$kelet0r

Tank
Reaction score
Its awesome - so much better than hl2dm and sourceforts etc,

- truly beautiful maps
- fluid gameplay
- teamwork!

download it now!

yo man sounds cool. where do u downlaod it? and is it free?

Installed it, but it keeps crashing :( Can't get it to work. I'm trying to launch it from "my games" in steam btw

Cheers Physicles, but I managed to get it working by overwriting the main program files with files from the 1.4 release.

Was playing it for a while last night, really good fun!! It's just a pity that not many people seem to know of it, and are missing out on it. I highly recommend everyone to download it, as a fun alternative to HL2DM, but not as serious as CS:S :cheers:

CTF is a whole lot of fun! I have noticed that not many people are playing it these days - I think it's because of Dystopia (which also rocks).

It is unfortunate that more people aren't playing CTF - there are many different types of games you can play under CTF (neutral flag, one-flag-CTF...) that I never get to play anymore.

On a negative note, I still think they should reduce the jumping physics in CTF back to the normal DM jump. The increased jump in CTF turns most people into rabbits (myself included). You almost have to learn the hopping technique if you want to chase down someone hopping away with your flag!

Just saw a team of 3 guys, who obviously knew each other, combine to capture a flag in about 10 seconds flat!

The first guy got the flag out of the enemy base, and took it out wide to the right to the walkway which runs the length of the map. He then dropped it, and punted it up the walkway with his grav gun to another guy who did the same, to the last guy who took it home! I was like :eek:

It is a hell of a lot of fun tho, better if your team has at least some organisation. I usually get a feel for how my teammates play - if I see a lot of them staying defence, I go on the hunt for the enemy flag. If they are all over the place, I hang back and defend myself :thumbs:

No, but it is one of the default ones, so to speak. It's the one with 2 concrete buildings (featuring a top and bottom entrance) at either side of the map, and concrete walls arranged in a maze-like structure along the ground. There are raised metal walkways on each side of the map, as mentioned before, and "makeshift" wooden planks on top of the concrete walls making a path throught the middle. And there is a couple (I think) of pillars in the middle with ladders on them - so you can go up to collect the crossbow :upstare:

I'll get the name of the map next time I play, I can't play right now unfortunately :(

ctf_dirtwork would be the intro map.

The overall skill level in public servers is much higher than that of DM. Keep a look out for these clans.

|RR|
=|LG|=
rb`
{uPs}

I belong to [Cartel], but we play more TDM CTF such as 2Fort, Warpath, etc.

there's 1 australian server, and hardly anyone on it : (

destrukt said:
there's 1 australian server, and hardly anyone on it : (

hi, i admin a hl2dm server in Australia and have added a few ctf maps there - bittah.com is the server (you'll see it's basically the only AU server with more than one or two custom maps. It's not the ctf mod, but it still plays ctf in normal hl2dm mode. Check it out if you get the chance.

Back