Bunny Hopping Video

T

tw1st

I heard a lot of talk about not being able to bunny hop in CSS, that it was taken out, wasnt possible...etc For the disbelievers and the curious, I have made a short video ( about 30MB ). Its a regular public server with regular server settings, and no I'm not speedhacking or anything I've just been bunny hopping for a few years. Anyways here it is, enjoy and please give some comments and feedback :)

Bunny Hopping

ill tell you what the server settings couldnt have been normal
what they had on was sv_acceleration and if it is above 5 it allows for a continuas speed when jumping

but if you can do it on every server thats pretty cool maybe you have some alias or something but you cannot do it just buy bunny hopping like in cs 1.2

haha man thats nice

u sure its regular serv settings?

looks nice though :D
cool music, fps is a little high, why not drop it closer to 30?

To answer your questions, the server settings were normal I have tried atleast 20+ others with the same result.

Your right it is a script. Using the mousewheel lets you hop, but the script perfects the jump timing in order to achieve speed and momentum. The hopping is nothing like cs 1.3 and pre, and there is a slight different technique to it which I am still trying to perfect.

I actually wanted to do 40FPS movie ( its on 50 now ) but couldnt select an option with that number, and 30FPS didnt really catch that smoothness I wanted :p

You registered just to post this?

Pssh.

/Got nothin'

Why you gotta start shit in my thread huh? Let me tell ya what though, if you had half a brain you would have noticed my December 2004 Join Date right next to the post count that you looked at.... And you posted in my thread just to post that? looks like someone wants to up there post count by spamming useless shit in other peoples threads....ggkthnx

the song is "Name of the game" by Crystal Method.

can you explain how you did it?

Uh, ok how can I describe this.... bassically you never hold down your forward key, you look about 40 degrees to the left and right and strafe in the same direction while mantaining a constant timed jump.... kind of hard to explain. I saw a good tutorial illustrated in a flash cartoon if I find it I'll make sure to post it here.

so you jump but you look left but hold the right button and look right and hold the left button whild jumping

How did you film it? From a demo? Looks pretty smooth.

I like it, it's cool. :)

i know where i have heard that song before it was in blade the movie

so you jump but you look left but hold the right button and look right and hold the left button whild jumping
no, you look left while pressing the left strafe key and you look right while pressing the right strafe key while jumping...

How did you film it? From a demo? Looks pretty smooth.
yeah, I recorded a demo then played it back and recorded it with fraps.

Also, thnx for all the positive feedback I'm glad everyone liked it.

aye its cool

it similar bhop method to tfc?

it looks that way to me anyhoo, as pressing forwards activates the air resistance slowing u down like virtual bitch it is

it is similiar, you turn about 35 - 40 degrees on each jump allowing you to gain speed, even if your a little off it screw you up. In TFC and other mods the method seemed to be a little more forgiving but with source you have to be almost perfect.

Weren't people saying that you have a speedhack or something? I ask because I'm not going to do that if I'll get kicked for 'hacking' everytime.

ok cool tw1st, i guess ill have 2 work on it :D

half alive, maybe u will get kicked maybe you wont

if the admin has no idea what the bhop is they will most likely kick or ban you

if they do understand what it is then i guess they will either be impressed or ask u to stop

ive never seen this before in source, only in 1.6
just wondering, have you ever bhopped in 1.6? is it more or less difficult? (i didnt use a script in 1.6, just my fingers) ill have to figure it out

Weren't people saying that you have a speedhack or something? I ask because I'm not going to do that if I'll get kicked for 'hacking' everytime.
Yeah people are usually like "wtf?! how is he going so fast?! is he speed-hacking?", and there was also a few cases were the admin didnt care at all, but if an admin has a problem with it they will usually tell me to stop before i get kicked/banned :p
just wondering, have you ever bhopped in 1.6? is it more or less difficult?
I was able to bunny hop in 1.6 to, but not as well as in source. If I remember correctly I believe that the bunny hop was completely removed after cs 1.3.

I never noticed this before, tried it out last night for a bit and it worked...could only get it going for 2-4 jumps then it would start slowing down...but man if you hit them right its like running while jumping

It would take a lot of pratice without a script =]

That was awesome, reminds me of bunny hopping in Quake2. You could build up to insane speeds in Q2 by bunny-hopping (I'm talking way, WAY faster than walking normally). I suck at bunnying in CS:S though :(

Damn I gotta try this out. You think it'll be illegal for ED matches? ;)

I wouldnt count on this being around for a long time, so if your gonna have fun with it you should do it now. B-hop was taken out before and I'm certain they will take it out again once it gets out there and people start using it more. Lol, and yes probably would be considered illegal in matches... unless your playing natural selection or adrenaline gamer :p

yea i remember in cs 1.1 bhopping was insane...hopping over the dust gaps was fun.

Oh lord have mercy. Not this again. Now where gonna have everyone jumpin likes its party or better yet crackheads. lol

Why does it take Einstein for someone to remove bunny hopping from a game? Valve tried it and now people are bunnyhopping all over the place. Natural Selection tried it, but people have been bunnyhopping as marine for months using the mousewheel technique, coupled with a "3jump" script. I hate scripters.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=3jump&meta=, might aswell post it, everyone knows about it anyway.

the vid is up only for a little while, so if you want it grab it now. I dont have much bandwidht left.

Ok Thanks :thumbs: I got them now.

EDIT: I mean, I'm downloading them atm.

sweet
i might try and learn doing this myself.
were you using the triple jump alias script?

Is there a trick to it? Because, I can't do this at all. :eek:

With a script it's easy..

Heres how to do it without:Set your mousewheel to jump, - basically what you need to do is spam the server with +jump commands, so you jump the instant you hit the ground, and only use the forward key on your accel jump - otherwise the server will notice you're exceeding the max speed and slow you down. Only use the strafe keys and make a figure of 8 motion with your mouse as you jump.

the thing is, i made a 6 jump script (and bound it to the mwheel) but whatever i do, the jump will still miss the right timing every other jump. sometimes, it wont even jump. maybe theres something wrong with the script i made? please check it out (it works for original hl though).

Code:
alias "rapjump1" "rapjump2 ; wait ; rapjump2 ; wait ; rapjump2"
alias "rapjump2" "+jump ; wait ; -jump"
bind "mwheelup" "rapjump1"
bind "mwheeldown" "rapjump1"

btw, i tried lowering the graphics quality and boosting the fps over 100 but to no avail

You want something along the lines of:
//bunnyhop

alias "+bh" "+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump"
alias "-bh" "-jump"
bind "SPACE" "+bh"

yes i tried that too, but i get the same problem
it works every other jump. the other half i get slowed down or the jump fails.
i tired many different timings and none does it right

twist, i can also bhop like that in source, i also bhop in 1.6 but only reach a certian speed then thats it, i use a script for both , so that it jumps as soon as it hits ground no mater what i jump on, boxes etc..
fun :)

Back