CD Key

P

pokey8349

I bought Half life 2 of Ebay and when I got the game, I installed it and it said enter the CD Key. I did but it said it was already in use. That means that the person which I bought it from has used the game. Can you help me please?

Well, valve has said multiple times that selling steam accounts/cd keys on ebay was not permitted- so theres no official channel to have the problem fixed. Valve won't help you. You're pretty much on your own.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything you can do. Except maybe try and return the game to the guy who sold it

Only thing to do is contact the ebay seller and tell him. Complain that he sold it after registering it. Just explain your predicament to him.

go to ebay and paypal (if you paid through them) as they have a couple of schemes to protect sellers, but as valve have said don't sell them on ebay they may wriggle out of it - put pressure on ebay that you were basically sold a dud product and they may help get your money back for you - still a pretty dumb thing to do, you must have known about steam right? it's been the topic of conversation for the last month:p

Anyone foolish enough to buy a Steam account over Ebay deserves whatever they get, in my opinion.

MiccyNarc said:
Anyone foolish enough to buy a Steam account over Ebay deserves whatever they get, in my opinion.

glad we dont listen to you then huh, he didnt say he bought a steam account he bought the game that had already been registered onto a steam account

not everybody understands the inner workings of serial keys and steam

best way to get your money back is if using paypal you can reclaim your money back. send the product back to him.

he's basically sold you a car that wont start.

why on earth would you buy it from ebay...why why why??? You only know if a cd key has never been used if you get it new. Or you buy the steam account which isnt allowed. I think your niavity has cost you dearly here...

I'd say you're probably screwed. Just go to a store and buy it. In the future, never buy a Valve game off of ebay.

All I can say, is that I feel sorry for you, but maybe you can pwn it off to some other stupid person on ebay, and get the dough back?

to glitched_firewal
How can you say something like that. Then there is just another person that haves proplems!!!! That is folish!!!

Back