Children in HL2??

Its just perspective messing with us, its likely not a child.

Nah, I think it actually is a child. You guys talk about perspective but check the head proportions.

It is definately a child.

edit: The one to the furthest right is probably a child/teenage girl aswell, due to the proportions and the ponytail.

Hyperion2010 said:
Its not like Valve is lining kids up in a shooting gallery and forcing us to shoot them as part of the game, that would be sick and demented.
It's a good idea for Postal 3, you should also be able to urinate on the corpses

Postal 2 was cool, but it got old quick. I only played the demo though.

Screw kids, they can die too.

aeroripper said:
I don't see anything wrong with it... although being able to shoot the kid is pretty bad... the sims is WAY worse... it shows them going poo and taking baths... that wacky chris sawyer... what will he come up with next

but you wouldn't be able to anyways because it lowers your gun on friendlies

Lowering your gun doesnt mean you cant shoot them... fool!

pvtlon said:
*EDIT* Wait, so you're saying you lose ALL ability to fire around friendlies? I can't even throw a grenade in their area? What if I have my back to them and bounce a grenade off the wall in front of me??
lol

I'm sure there are loopholes.

pvtlon people over exaggerate. im almost positive you'll be able to shoot whatever u want when u want. the gun just lowers to WARN you not to shoot, but if u want to u can

guinny said:
pvtlon people over exaggerate. im almost positive you'll be able to shoot whatever u want when u want. the gun just lowers to WARN you not to shoot, but if u want to u can

Exactly - Gabe confirmed this in a mail. You CAN shoot NPCs, but just to add a touch of realism your gun lowers down when you point at them. They are integral to plot so we thought we couldn't kill them - but gabe concluded that "if you shoot alyx, she'll hit back and dog's gonna kick your ass."

lans said:
Exactly - Gabe confirmed this in a mail. You CAN shoot NPCs, but just to add a touch of realism your gun lowers down when you point at them. They are integral to plot so we thought we couldn't kill them - but gabe concluded that "if you shoot alyx, she'll hit back and dog's gonna kick your ass."

Nice. Even better if she puts on her leather chaps for the beating.

I think its pretty real, there are kids in real life.. not all 6'0 male adults lol..

Who said anything about killing the kid... lol

deus ex invisible war they had a whole level full of school girls....mwahahahahaha throwing them up on ceiling fans and watching their corpses project dangling dead girl shadows on the wall of the principles office......mwahahahaha....god i love that game.

snuff that little shit! j/k :stare: but really, its only a game d00d.

I think that HL2 will make people look at games in a different way. We all know how life-like can characters look in HL2. We all know how real their eyes look. Would you be really ready to swing with crowbar against a cute little baby, frightened because this big guy wants to do something bad to him and he starts crying "Mummy!" and running away with those cute little steps possibly tripping over like little children do. We were all children once and we know what means to be frightened as a kid. And don't you think that killing innocent people in HL2 would be like smashing flies! (or you are a possible psycho)

A.I. said:
I think that HL2 will make people look at games in a different way. We all know how life-like can characters look in HL2. We all know how real their eyes look. Would you be really ready to swing with crowbar against a cute little baby, frightened because this big guy wants to do something bad to him and he starts crying "Mummy!" and running away with those cute little steps possibly tripping over like little children do. We were all children once and we know what means to be frightened as a kid. And don't you think that killing innocent people in HL2 would be like smashing flies! (or you are a possible psycho)
Ahh, but what about showing the combine killing/hurting children? Would that be okay?

psycho tbh :p
It'd be 'fun' to kill the people (after completing the game ofcourse)... it's part of Half-lifes sick humour and hopefully will be in HL2 :)

the combine kill regular people anyway. If they kill children, kill them for it :)

All will be right with the world.

aeroripper said:
I don't see anything wrong with it... although being able to shoot the kid is pretty bad... the sims is WAY worse... it shows them going poo and taking baths... that wacky chris sawyer... what will he come up with next

but you wouldn't be able to anyways because it lowers your gun on friendlies
WHAT? it is worse to see kids takin baths then killing them? are you from the USA?

guinny said:
deus ex invisible war they had a whole level full of school girls....mwahahahahaha throwing them up on ceiling fans and watching their corpses project dangling dead girl shadows on the wall of the principles office......mwahahahaha....god i love that game.

Haha, just makes me want to get the game and try it out :angel:

I wonder what would happen if you threw a `nade at someone would they pick it up and throw it back, like what happend in the E32004 video

i dont think there is time to pick it and throw again.. not the hand grenade... when it hits the floor it blows... what kind of grenade gordon picked and throwed again? mp5 secondary atack?

vegeta897 said:
More on topic... About that "I used to play here" thing, you have it all wrong.

When some gaming magazine was playing the demo, in the City 17 level, walking around, he saw a young man, not kid, saying "I used to play here" or something. The player proceeded to push the realistic swings and stuff. :) (He was at a small little playground)

EDIT: Bottom line, it was a young man who used to play at that playground when he was a boy. (Before the Combine take-over thingy.)

well.. thats possible.. i didn't remember the article that much.....
but what do they mean with young man... like 16-21?

No MP5 just explodes on contact if you watch the 2004 video youll see he does this when he's fighting the combine in the house, he shoots it out the vidow and it makes this big explosion the tire swing goes swinging. But my question if you threw like a regular grenade would the NPC pick it up and throw it back.

The combine will be sniffing the but end of my gun, or ill just set them on fire and watch them burn... *ehem*....

;)

I dont give a darn about childrens in video games. What does it matter? And theres nothing wrong with killing kids (in video games!). If you kill adults why not kids? And btw i dont think thats a kid, hes standing further down the deck or hes (she?) a midget....

Hes has to be a kid look at the proportions of his head to his body! :imu:

i will push him off the bridge and watch his dead body float after i cap his ass

isn't it the ultimate series that has had kids attack the protagonist every game, so you are not shunned for killing them?

Back