Are you metal?

• I'm metal.

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • nop sry

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

Vigilante

Reaction score
Any metalheads here or am I the only one? What kind of metal do you like?

I'm big into the power metal and symphonic power metal scene (Stratovarius, Epica, Kamelot, Nightwish, Symphony X, etc...). I like progressive metal too. I'm not crazy for the new crap like Killswitch Engage.

How about you all or am I alone?

Some metal I find appealing.

Well, it's about the certain elements it has that I love. Drums, specifically.

Lamb of God has ****ing great drumming.

I don't actively listen to any metal bands nor would I call myself a metal fan though.

I'm ****ing metal!

I love melodic death metal like Opeth and In Flames, as well as old school metal like Slayer and Pantera, AND lots of industrial metal like Fear Factory, and some nu metal too, like Deftones. :) I love it all, as long as the band is good.

Only Metal I ever really got into was glam metal, stuff like Ratt, Aerosmith etc.

oh and a bit of symphonic metal here and there like Dream Theater and Symphony X and stuff..

I am ****ing metal.

Thrash, groove, progressive, I love it all baby.

Only metal band I've listened to is Moonsorrow. But I find it very appealing, especially the rhythmic drum/heavy bass elements.

I'll listen to Isis for days on end if I want to, but for the most part I can't stomach most metal any more. Instrumental bands like Pelican, Red Sparrowes and Bossk are still fantastic, though, however dull they may be live. :p

No, the closest thing to metal that I listen to is noise rock, which is itself closer to punk than metal. It certainly is louder than metal though.

Black (Deathspell Omega, Drudkh, etc.) and death metal (Axis of Advance, Nile).

Although I tend to lean somewhere towards the more sophisticated melodic death out there(SuidAkrA, Edge of Sanity, etc.)

Yeah, Crimson by Edge of Sanity is incredible. But it's still not as good as Back to Times of Splendor (by Disillusion).

I love metal with vocalists that can actually sing. Dio, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Maiden, Edguy, Strapping Young Lad, Opeth, Jorn Lande...

I actually do like mainstream metal like Nightwish and Metallica and the likes of such bands..

The only metal bands I like are Bullet for my Valentine and Machine Head. Would Avenged Sevenfold count as metal? If so, them too. I forgot about Iron Maiden. How could I have forgotten them?!

The only metal bands I like are Bullet for my Valentine and Machine Head. Would Avenged Sevenfold count as metal? If so, them too. I forgot about Iron Maiden. How could I have forgotten them?!

Those are Metalcore..

I actually do like mainstream metal like Nightwish and Metallica and the likes of such bands..

I wouldn't consider Nightwish mainstream...yet. Nobody outside of the metal world know who they are. They only gained some recognition in the USA after Once was released.

Still, they're on of my favorite bands. I even like Anette. :thumbs:

I'm actually supposed to be going to the UK in the coming months to see them live since they won't be back in the states for a while.

Metalcore is kind of a weird genre because some will tell you it's the same as nu metal, and others don't think it should be considered metal at all. Typically, metalcore is a fusion of heavy metal, melodic death metal, and alternative rock. Most of them tend to mix screaming and clean vocals with chuggy, downtuned riffing and melodic lead playing. I'm not much a fan of it because all those bands tend to sound really similar to one another, and the style itself is kind of like a mishmash of genres that just doesn't work.

Have you heard anything by Alexisonfire? They're probably one of the more musically-talented metalcore bands I've heard.

Have you heard anything by Alexisonfire? They're probably one of the more musically-talented metalcore bands I've heard.

Apart from their famous track "Rough Hands", I have heard nothing else from them..

Oh yes, and any of you people listen to Disturbed? Obviously you people do, surprised it isn't mentioned yet.

Apart from their famous track "Rough Hands", I have heard nothing else from them..

Oh yes, and any of you people listen to Disturbed? Obviously you people do, surprised it isn't mentioned yet.
I didn't know that track was considered "famous", though it is one of their better ones. Try listening to "Pulmonary Archery", "It Was Fear of Myself That Made Me Odd", "Boiled Frogs", and "No Transitory". All good songs.

And I can't stand Disturbed at all :p

I just Youtubed some Iron Maiden, wondering if I'd been missing out all these years, and I can conclusively say I'm not a fan at all.

i used to worship metal but now i barely even listen ot any music at all
i also played guitar but i sucked so ithought **** it. that's probably also why i got bored of music. it just reminds me of how frustrated i became with the guitar

How can you not like "Fear of the Dark," Stiggy?

I actually didn't listen to that one. I'll give it a shot.

[edit] Better than all the other Maiden songs I heard, I'll give you that. Didn't like the lyrics or the singing though, and found it a bit boring. But it's a pretty decent song.

Metallica is the heaviest I go (And thrash is godly) but I am a metalhead.

Oh yes metal.!

I like it all,Grind,death,black,doom and traditional.

Favs bands include Carcass,Judas Priest,Iron Maiden (who i am going to see at Twickenham later this year.:)) Marduk,Cathedral and Enthroned.

Metallica was my first really favorite band, they're what got me "into" music when I was about 11 or 12. I also used to listen to some Slayer, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, don't listen to metal much any more tho.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of progressive metal. Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, Ayreon... it's all pretty good.

Back