreate Half-Life, or at least the feeling of Half-Life in the source engine, but they're spreading their creative wings a bit and people aren't liking the results. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems less like people are displeased because it looks like an airport but because it's different from the original look. That's the main complaint. Me, personally, I've got no problem with it because not only do I like the way it looks, but I find it functional, and also I'm not adverse to a different reimagination of the Black Mesa facility. I can go back and play HL:S and see everything the way it was before--albeit without higher poly counts and fancy textures--, but this I see this as an opportunity to look at a different kind of BMRF. If certain minor things are changed, it's no big deal to me. One could argue that the train scene, the setpiece that set up the atmosphere for the entire game is no minor thing, and of course I'd agree...but then, compared to the scope of the rest of the game, it's not so important or so perfect that changing it will lessen the experience of playing the rest of the game. Ultimately, we're talking about a scene that lasts a few minutes, in a game that's a couple hours long. We're looking at screenshots of a place that's going to fly by and then we won't see them again. At least to me, it's not a big deal, and in fact I want to see some variety. I welcome the change.

Mechagodzilla said:
The Level 3 Dormitories only house about twenty people.
I'm curious where you get this figure from. Even if it is actually official (and I suspect its a dubious Gearbox figure at best), it should be improved upon. The BM facility is huge, full of many departments and you come across loads of scientists in the small section you even see. The engine, and the status of the team as free-time modders (no financial gain, but no real risk either) allows them to make a bigger, more believeable Black Mesa, one that they feel is faithful to what Valve implied about the place, even though it wasn't what they actually created.

And while i'm on it, all those of you who're offended by BM:S's upsizing of the tram-stations should brace yourself for the overhaul of the lockeroom / HEV pickup points. There are considerably more than 3 HEV suits to say the least. The designers are basically scaling most things up. We saw it first with the Hydroelectric Dam, and we'll see it in basically every section they release media on, and in the full mod when they release it. This isn't the Black Mesa you used to know. I personally wouldn't want to play a Half-Life that was simply just a high-definition version of the original, but I accept that some of you want to. You people just have to accept, that isn't the ultimately free of charge product that you one day will have the option to download.

edit: and to not sound like yet another "yes" person, i'd like to say that I dispise the upper left hand of this screenshot. The simple box passage is ugly, and the signs don't look all that pretty to me. Also, I don't actually see the logic behind the signs anyway. The tram is automatic, and as a wall mounted sign at that angle to any passenger, I don't believe the sign would actually be easy enough to see. Also, why is it an LCD sign? Does the rail frequently lead into a vortex that necessitates the use of changing sign? I personally think that there should instead be a sign in the Tram itself that tells you where you are. Be far more useful. I couldn't tell you of a subway or train service in the UK (yeah sorry, i'm not well travelled :p) that puts signs glued to walls five inches from passenger faces - they put them on the station and in the trains itself. I appreciate that you feel you need to fill up wallspace, but perhaps advertising posters and safety signs would be better than these somewhat redundant location signs?

Okay, I apologize.

But that's just me- too defensive.

My final comment on the mod is: Great job, awesome level design and I amazed you still haven't dropped the mod. However, the atmosphere is not the same as in Half-Life 1.

I was a bit skepticle at first about the size of "inbound", but over the course of a few hours I changed my viewpoint, mainly because I looked towards the fact that I have seen larger contruction operations in my lifetime, so the new "inbound" has the right scale to it.

I just don't like the amount of kiosks that there are at the sector3 terminus

Supernorn said:
I'm just writing to tell you guys to ignore the small minority of people complaining.

Excuse me, but shut up.

I may be in the small minority when it comes to not liking the recent media update but I most certainly wasn't rude, or downright negative. That small minority have an opinion to, and goddam anyone who shuns them away, and favours the more popular vote.

I admit, I certainly do not like the approach taken with Inbound, at all. But thats not me being an asshole, thats me telling the mod team exactly what I think.

Technical answers:
-There are twelve dorms in the level 3 dormitories. Gordon's is the ninth.
Assuming that there are more dorm floors above the Level 3 that aren't mentioned anywhere, that's still no higher than forty people. Plus, as folks have pointed out, not everyone would be leaving at the same time.
Level 3 is also connected to at least two other stations, so not everyone would be leaving from the same station either.

-Area 9 is located behind (and three floors above) Gordon's departure, so he would be moving away from it and wouldn't be able to see the place.

-I should have said "almost" 100 screens. Taking the time to count now, there are 96 screens total. 48 on the walls and 12 on each kiosk.

-Each tram has eight seats and standing room for around four people.

Less boring comments:
I guess the easiest way to express what the problem is would be to look at the original first.

The original L3 station platform room had four main ideas:
1 - Like every other underground station platform in the HL series, the station platform is a wide, suspended catwalk made of metal.
2 - This catwalk is hung directly from one side of the level 3 dormitores. The building features a door and large windows overlooking the track.
3- The catwalk is hung above a large storage area where forklifts are moving crates.
4- If you look right, you can see the door to Area 3, where Barney works.

I can't really think of any reason why those basic things couldn't be kept.
The original room did have problems, yeah. The bottomless pit, for example.
But, using the patented Simple Solution technique, the solution is, well, simple: Fill the hole in with cement.
What to do with a huge cement floor?
Add more boxes for the forklifts to move.

Cavern too huge?
Move the floor up closer so we can get a better look at the forklifts.

The box-moving conveyor belt is bad looking?
Add more detailed machinery.

The train can't go two ways?
Add a parallel track.

The platform is featureless?
Add a schedule and some chairs, etc.

The team solved those last two problems already, but went crazy overboard with the final change.
Everyone wants to see the broken get fixed but, for the things that aren't broken: don't fix them! :p

Those things that aren't broken are those four main ideas I listed up there, but only the door and the track mentioned in #2 were kept in this BMS version.
By going overboard with the 'adding features' method, the distinctive ideas behind the original ended up buried under 96 TV screens.
With that in mind, it's kinda obvious why so many folks say it doesn't have the same feel as the original.

By the way, I have seen the concept art depicting the new locker room design, but decided not to mention it since it's not in the screens here. But frankly:

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/3821/lamba18tt.jpg

Yes, there were more than four HEV suits in Black Mesa. However, would they really all be needed in the AM labs? The only equipment there was the test chamber. Three suits is nearly overkill as it is for pressing the two buttons and pushing the cart.

So if three suits are enough, why on earth would you need 32? (there are eight stands with four suits each)
Again, it's bigger instead of better. Bigger to the point of being nearly absurd, honestly.

As for the design of the room, let's assume that more suits are needed to push the buttons.
How about giving the locker room six suits - twice as many - in case three break down at once, or something?
How would we go about doing that?
Simple solution: add three more pods in the locker room.
Crazy solution: scrap the locker room and replace it with a humongeous neon set from the hit film Batman and Robin.
:frog:

I do understand quite a few of the points that have been presented, and I do agree with quite a few of them - I think the problem is that I was working on a very strict deadline here, I went for a few visual additions (extra screens) and didn't put it into logical perspective. However, just because we've played through the dormitories in Decay or something of the like doesn't necessarily mean that what was shown is how it actually is. There's probably many more people than just 20 to 40 working in Level 3, no matter how many dormitories are shown in Decay (They have multiple levels from what I could tell), and this is their main entry to the tram system each day. What about Barnies? Technicians? Where do they go after work if they have level 3 access? They don't just sit around all night ;] We see some details in Bshift and such, but there's many side facilities to BM - It's huge! So just because we see a small food court, or a laundromat with one arcade machine, doesn't necessarily mean that they're the sole providers of services to Black Mesa. Just because we play through a very limited scope of Black Mesa in the original Half-Life, Blue Shift, OpFor or Decay doesn't mean that the entire facility is based off what we see as Freeman, Calhoun or Shepard. We have to take the logical sizes for a research facility and put it into perspective, taking into account all of the extra personnel as well, not just scientists. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a few hanging around on the platform or observing some of the timetables, too - If you look back to the original HL1 you'll notice there's a little crew of people up in the windows as well. Our entire area here was based off more of a metro system, and I think that's the direction we'll be taking for the entire chapter, not just some suspended rail system through the facility. We're modeling this off a vareity of various real-world locations and trying to model them into a recreation of Black Mesa.

I realized when I began to make major modifications to this section that some people wouldn't like it. I understand your opinions, and I understand why. It was a decision that was made to appeal to the majority of potential players - Who didn't just want to see the same sections with some revamped architecture and better textures and such. It does look a little posh and residential now, but that was a concept direction due to the fact that it's very close to the residential areas of the facility, as opposed to areas where we get work done. This is only two rooms into the sequence, perhaps as we move further along into the more industrialized areas or the more populated areas where people are at work that you may begin to recognize some more Half-Life 1 feeling in it. Also, please understand that this is all a work in progress and changes may be made as new content, character models, models etc are developed. Logically, we could just copy over HL1 and then make the requisite changes. But it's just not good enough for Source, and that's coming from many more people than just me. We have to do more than just detail up the areas a little and fix some of the logistical problems. Each to his own, I guess. We knew from the get-go that some people wouldn't like it, as they wanted something very reminiscent of Half-Life 1, and, coming from everyone on the team, we just wouldn't be satisfied with that. We want to do more with the power we have. I apologize, to those of you who don't like it for the direction that was taken, but I do hope you understand why this decision was made to change things.

Edit: Mechagodzilla, that particular concept was designed as a part of a total redesign of Lambda Core (Hence the filename) as opposed to the AM lab. It is just concept art, I doubt we'll be including that many HEV storage units, and if we do, they would be utilized for the teams entering the border world as opposed to for the test chamber. Naturally, many of the units will be empty - They've lost a few teams through the portal.

I agree with Mech for the most part. I think that depending on the size of the stations there should be an equivilent amount of personnel pressent at the station. If you're going to have it huge, then have a large amount of people, if you're going to have it small, have a small amount of people. And you don't want to criple machines with too man NPCs...

That doesn't really explain why the storage area, the windows and the suspended metal nature of the platform were removed.

My assumption that the area is small may be unfounded to you, but it's quite the leap to say that this one dormitory would contain the several thousand scientists this size of a station would require.

I estimate that there are around forty to fifty scientists staying in this place, based on at least one floor having room for twelve and a possibility of around three additional floors. I would also estimate the total number of scientists seen in the adjacent labs would be slightly less than that number. Remember that there are at least six other dormitories for the remaining scientists' security clearances

Also, Level 3 security guards like Barney live in the Area 8 topside dormitories, so they do not factor in.

Add that to the fact that the original and official platform is as small as it is, and I see this is a case of 'could' instead of 'should'.

Mechagodzilla said:
but it's quite the leap to say that this one dormitory would contain the several thousand scientists this size of a station would require.
I think you got through to him about the screens. If most of them are gone, the station platform size is not really so massive as to imply several thousand people. Most stations are simply molded to the stopping distances or sizes of the vehicles that use them. My local trainstation is about 20 times the size of that Black Mesa stop, and I live in a village of 2000 people tops. The station only has a handful of sitting spaces after all...

Mechagodzilla said:
Add that to the fact that the original and official platform is as small as it is, and I see this is a case of 'could' instead of 'should'.
Really, I think that the idea that Valve was thinking about stuff like this when they made that original platform is an unlikely one. The BMS team are going back and putting thought into aspects that Valve never properly considered, just as Gearbox had to fit Decay's dormitories around Valve's original barely contemplated idea. Back then, Valve would never have wasted so much design thought on an area you pulled away from for 10 seconds...

Yes, as previously noted, the concept you posted Mecha was denoated 'lambda' in its name. This is of the Lambda Core - Xen Epiditionary Staging Area, where you would have many dozens of teams/people heading into Xen. The concept here was made for Lambda Core, not AM.

However, it could also be made note that there could be other levels, two or three or even more. When this was designed we looked at the total picture of people coming through rather then the area directly attached to it. We have escalators traveling off in both directions, possibly reflective of the part that this station serves more than one dormatory district. However, yes I can understand the point on the screens and the station is going back under the knife.

We greatly appreciate all comments on this matter, thanks for everyone who came out to post their views.

agreed with mechagodzilla, about 99%..
as for myself:
the escalators: couldn't you just put stairs?
the room without windows and doors: like others said, just add windows and doors,
the schedual kiosks: well, you could put one on each station, maybe two on the station which gordon arrives right after seeing barney.
the hight: i noticed it is lower than it was in hl1, well, it's not terrible and it's not great. probably doesn't matter too much(at least as i see it)
the shiny-show-me-the-time things: well, don't you think 2 is enough, rather than having them everywhere?

no more bottomless pits: great
graphics: great
details: great, but maybe you went too far with some of them? like those signs everywhere.

the thing is, as i see it, you've added essential thing, in larg numbers, like those digital clocks(damn i can't think of a name) or the schedule kiosks. one kiosk is really genius, but 10, well, ich don't thing so.
Also, why is it an LCD sign? Does the rail frequently lead into a vortex that necessitates the use of changing sign? I personally think that there should instead be a sign in the Tram itself that tells you where you are. Be far more useful.
agreed. probably the thing that gives you an airport feeling the most...
aside that, the work you're doing is great, inbound, the whole thing itself, is great. there are just some minor details that make major changes in the feeling.
good luck and marry christmas :cheers:

Well, I would assume that the tracks would switch directions depending on the trams online and the clearance of the individual. If you look at the original, there was a one-way trip through a weeving tunnel. We took that a step further and said that trams can travel in both directions utlizing every track. These signs reflect that to say which direction that line of track is designated to at any given time.

Thanks to everyone for your comments thus far and criticism. It is greatly appreciated and Inbound is being modified. We greatly value comments, both good and bad, alike. For those who don't like it, please elude more.

In a few of the underground systems I've been in (Notably the transport system at the international airport here, as well as various tunnels I've been in) there's various location indicators scattered around, as to indicate locations to exits and certain key areas, in the case the system fails or in case of an emergency. Additionally, in the potential case of an emergency they could display more revelant scrolling directions or terse information. (As for the arrows and X's, they're quite common in various underground systems that I know of.)

jheaddon said:
Lord of the Rings obviously changed the storyline and graphics around to make it work for a movie
Yeah, the graphics in the book were crummy :p

TwwIX said:
Quit complaining you lamers.
It looks great!
Screw you, we have opinions and the stones to post them.

Supernorn said:
I'm just writing to tell you guys to ignore the small minority of people complaining.
Screw you too. I'd like to add my name to the "small minority" of people that think we need a more techy and less airport feel to this.

Betelgeuze said:
Please stop the flaming, the complaining and all the other bad stuff
Screw you an' all. Just because other people don't like something that you do doesn't mean you have to tell us to shut up.

Betelgeuze said:
lol as if they care :p
Kalashnikov said:
However, yes I can understand the point on the screens and the station is going back under the knife.

We greatly appreciate all comments on this matter, thanks for everyone who came out to post their views.
Owned.

In summary: I can't believe how intolerant some people on this forum are of criticism! If I was making a mod the last thing I'd want is to surrounded by yes men and fanbois, I'd want my work ripped apart piece by piece. I'd like to say to the BMS team that I think they're doing some really good work, and that this tram station looks stunning - but the look of it is not (in my opinion) suitable for Black Mesa. I would go into details but I think the other "flamers" in this thread have covered that pretty well.

We always look for criticism: its ever so helpful. We enjoy media releases (not the time leading up to them) because it gives the community insight into what we're doing and gives them a chance to find our flaws, weaknesses and every we miss. We greatly value input and constructive criticism always. A fair amount of people were saying it doesn't feel Black Mesay so it is being looked at.

Like I said before, the tram system looks a little too dark. I looked again and it seems like this high tech lab is still using OG yellowed out incandescent lightbulbs instead of switching to flourescent.

ZoFreX said:
I think he means that in the films things were not as described in the books because it would have been a bollocks to do or just looked ugly :p

Yeah, I know :p

I'm sure there's room for a joke on text-based adventures in there somewhere, too.

one question: are you gonna ommit the large windows that were in some big areas in the tram's road, for example the area with the machinery working, where you slow down and wait for the crate to get out of the way, i hope you get which one i mean. a source lighting would be awsome there, insted of light bulbs.

ZoFreX said:
ASCII?

I like the look of this mod a lot. Lucky for you guys I'm upgrading so I can play it on full graphics!

One question: How are the loading times for the inbound sections?

My completely unoptimized loadtimes are slightly over HL2 loadtimes. With optimization and fixes, it should be equal or less to the HL2 times.

i love what you had done. I disagree that it lost black mesa feel. but we need more then just pictures. can we have aleast a video some1 playing the game. it tells ppl alot more about the games

Back