Cabinet bounce

SubForce

Reaction score
And yes I did do a search. Has anyone else bumped into a cabinet and been pushed back 5 feet every dang time. I think the cabinets are fighting back. Hmmm, maybe its just me....

Naaaaahhhh.

They are!! I've been traped between a pack of barrels, a wall and a cabinet and could not for the life of me brake free. This is the only down side to the physics I've seen and it can be a really pain at times.

I think they just included these "bouncy physics" just in CS:S to compensate for the lag issue... or something along those lines

I'm 99% positive it won't be this way in the full game... besides, bouncing back would be really retarded in the full game

This is the full game isn't it? Or am I being retarded? On second thought, don't answer second question.

Guys know what I am talking about though, you bump into a cabinet and there is no give or solid thump like a wall, you just end up being pushed back like you are a rubber ball.

Think about it, the objects that effect gameplay, big things like cabinets, are server side. They have to be positioned by the server when moved, for each slight movement it requires the server to register its location and then update each user on the server of its new location.

That would and does eat up too much server bandwith and cpu. So Valve added a bounce so the user barely or doesnt touch the object at all therefor using no real bandwith.

yea, one time in office, someone knocked a file cabinet down, it blocked a hallway, there was no way you could jump over it or get past it. it totally made that route blocked off. sucky

azz0r said:
Think about it, the objects that effect gameplay, big things like cabinets, are server side. They have to be positioned by the server when moved, for each slight movement it requires the server to register its location and then update each user on the server of its new location.

That would and does eat up too much server bandwith and cpu. So Valve added a bounce so the user barely or doesnt touch the object at all therefor using no real bandwith.
oh. duh. I'm with ya now. thanks.

although you have to admit it is kinda goofy to be near a cabinet and the thing reaches out and smacks ya back.

poseyjmac said:
yea, one time in office, someone knocked a file cabinet down, it blocked a hallway, there was no way you could jump over it or get past it. it totally made that route blocked off. sucky

I have had that happen, I ever tried to jump over them only to find myself traped between them. I under stand the reasons for this to save the servers but it is still a pain at times none the less.

There is maps at a certain site where they removed the push - but every server thats run it lags like a btch if you ask me.

i read somewhere that the physics have been changes for CS:S for exmaple

when u try and jump ona barrel ur thrown back a bit, this is to stop using them to get to high places you normally would be able to get to, which i can only assume, is to keep the origional "Cs feel" to the game. TBh they have done SOMETHING to the game, i cant really put my finger on it, just makes it seem slower in my opinion

i have noticed..it takesa fraction of a second longer to start moving again once you have come out of a crouch...and also the crosshair is a little laggy...theres something else tho!

Like 5 posts up I explained it - its nothing todo with the cs feel or skyboxes.

I even have an email from cliffe to prove it.

I guess I would rather have bouncy file cabinets than no file cabinets at all.

they should just remove movable objects all together if they are leaving this bouncy shit. especially in office, i get killed often cause i get thrown into the open because of the damn trash cans

aeroripper said:
I think they just included these "bouncy physics" just in CS:S to compensate for the lag issue... or something along those lines

I'm 99% positive it won't be this way in the full game... besides, bouncing back would be really retarded in the full game

Wow what chances! Only 1% chance they would still be bouncy and turns out they were!

Back