can't get 6th preload to work

lifebringer

Reaction score
call me an idiot for posting something stupid...but i'm not getting the 6th preload going. i've been loading and exiting steam since last night...was on content server 4 now i'm on 20 (i just purchased silver now)...but hl2 still hasn't started the next preload (still at 79%)

should i be patient and just wait..is it really under heavy demand? or has it completed for most of you.....?

Completed for me, just let it run, don't play a game, and open your monitor up.

Yeah doesn't preload for me either. I'm just going to wait a few more days.

hmm yeah..considering overall the content servers are putting out about 2x as much bw as yesterday...maybe i should just be patient.

Yeah, me too, mines stuck at 69%.

Heh. 69. Ohhhh Right.

Giggity Giggity Giggity!

yes mine also is at 69%, it wont do anything...
guess we have to wait.... this all seems really firmiliar for some reason. :monkee:

just wait a few days/weeks a til everyone has calmed down with preloading and then you should be fine

Usually if you pause it then resume it it will start loading again.

Mine is stuck at 69 percent. If I click on Continue it does absolutely nothing...

DarkSonic said:
Mine is stuck at 69 percent. If I click on Continue it does absolutely nothing...

:dozey: Same. Dumbass Valve. JP.

ailevation said:
:dozey: Same. Dumbass Valve. JP.
Err.. It's called an overload. There were literally hundreds of thousands of people downloading this preload... All over last night.. The servers get full.

I honestly don't see how you people could complain.

OH NOES!! HL2 WONT PRELOAD!! I WONT GET ME FILES ASAP!!
EVEN THOUGH HL2 WONT BE OUT FOR ABOUT A MONTH, I MUST HAVE ME FILES!! NOWW!! VALVE SUX!!12

A lot of people are having problems with steam atm. Valve either doesn't know about it or doesn't care, the post on steampowerd got moved to the community help section and ignored >:-(. I'm guessing its not getting attention because it does not seem to be effecting people who bought it already.

I did manage to get it to start downloading again... by canceling and starting over. I hope you guys find a better solution than I did, I'm back at 10%. :-(

It took me 1 hour to figure out I have to start the preload by clicking continue.

Back