Bugbait Out! Talk About It Here

grrrrrrrr, give me 35 mins while it downloads will you. Then i'll discuss it :p

Hope its gud. Nething new there. Go on entertain me with your merry banter while i wait ;)

uh yatta, this topic is to discuss everything about it, thats why its called "General Discussion."

fukn unbelievable.. it looks like so much fun.. I'm so excited about this game now.. not that I wasn't already.. really nice video though.

and its also great alot of those clipping problems with the ant lions are fixed. I really like how in the end when the big bug smacks gordon and he flys back very realisticly. Not to mention how the motion sensored gun machines are gravity weighted and when he took like 2 shoots at it, it just moved up alittle and went back down...that was really sweet.

Originally posted by eyesore
Im tired of people doing this, so what if he did? who cares? people need to grow up.

W3rd brudda.

Ive noticed in my 2 days that the mentality of alot of people here is around 12 and everyone seems to be trying to out do everyone else.

the clipping is fixed!. thats a big unexpected bonus :D. god i am envious of you guys watching it, heh. I havent even seen traptown or tunnles off steam yet :(. But soon, soon, my time will come :)

yeah, seriously, "oh no, this is not a Half Life 2 general topic, this is a Half Life 2 media topic! You stupid, you should know better!"

*sigh*

Damn you people with Steam.....I can't use Steam becuase it crashes my computer. I had to reinstall windows and everything the first time my computer started up with Steam. I don't know if it was really Steam, but I really don't want to find out either.....hee hee YAY!!!! HL2, w00t w00t w00t

Originally posted by tokin
and its also great alot of those clipping problems with the ant lions are fixed. I really like how in the end when the big bug smacks gordon and he flys back very realisticly. Not to mention how the motion sensored gun machines are gravity weighted and when he took like 2 shoots at it, it just moved up alittle and went back down...that was really sweet.

I acually noticed some bad clipping issues on this one...when he turns the corner and there are combine behind the beds and whatever...the ant lions' legs go through the bed. This, in my opinion, is not a small stupid thing that isn't important. Clipping is huge...and I hope this is fixed. I'll take a pic and post a link in a sec.

realthedise, you might want to goto the steam website and go on there forums and ask for tech support, I'm sure they'll try to help you out.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
the clipping is fixed!. thats a big unexpected bonus :D. god i am envious of you guys watching it, heh. I havent even seen traptown or tunnles off steam yet :(. But soon, soon, my time will come :)

i'm 100% certain i saw an antlion clip right through one of the mattresses.

I do not like this video, there are many errors(bugs), bugbaits strike across the tables and they move very clumsily, the shots of the enemies are rare, not like in traptown or in tunnels, too the big spider of the end, strikes to the soldiers of a strange way , first strikes, tour, and returns to strike and returns to turn itself...

NO NO NO, gabe already mentioned back in some email from someone in the "Info from valve only" topic that all of this was fixed and they are still working on it, these big clipping problems wont be there when the game is released, dont worry about it right now.

OMG Clipping!!!! Something in every 3D game ever released

DISASTER!!!!! SOMONE CALL THE POLICE!!!! A 3D GAME WITH CLIPPING!!!!

MY GOD WHY DON'T THEY USE ALL THE CPU TIME ON PER-POLY COLLISION AND IK!!!!! THAT WAY THEY COULD DOWNGRADE THE GRAPHICS SO THEY WERE EVEN WORSE!!!!!

AAAARRRRRRRCH CLIPPING!!!! IT TERRIBLE!!!!

Originally posted by elhispano
I do not like this video, there are many errors(bugs), bugbaits strike across the tables and they move very clumsily, the shots of the enemies are rare, not like in traptown or in tunnels, too the big spider of the end, strikes to the soldiers of a strange way , first strikes, tour, and returns to strike and returns to turn itself...
Sadly I'm going to have to agree with this post. My favorite part of the video is the very beginning, before the antlions, where he is just walking around. Everything else does seem kind of clumsy. Still pretty cool though...
Originally posted by Dagobert

MY GOD WHY DON'T THEY USE ALL THE CPU TIME ON PER-POLY COLLISION AND IK!!!!! THAT WAY THEY COULD DOWNGRADE THE GRAPHICS SO THEY WERE EVEN WORSE!!!!!

Don't forget, the demos were made on an early build of the Source engine... :cheese:

Originally posted by eyesore
realthedise, you might want to goto the steam website and go on there forums and ask for tech support, I'm sure they'll try to help you out.

Oh I've done that...but they never answer my questions (rather, cries for help). I don't know how I'm going to play HL2 if I can't get Steam to work on my computer....maybe I need to buy a new one. This one is getting old anyhow.

like i said, i havent actualy seen the vids yet. so yeh, there might be clipping still and i thought there would be so i aint bothered. even if they dont fix it (which i am sure they will as valve keep promises :p) i am still happy. Actualy i am still exstatic

Damn, ok ive noticed alot of good and bad things, im sure all of this is fixed though by now.

GOOD:
1. The music when the first combines are firing.
2. Gun fire against the ground and tiles sounds very bueno.
3. Sensory guns

BAD:
1. Ant Lions through beds.
2. Glass being shot at, needs major work done to that, damnnnn....
3. Ant Lion attacks, thats all being fixed though as Gabe mentioned awhile back.
4. Also the last part, when the big bug breaks through the door, you will notice the door stuff 3/4 in the ground and shaking back and fourth non stop.

did anyone notice this , the rifle with the green scope. it reflects everything behind him O_O that is awesome. I didnt see good enough IF i could see gordon though! That is a very nice little touch, i've always wanted that.

damn, i didnt know that...awesome....also you will notice grafitti all over the walls in the last part of the movie...especially not to mention the great water sounds running through broken pipes and toilets.
Also, is this bugbait movie in a prison?

BLOOD ? 6th video very bore...

HEY!!! WHERE are THE BLOOD when an alien Kill a soldier???
i want that the alien splash me with blood (haha), that the alien cut the soldier´s hand and i like heard at the soldier screaming! while his companion try to help him! yeahh!

:devil:

Well, it looks like an illiterate wrote that, but yes, I want more gore as well :)

maybe we'll see heads and gibs flying around in the final version :p

haha me too, looked very nice, but nothing as close at the stalker oblivion lost trailer did...damn nice.

Originally posted by Dagobert

I totally agree with your point!:upstare:

hahahah, COOL!, i love in half-life when i saw the gibs in the floor

Well that answers that, on the question though. I dont know if there is any blood in the e3 versions, for perfectly good reasons im sure. Mabye they havent added it yet?

stalker trailer looked better?

maybe that is because The Stalker video was not only shrunken but running on HIGHEST EVERYTHING????,....yah that could be it.......

Perhaps, since this is public content, they've turned down the gore some.

I was thinking the same thing, but in Traptown you DO see zombies getting sliced in half by that rotating blade.

Back