Bots are EXACTLY the same as cz (and have cheesey american accents)

T

Team-747 Rambo

I enjoy playing with the bots i just thing they could have made a couple more tweaks and stuff to do, also i think maybe sometime they should change the voices common! who sais youch! when they get shot... :sniper: ;(

They aren't exactly the same. They've tweaked them quite a bit from what I've read. Yeah, but do you know if there is a way to spectate without playing with the bots? I want to watch the bots play cause it's alot of fun after I die to watch them. They're Godlike with the sniper :O.

Just change teams and go to spectate eric :)

I find the bots a lot more fun compared to humans hehe, they're alot more helpful - they tell you where they see the enemy etc. , work as a team - and they're totally tailored to you :) If I want a challenge I can bump em up to hard (more of a realistic CS experience) but if I want to just kill some people I'll put it down to medium :D

My only problem is the difficulties tend to vary loads, which I don't remember happening in CZ. There'd always be one good bot per team, but now it seems even on medium there'll be 5 really good bots and I'll be stuck with 4 shit ones :(

Other than that, I really can't remember if the bots have changed from CZ, but the update says they have so good enough :)

Bots seem to be aware of each other and ambush spots much better know... I barely had any play time with CS:CZ so maybe it was the same for them, but like 3 bots camped in a hallway and had each other covered and so they owned anyone that tried to come through, it was beautiful :p

Two things though...

Ladder code for them may be better, but it still needs work, they occassionally try to get up from a 90 degree angle from the ladder which doesn't work, and they clog up around the ladder.

Also they go in too straight of paths at time, just add a little "noise" (randomness) to their movement from the nav mesh and it should be better I think.

Thanks JiMmEh! I think they should tone down the sniper sometimes cause I was spectating and one of the t bots killed 5 ct bots just camping with sniper. One ct came around the corner not knowing and was blasted in the side of the face, then the rest were cautious and came around slowly aiming in the direction the t bot was shot from, but still the t bot was owning and slaughtered them all. Fun stuff though.

I've had the ladder problem too, in cs_office I was a CT and my team and I all rushed out of the garage to the ladder by the window. When I got inside the building and looked down outside, all my teammates were stuck at the bottom of the ladder and they wouldn't move. :|

Is there a way to create a mix between botskills? That's more realistic to an online game of css: with noobs and experts, and some between the 2 :)

people com'on wtf these bots are genious for axample try flashing then and see then **** up its nice.
then there is the way they react when they panic its way more human like. they dont shot as well as in cz and dont always notice you to bad they **** up you fps when you create your own server

Dunno if they are the same as CZ, don't care either, cause they're brilliant either way. Easily the best AI I've ever seen and I can't see any game beating it in the near future.

One thing they didn't do in CZ, is shoot random stuff purely for fun, sometimes they just starting shooting physics stuff like the monitors and pc's in office just for fun :)
Nice little touch.

And in CSS, all the navigation data is generated when you enter a custom map, and it becomes bot ready, awesome feature that lets you easily test your new maps on gamplay. Was that also present in CZ?

PvtRyan said:
Was that also present in CZ?
Yeah it was, but in CSS they seemed to have tuned it and it's a lot faster now.

Damn I must have turned the bots voices off. I was disspointed when they didn't speak like the CZ ones, but now I think I know why they don't...

Anyway Bots pown. When new custom navmeshes come out they'll be unstoppable.

They seem prety good. Sometimes they pile up in a small hallway and cant get by, also once right after spawn they all threw grenades right at the spawn for no reason at all. I hope turtlerock continues to work on them until they are even better.

CookieCuttah said:
I wish they didn't lag so damn much!
Yeah they are always lagging. And I swear one of them downloaded an aimbot and wall hack and was using them RIGHT ON MY COMPUTER!! I got banned thanks to... it was Dave I think. Don't trust dave, if he joins, bot_kick him.

I also gave his name to VALVe, who should delete him from CSS, and give me my account back. I wasn't hacking! Honest! It was DAVE!!

:p

Back