But I suppose you could in a mod....

Valve is smart and is thinking ahead. You create the base, the foundation, add as much as you can and then let the people with their infinite number of crazy ideas spread it out like a spider web.

Then you have steam to update source with all the good stuff people create. They also said after hl2 is done they would build a new list of challenges to tackle. Personally, I want air/fluid dynamics and I’m sure valve will add it.

ShadowFox said:
Crom, where did you get that avatar? It's awesome.

made it - ta

Superman are you saying that after over 5 years in development Valve are marketing not Halflife2 as their main event but the source engine itself and using HL2 as a minimal, part filled shell for modders to do all the work and populate at a price instead?

From Valve's perspective, HL2 might be the most equisite piece of entertainment known to man but the technology behind it is what will keep them going.

what would be the point of a mod community if everything and anything they wanted was already in the game?

chu said:
what would be the point of a mod community if everything and anything they wanted was already in the game?
Thankyou, this thread has now been formally owned.

End of discussion.

chu said:

I think the people are talking about features (like cloth physics and what not). Having new features in a mod is cool, I play mods because they are different from anything else on the market. As good as Valve maybe, the can not make HL2 a FPS, adventure/puzzle game, strategy game, and an RPG all in one. It would never happen. With mods, we can still get a great game and then get mods that give us a completely different gaming experience.

I just wanna blow $hit up and then I'll depart this world happily.

Rafa 5.0 said:
I just wanna blow $hit up and then I'll depart this world happily.

Probably not a wise statement given the worldwide events of the last few years.

Anyone else seeing several FBI computers going crazy right about now?

No.

Al Quaeda. Terrorists. Die America. Blood. Secret nuclear weapon. Washington. Nerve Gas New York.

They probably are now.

Wildhound said:
Probably not a wise statement given the worldwide events of the last few years.

Anyone else seeing several FBI computers going crazy right about now?

You do realize i was talking IN A GAME, just gimme a gatlin gun and make the entire level destructable with cars that blow up and stuff like that :sniper:

Cant they constantly update the engine with new directx versions?

Mr Fusion...lol.

You should add some words like President, Assasinate, Nuclear bomb, Jihad to really make them start to fire!

Lol Fusion.

Bush, Plane, Attack, Pentagon, New York New York New York.

Wildhound said:
Actually I'm not too interested in fluid dynamics. What actual applications are there for it? Very few really... It's an awful lot of effort for something that's not going to add much to anything. Ever.

It would only make sense in a game that was heavily based on water.

Virtual cumshots.

Someone will make a virtual sex mod.

Mr-Fusion said:
No.
Al Quaeda. Terrorists. Die America. Blood. Secret nuclear weapon. Washington. Nerve Gas New York.
They probably are now.

Go straight to Guantanamo Bay

Do not pass GO

Do not collect $200

Back