Cars in Mods!

J

jlw

I have seen movies where ppl driving cars. Why is't there any cars and trucks in CS:S ?

Will there be any mod with trucks and tanks and such? :frog:

because it would make gameplay unbalanced and they'd need to redo maps and shit.

Yeah exactly, most maps on cs with vehicles were custom maps, not mapped by valve. So these the vehicles well be along with the custom ones. Perhaps an updated cs_gokarts with buggys? oh the possibilities :)

i can see it now... cs_jeepathon2k!

are there any vehicles included with cs:s? or is there the ability to put them in maps right now? (like the apc in aztec?) or no?

Yes i'm looking forward to those maps with cars and such. :)

Cs_jeepathon2k was & Is...THE BEST MAP!!!

Perhaps in CS2 there will be vehicles like APC's and such.

In fact, I can almost bet there will be. It would make the game really fun.

Bring back the APC. Filling the back of that with teammates, and then reversing it into the garage, trapping them there, was so much fun :D

Anyone ever play the map supercrazycar? It was fun...it was just a single large jeep that had about 20 stories of floors stacked on top of it. You couldnt even see the ground if you looked down from the top. Whoever was driving would put it on a hill and everyone would start to fall off...good times. :smoking:

Lethal8472 said:
Anyone ever play the map supercrazycar? It was fun...it was just a single large jeep that had about 20 stories of floors stacked on top of it. You couldnt even see the ground if you looked down from the top. Whoever was driving would put it on a hill and everyone would start to fall off...good times. :smoking:
:D

Now THAT sounds like fun!

Imagine in source, with physical objects flying everywhere! Or the jeep topples over!? Wow...

I would rather vehicles be kept out of default maps.

I remember playing a counterstrike map where there was neverending continous trains in a canyon like enviroment. Which map was that?

where did you see a video where someone was driving a vehicle?

I think it was Doug that said that vehicles would at least not initially be in CS:S.

I Wouldn't mind not having maps in the 'official' maps of CS:S, but they shoudl definitley be able to put them in custom maps.. Theres just times when you need to get away from serious CS playing and run your freidnly Terrorist over!

-Limb

I am going to make a mod were you can run over zombies!

PS: I am not kidding.

Bring on JEEPATHON 2k5!!

Hell why not make it Mercedathon!

I remember playing a counterstrike map where there was neverending continous trains in a canyon like enviroment. Which map was that?

that must be de_railroad, i loved that map. the vehicles were so dodgy in old hl1 but i can forsee excellent vehicular physics in cs:s. i mean the fact that you can bash a jeep around with a manipulator is awesome in hl2.

I'm not sure the net would hold it very well. I mean as far has how phys objects behave. I could see it being a real pain in the ass.

I want a new map made in a sort of capture the flag style affair.

It would be set in a mountaneous/valley type area so you could easily restrict players movement from the areas of interest, with a railroad track extending throughout the large map in a giant loop.

The terrorists would start inside the train randomly, and have the ability to move about within it, or even go outside and climb ladders to get on the top of the vehicle for fast/safer access to the other parts of the train, but with the occasional low hanging peril of treebranches or overhanging rocks or something that would force the units on top to be cautious when in firefights and not forget about those things or else die.

The Counter-Terrorists would spawn off the train, and as it came around they would have to blast at the terrorists if they are visible from outside the train and make their way aboard the train while it is moving and then fight to secure the train constantly pushing towards the control room of the train(aka the flag) to win the round. It would be an infinite spawn type of affair, and I dont know about you guys(dont care really) but i'd have alot of fun in that!

FreemanHL2 said:
I am going to make a mod were you can run over zombies!

PS: I am not kidding.
Why? I'm sure you'll get the chance in HL2.

jlw said:
I have seen movies where ppl driving cars. Why is't there any cars and trucks in CS:S ?

Will there be any mod with trucks and tanks and such? :frog:

Basicly because the maps are not meant to have driveable vehicles on them and are too small.

Back