Bots coming monday along with a new map

Reaction score
The official Counter-Strike Bot will be released for Counter-Strike: Source on Monday (January 17th). The Bot features enhanced abilities and will be available for all owners of Counter-Strike: Source. Also included in Monday’s release is an updated version de_tides, rebuilt by Turtlerock Studios. For more information or to purchase your copy of Counter-Strike: Source, please visit www.steampowered.com.

from planethalflife.

it better be worth the wait and I hope the map incoporates some of the Source engine capabilities in its gameplay.

Does anyone know where to find any progress screeens of de_tides, or any screens at all in that case?

Woah, This should be posted on the main page, to be honest.

good find! Though I've never heard of de_tides. Though I'm pretty new to the CS series, for online play anyway.

dekstar said:
Woah, This should be posted on the main page, to be honest.

good find! Though I've never heard of de_tides. Though I'm pretty new to the CS series, for online play anyway.

I believe it is a Condition Zero map.

i think i played it for cs1.6 i am not sure i think it is the one but i cant remember

Well whatever if you lot say it's bad, then it probably will be.

This "Bid December Update" Seems to be coming in lots of little neat packages. More "oooh"'s and "aaah"'s than if it all got slammed on your doorstep early one morning, I expect.

and they seem to be releasing the stuff as soon as it's ready. And those new upgraded bots sound SO COOL I could scream.

-Dekstar

why havent turtle rock been fired yet, they totally borked condition zero up

urban said:
why havent turtle rock been fired yet, they totally borked condition zero up
I actually found condition Zero very good. Especially since I was on 28k then, and I still find it fun now infact. Lots of bots on T on Italy, you on CT, and only allowing them knives, while you have yourself a para. Also good if they are set to "Expert". hillarious.

tides1.jpg

from the steam update news:

Going into February, there will be a release of a new Counter-Strike: Source map by Valve level designer Dave Riller. It's a smaller hostage rescue map with the focus on close quarters fighting. This map is still being play tested, and we're looking forward to seeing what the community thinks of it.

There are a number of other things we're working on at Valve right now that we aren't quite ready to talk about, but our resolution for the new year is to keep the community more informed about what's ahead. To that end, there will be a weekly Steam message (like this one) to give people and idea of what we're working on.

errr... condition zero was a bust.. what i dont get it why someone would wanna play bots in place of humans... there is no skill involved.. i guess that imho...

I hope this conversion is well detailed.. and i hope they release some better conversions down the road..

genocide604 said:
errr... condition zero was a bust.. what i dont get it why someone would wanna play bots in place of humans... there is no skill involved.. i guess that imho...

I hope this conversion is well detailed.. and i hope they release some better conversions down the road..

people who are new to the game and not used to the fast-paced gameplay, have difficulty defeating hard-core gamers, which mostly populate the servers. bots provide an excellent opportunity for beginners to sharpen their skills and tactics before facing more challenging opponents.

you all DO understand that there is a news thread about this?

don't start dissing the source version of tides yet, no one liked Prodigy, Piranesi, Chateau, or Office back in the day either

Ennui said:
you all DO understand that there is a news thread about this?

don't start dissing the source version of tides yet, no one liked Prodigy, Piranesi, Chateau, or Office back in the day either

This thread was posted before the news thread.

lol this part of the forums is hard to find sorry for posting about it in hl2 general... Well I am glad stuff are happening and if u play against the bots on hard they can be a very good challenge and more stable than on ffa servers cuz they wont leave in the middle of the game or stear tking you cuz they dont like other ppl than them selves...

I remember a game called Global Operations - which was great with other players if you found a decent server online. This had bots in the single player campaign and was frankly crap.

The fun thing about playing with other players is that you get all sorts, campers with awp thro to pyschos running around in aks, I'm not sure how the bots can plan or join bombsite/flash/smoke rushs etc; guess that's the fun part.

Somehow I am thinking that CS is popular because you had to get GOOD quickly - playing against other players and not the AI. The learning is part of the process in making it such a popular game. Personally I'm not so sure about bots, would probably be too easy. I'm no expert - averaging a regular 2:1 ratio.

We shall see.

I can't imagine that the first bots are going to be all that good... but we can hope. The CS:CZ ones weren't anything special.

Ennui said:
I can't imagine that the first bots are going to be all that good... but we can hope. The CS:CZ ones weren't anything special.
I love the CZ bots. Best bots I've seen in any Game so far. VALVe said they could improve upon them, and that seems so bloody amazing.

Let's just hope they don't code the typical "Shoot the barrels to whatch how the physics react" into it :LOL:

Back