Choose your weapon thread

jverne

Reaction score
You're in a extreme crisis area (total war, nuclear apocalypse, extreme natural disaster,...), basically where there is no unified law system and it's pretty much everyman to himself.

Choose your weapon, but only realistic ones...so tanks, tactical nukes, plasma guns are not a real option. At best what you can get at gun shops, police stations and army depots. Trust me you probably don't know how to drive a tank and probably not even shoot a rocket launcher, so don't be an idiot.
Explaining your decision is obligatory! (edited because of Kinetic's demand)

ONE PRIMARY WEAPON AND ONE SECONDARY!

Primary:

Heckler & Koch MP7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Vjt96zfNg&feature=related

Small, lightweight, portable. Enough firepower for most cases, especially close quarters where you'd most need one. Silencer would be desired.

Secondary:

S&W 686
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJh4CCKO_U

Revolver...tough, reliable. .357 cartridge. Either that or a Glock 17

Ehh i just found the mp7 uses specialized ammo i'd probably never find. Hmm...have to find an alternative. maybe an mp5, but that's too bulky for carrying it around.

Your turn

edit: MP5K it is then
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5oF5OH-IgU

And btw, as soon i get enough money i'm getting me a glock, or the S&W.

G36C

Lightweight materials
Foldable stock, combined with the shorter barrel of the C variant makes it quite compact for a rifle
Uses the same ammunition as the common M4/16. (5.56x45mm NATO)
Can be disassembled without any tools
Can use 100rd drum mags
Mounting rails for sights, scopes, flashlights, lasers, vertical grips
Heckler & Koch reliability
Sexy as hell

If I had to go with something smaller I might pick the MP7 too. Or perhaps MP5K if ammo is a problem.

Edit: Oh, didn't read the thread closely.

For my secondary... Uhm.. Glock 18 I guess? I'm not really into pistols.

Hey so no short posts or else this becomes a forum game. Explain your answers, and elaborate.

I chose the AK47 as a main weapon, easy to maintain, reliable, not a burden to carry.

As a secoundary weapon, Id go for a reliable pistol, I here good things about the Glock.

Duct tape and WD40 for all other problems.

I chose the AK47 as a main weapon, easy to maintain, reliable, not a burden to carry.

As a secoundary weapon, Id go for a reliable pistol, I here good things about the Glock.

Duct tape and WD40 for all other problems.

The AK is 4kg without ammo. Considering all the other gear you'd have with you, it would be a pain in the ass to carry it around.

The Glock is probably one of the best guns ever made in all history...so yeah, it kicks ass!

The AK is 4kg without ammo. Considering all the other gear you'd have with you, it would be a pain in the ass to carry it around.

The Glock is probably one of the best guns ever made in all history...so yeah, it kicks ass!
But you have to think about it's servicability and how well it operates in all different weather conditions.

AK47 for me.

It's cheap, reliable, packs a punch and easily available.

Also for my pistol I choose Glock 18.

I think it would be important to take some sort of survival book as well, in the situations above knowledge will be you most valuable weapon.

Katana, because of superior nippon craftsmanship.

Indeed, desert eagle, maybe you'll get one shot on target in a combat situation. If it's a zombie or a bear, then OK, otherwise - you're as good as dead.

Come on, start thinking, you're families lives may one day depend on it!

Axe... and a durable modern composite bow.

I'll be a mountain man... and my no gun is going to help me chop down a tree. I'll be able to chop wood for shelter, warmth, and even my own wooden weapons. I'll be able to keep my axe sharp and use it to make myself some arrows for my composite bow. It won't beat somebody out in the open... but I'm gonna be a mountain man and use stealth and terrain to my advantage... all the while people are travelling from city to city trying to find more ammunition that will become increasingly rare.

The axe will also come in handy splitting through human bone for that sweet sweet marrow.

AK47 - Reliable rifle that I already have experience with. There are plenty available just incase you have to make a repair or exchange and it's just straight up sexy looking.

My secondary would probably be a bowie knife. The Ak47 is able to handle short to medium and even long range so I really think I could manage with just one firearm. The knife could come in handy in alot of situations where your gun could be useless.

AS Val

http://world.guns***/assault/as_val1.jpg
Caliber: 9x39 mm (SP-5, SP-6)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 6 lugs
Length: 875 mm / 615 mm (stock open / folded)
Barrel length: 200 mm
Effective range: 400 meters
Weight: 2,96 kg empty
Magazine capacity: 10 or 20 rounds

The Special Forces, generally known as “Spetsnaz” (after the Russian term “Voiska Spetsialnogo Naznacheniya” – Special Purpose Troops), always played a key role in Soviet Military Doctrine. One of the aspects of every Special Forces is that they prefer to operate stealthily, with as little sound and flash as possible from their weapons. The first generation Spetsnaz weapons were no more than AK and AKM rifles, fitted with quick-detachable sound suppressors, and loaded with special subsonic ammunition with heavy bullets. Apparently, this was not enough, since in the mid-1980s the development of new, more effective silenced weapons was initiated. At first, designers from TSNIITOCHMASH in the city of Klimovsk developed a special-purpose 9 mm subsonic cartridges, known as 9x39 SP-5 and SP-6, based on necked-out 7.62 x 39 case. These cartridges were fitted with heavy (about 16-17 gram) standard “ball” or armour piercing bullets, with muzzle velocities about 280-300 metres per second.

Having the ammunition, the team at TSNIITOCHMASH, lead by P. Serdyukov, developed a family of integrally silenced 9 mm weapons, which included the VSS “Vintorez” silenced sniper rifle and the AS “Val” silenced assault rifle. Both weapons are based on the same action and integrally silenced barrel. AS is widely used by Russian Army recon units, as well as by MVD (Internal Affairs Ministry) and FSB (Federal Security Bureau) Special Forces.

The AS is a gas operated, integrally silenced weapon. The receiver is machined from steel forging for improved strength. The long stroke gas piston is located above the barrel, and rigidly attached to the bolt carrier. The rotating bolt has six lugs and locks into the receiver. The front part of the barrel, ahead of the gas port, has several sets of holes, drilled at the bottom of the rifling grooves. These holes are used to bleed some of the gun gas into the integral silencer. The trigger unit is somewhat similar to that of the Czech-made Sa. Vz.58 assault rifle, and is striker-fired. The safety lever is similar to the one found on all Kalashnikov-type rifles, but the fire mode selector is a separate cross-bolt type button, located within the trigger guard, just behind the trigger. The open sights are graduated up to 400 meters in 25 meter increments, but the actual effective range is about 200-300 meters due to the rainbow-shaped trajectory of the subsonic bullets. The AS is optimized for high performance armor piercing 9 x 39 ammunition, designated as SP-6, but can also fire “ball” type SP-5 ammunition, intended for VSS sniper rifles. The pistol grip and the short forearm are made from polymer, the skeletonized, side-folding butt is made from steel tubing. The AS rifle has a standard side-mounted rail for optical, night vision or red dot scopes. It has no provision for mounting a bayonet or a grenade launcher. The integral silencer could be easily detached for maintenance, repair, or compact storage, but the rifle shall not be fired with the silencer removed due to safety and reliability issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJd...A804042B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19
Secondary:
http://world.guns***/handguns/fnp45-2.jpg
Type Double Action semiautomatic
Caliber(s) .45ACP (11.43x25)
Weight unloaded 930 g / 32.4oz
Length 200 mm / 7.85"
Barrel length 114 mm / 4.5"

Magazine capacity 14 rounds (10 where required by law)
FNP 45 pistol is the next step in evolution of the FNP 9 / FNP 40 pistols line. First announced in 2007, the FNP 45 is just one of the many new, modern .45 caliber pistols which recently hit the civilian and law enforcement markets in USA. The increased interest in full-size, high capacity .45ACP pistols can be in part attributed to the several unsuccessful attempts of US armed forces to re-adopt this cartridge over the 9x19 NATO in the search of better stopping power. The same reason (combat effectiveness / stopping power) causes many police organizations and civilian shooters to re-think the role of the century-old .45ACP round. FNH USA, the US-based subsidiary of the famous Belgian arms-making company FN Herstal, took this cartridge and developed this serious service-type pistol. Based on its predecessors, FNP 45 is somewhat bigger and heavier than its 9mm/.40 caliber 'older brothers', and is best suited for holster carry. It features improved ergonomics, with fully ambidextrous controls and modular grip backstrap. Front of the frame is shaped to form Picatinny rail which can accept a wide variety of accessories like laser sights or tactical lights. The modular hammer units for FNP 45 are available in two versions - with manual safety that permits "cocked and locked" carry or with decock-only function (gun shall be carried with hammer lowered over the loaded chamber).

The FNP 45 is short recoil operated, locked breech pistol. The barrel is operated using a Browning cam system, and it locks to slide with single lug engaging large ejection port. Frame is made from high impact-resistant polymer. Double Action trigger system with exposed hammer has internal firing pin safety, with decocking or safety levers located at the both sides of the frame. Firing pin safety is standard, and the magazine safety is optional. The trigger / hammer module is formed as a single unit, easily detachable from the frame for inspection, maintenance or replacement. Optional hammer units can be found in DAO variety or in standard DA version but with manual safety / decock levers instead of the basic decock-only levers. Other easily replaceable units include the barrel cradle / slide rail module and the grip backstraps. Grip backstraps are available in two variations, with straight or curved shape. Standard sights are provided with white inserts and are dovetailed into the slide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1g81KZGo64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11vSd5OmDY&feature=related

Axe... and a durable modern composite bow.

I'll be a mountain man... and my no gun is going to help me chop down a tree. I'll be able to chop wood for shelter, warmth, and even my own wooden weapons. I'll be able to keep my axe sharp and use it to make myself some arrows for my composite bow. It won't beat somebody out in the open... but I'm gonna be a mountain man and use stealth and terrain to my advantage... all the while people are travelling from city to city trying to find more ammunition that will become increasingly rare.

Being an archer...i do somewhat agree with you, but a composite bow has it's fair share of maintenance, more than a gun for instance. Strings last 2 years on moderate shooting, arrows get lost, cams de-sync,...And no way in hell you're gonna make a wood arrow for a compound bow, it's gonna shatter in your face.
Bows also need a fair amount of training. You might want to take a look at recurve crossbows...simple design and very accurate.

Actually a crossbow for hunting and a glock for self defense would be a very good combination. x/Bows have the advantage of being virtually silent. No unwanted attraction and stuff. If you pile up enough arrows and a few sets of strings plus some limbs and maintenance equipment (oli, wax) you're pretty much set for 20+ years of effective shooting.

excalibur_crossbow_exomax.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWTOM0GJVU
this is how it works people

btw...bows can be also good for river fishing.

I choose: My Own Damn Fists.

clenched_fist.jpg

If you can't fight and win on your own then you shouldn't be fighting to begin with. That's how I see it... though no one will ever agree with me and guns are explosions in a tube.

I'll fight with your fists too.

Let me go get my axe.

Depends on the event but I'd have to go with:

Scoped magnum:

Ruger_Redhawk_Burris_Scope_2_.JPG

and Wakizashi:

Dragonfly_Wakizashi_M.jpg

Both being reliable. If I have to, I'd otherwise switch the mag out with a glock.

Am I the only one that thinks a scoped handgun is ridiculous?

Riot Shield would be nice to have lying around because

A) you may run out of ammo and have to use melee weapons
B) you can use it to slide down a snowy surface (i live in a cold environment)
C) its intimidating

the riot shield is not a primary or a secondary weapon, it is simply a tool

My Primary weapon would probably be
FN SCAR Though it is not used officially by any country because it has just been developed. This gun has huge potential. It is already used by Special Forces of Most NATO countries. The FN SCAR has the power of a battle rifle but the rapid fire of a machine gun with out much kickback. This makes the weapon unique.
fnscarlstandard_1.jpg

thank you COD:MW2 for intruding me to this gun

Secondary would be the Mossberg 590
it has an 8 round mag, its a pump, and its awesome!

leg holstered weapon would be probably a small 9mm handgun. i'm not big on guns, or ammo for that matter, but i have fired off some rounds at my brother in laws for a few hours and it was a blast.

i'd also have some handy laser sights, flashlights for the shotty, and some flares, smoke bombs, food, etc

as for the melee weapon, a steel pipe is good, because baseball bats crack and knifes need to be sharp. i have a sword but have no training. also combat knife would be on my person at all times, even in the shower

and last but not least small flame throwers. i've made them before with simple ingredients. lighter, hairspray bottle...done!
also by taping 3 spray paint bottles together you can make a cheap $3 explosion granted you have a gun or raging fire going

"Riot Shield would be nice to have lying around because

C) its intimidating"

Remember, it could never stop a bullet.

You're as good as dead with those weapons.

Desert eagle, most impractical commercial pistol ever.

Full auto shotgun, bwahaha...really?!
You won't be laughing on the other side of an AA-12. You can even load 32 grenade rounds into that bitch. Drum means I can put another 32 rounds in and ready to fire in moments.

The .50 cal DE is for Elephants, Bears, Zombies, and myself - if I get infected.

OK, this choice was mainly for fun. I'll admit it's not practical at all. But shit, you're talking about a ****ing crossbow.

I'm sticking with impracticality, but I'd exchange the D.E. for one of my favorites - a classic Thompson submachine gun with a 100 round drum.

800px-Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg

"Riot Shield would be nice to have lying around because

C) its intimidating"

Remember, it could never stop a bullet.

i was mainly pointing out that the riot shield is so much more than any woman could ever be.....wait a minute

I'd have my war bride in a wedding dress next to me too, that way if i needed to get out of a situation, or use her as a secret hostage, she'd go berserk and kill everyone similar to the destruction that Tanya in Red Alert caused.

It's no AK but it's just as reliable and much lighter.

True, but try aiming it accuratley. Unless you have extensive handgun training the average person can't hit the broad side of a barn with an unsupported handgun at more than 30 feet. Adding a scope just makes it worse, as if you're aiming down it from your perspective every little movement you make is exaggerated.

Infact, thats a general point on handguns - in a survival situation you're much better off carrying additional ammunition for a rifle type weapon than carrying a handgun - using one effectivly is difficult, which is why they're rare in military issue and why most militaries have spent most of the last century trying to replace them with more effective weapons for troops who need a light weight, small weapon but don't have the time to continually train with handguns. The average person is much better off with a carbine or submachine gun than a handgun as firing off the shoulder is much easier to do in an effective manner than use a handgun.

Anyway...

In an ideal world where I'm prepared I'd take a Kal Tec SU-16C. Uses a common, low recoil, acceptibly accurate round (5.56x45mm, has a rifling twist of 1:9 so can effecitly use both the old M193 type and ammuntion and the current M855 type), uses common magazines (M16 type) is light weight (2.1kg unloaded, less than half the weight of the AK-47), features a folding stock (and can be fired while the stock is folded), features a picatinny rail on top of the reciever which allows for the use of optics but retains open sights should they be required, its reliable, can be disassembled without tools (and so is easy to maintain), features an integrated bipod, is semi-automatic (so theres no temptation to put it into full auto and waste a great deal of ammunition, but is fast enough to use in a suppression role against another human and for follow up shots against game incase the first round isn't a clean kill) and is compact. However, I live in the UK so if the apocalypse happened tomorrow I'd be pretty stuffed when it came to having an "ideal" firearm for such a situation.

For my secondary a sharpened entrenching tool never goes a miss. You can hack someone to death with it as well as use it for a variety of other purposes, such as digging holes or use it as a frying pan.

Full auto shotgun, bwahaha...really?!

If you go for 12gauge
http://world.guns***/shotgun/sh19-e.htm
this is what you want.

The AA-12 is 12 gauge, features a much larger magazine than the M1014 (either 8 round box, 20 or 32 round drum) and according to the manufacturer does not require maintinance. at all (this is obviously a lie, but it is never the less very reliable from the tests I've seen). The only major issue is that it is rather bulky and heavy (as is the ammunition, which makes 12g a poor choice in general).

To be honest, auto shotguns in general are a less than ideal choice as low pressure rounds may cause the action not to cylce fully (this is more an issue with shotguns than, say, rifles as rifle and pistol ammuntion tends to be more uniform in loading). To be honest, in any situation where reliabilty is paramount you're much better off with a bolt/pump/lever-action weapon of any kind than an automatic.

Right, now, as I said at the begining of my post, the SU-16C is very much what I would choose to have. In all likleyhood, I'm more probably to end up with either a break barrel shotgun (single/double barrel) or a manually operated rifle/shotgun than an automatic (and much more likley than getting a handgun other than a muzzle loading perucssion revolver).

Warped's source said:
FN SCAR Though it is not used officially by any country because it has just been developed. This gun has huge potential. It is already used by Special Forces of Most NATO countries. The FN SCAR has the power of a battle rifle but the rapid fire of a machine gun with out much kickback. This makes the weapon unique.

Lies. The SCAR is currently in use by SOCOM (who you know, commisioned its design) but is not used outside US forces. Also, which SCAR? SCAR-L (the one which is pictured in your post, which uses the same 5.56x45mm rounds as the M16) or the SCAR-H which uses the much more powerful (and much heavier) 7.62x51mm round used in the FN FAL, FN MAG/M240, etc? Which barrel length? Which barrel profile? And of course, where the hell you gunna get one? They're only issued to US Special Forces and currently being priority shipped to units in theatre, so there arn't many about in the US.

Also, the "without much kickback" is somewhat inaccurate. It has similar performance to other weapons that use the same cartridge (infact, the L version actually has heavier recoil than the M4A1 it replaced as it uses a gas piston system which has more weight moving to the rear than the direct gas system used in AR-10 derived weapons). The reasons for its adopton were its greater reliabilty than rifles with direct gas and allowing it to replace most of the weapons in SOCOM's inventory (M4A1, M14, M16, etc) with a single weapon design so an operator can easily move between the L and H version with minimal retraining.

As for having "the power of a battle rifle and the rapid fire of a machinegun", well, pretty much all battle rifles do. The only major exception is the Britsh Commonwealth L1A1 SLR which is semiautomatic only in its normal configuration, but the weapons in that class (FN FAL, H&K G3 and Springfield M14) all have full auto.

Another thing, as a general point, it would be wise to aviod items which require battery power (such as red dot sights, holosights and laser sights) as while they may make life easier in the short term once the batteries run down they're dead weight and you'll be forced to rely on your open sights (assuming you didn't need to take them off the weapon to fit the new sighting device) wich is likely to result in a drop in accuracy as you're not practiced in propper marksmanship (which is why militaries around the world still train recruits to shoot accurately with open sights before giving them optics to ensure they have a propper grasp of the principles of marksmanship.

Primary - Daewoo K-1 5.56mm Carbine/SMG

400px-K1rifle.jpg

Daewoo_K1A_SMG_at_Defense_Asia_2006_0.jpg

Weight 2.87 kg
Length 838 mm (stock extended)
653 mm (stock retracted)
Cartridge 5.56x45mm NATO
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 900 rounds/min

Main reason is because as a Korean, I believe it is my patriotic duty to shoot foreign devils and undead monstrosities with a gun made in the homeland. Secondly because it is compact, and yet packs the punch of 5.56mm NATO rounds. It's more reliable than the M16, and combines the advantages of the AK series with the M16 military rifles. Also, the unique sound of the K1A and the K2 will help identify me to freindly forces in the surrounding area. Also, the structure and general body is designed to be fitted to the average Korean, making this a more comfortable weapon of choice. Also, it uses the same magazine as the M16, so I'll be able to scavenge ammo from the dead bodies of US, NATO, and other western forces.

Secondary - FN Five-seveN

[
Five-seveN_USG.jpg
Compact, lightweight, and carries a lot of ammo (20 rounds) per magazine. Also the 5.7 round has less recoil than 9mm rounds. Only problem would be that 5.7 rounds would be fairly hard to find. Besides, I like the look.

Weight 617 g (1.36 lb) empty
744 g (1.64 lb) loaded
Length 208 mm (8.2 in)
Cartridge 5.7x28mm
Action Delayed blowback

Or I'll take a Daewoo K5 pistol - triple action mechanism, 9mm, fairly compact, and very reliable.

jverne "I like rape" Sampson said:
You're in a extreme crisis area (total war, nuclear apocalypse, extreme natural disaster,...), basically where there is no unified law system and it's pretty much everyman to himself.

I suppose the disaster, one of which is quite a real threat, will be when the New World Order decrees the world population must not raise above 500,000,000.

That's roughly 5.5 billion mother****ers too many to them, and considering they own most of the food we eat, most of the media we watch, the clothes we wear, the guns you'll probably use, etc. etc. the only way to stop them from achieving this would be if roughly 5.5 billion mother****ers stood up for themselves and fought back.

So I suppose the boil the disaster down to a general term, it'd be: Global Civil War between people and World Government.

i.e. Resistance VS Combine, if you're still a little stumped.

Generally the people around where I live would be unarmed thanks to gun laws etc. I doubt the Army would be like "Okay bro, just help yourselves to these weapons." So I'm just going to refrain from stating some stupidly state-of-the-art weapon that is probably worth more in dirty nwo-money than your life apparently is.

(I also lol'd at how jverne told people not to be idiots.)

Anyway.

Before I'd go about popping riot police and looting stores with full ferocity, I'd probably go down to the local A-Mart All Sports and grab a small metal bat like this.

Supposed Primary Weapon: Metal Baseball Bat
VXWAdult%20Baseball%20Bat.jpg

One of these coming to the back of your skull is all I need to know. **** all this "5.56x45mm NATO Approved Hippy Shooting Conveniently-Dick-Sized-Barrel" gun porn shit.

Say goodbye to your kneecaps, chucklehead.

So thinking a bit more realistically, the most I could would probably be able to grab is a glock at the local police station, assuming Police are still even allowed to use those these days. (They'd sure as hell will during this situation, down the track.)

So yeah, secondary weapon would be a glock.

25-Glock-17-3.jpg

"OH BUT DANIMAL WHY IS THAT YOUR SECONDARY?!"

Simple. I've never fired a gun before. The closest I could ever get would be catching a train up to Brisbane with my turkish friend, his father is the manager of some shooting range and I doubt I'd be firing anything deadlier than a glock or a .22 or something.

But think about it. Do you think you'll have infinite bullets for your AR1337"I have self-esteem issues"301 Standard Issue Dick Stroker Gun? You think you can just bust into a gun shop and find all that expensive, apparently awesome ammo around?

Not that I ****ing know of. You need to ration that shit. While you assholes are limping around lugging your over-the-top futuristic guns and complaining to me about how you only have 3 rounds left 'cause that shadow on the tunnel-wall we walked through an hour ago scared the shit out of you (Hence firing everything everywhere.) I'll probably have more rounds than you. I'll probably be less pooped than you too 'cause unless it's an AK or something you've got sorta'-heavy shit to carry.

Another reason why I don't go for something that cuts down mofos quicker than jverne's reputation as a good member of the forums would probably be because I would get my fuc­king ass kicked by riot police. The weapons I'd be taking are purely defence, nothing more. You guys would be sitting in the back of a Green Police Paddywagon, going to be sacraficed in an Occult ritual to power the flesh-and-bone war machine of the NWO, because you guys thought you could take it head on.

Fu­ck that. I'll be legging it to the woods. (Assuming most of the world's road networks won't end up like Texas'. That ****ing super-mega-highway you guys are building is designed to keep people in controlled pockets of civilization. Beyond these highways would be untouched wilderness.

You mofos will be dead.

/takes medication

Considering I live in Singapore, the closest thing i could probably get my hands on is my Bass Guitar. Which wouldn't last for long, so it would be a Knife tied to the end of a broomstick.

Even if i did find a SAR 21 or a MP5, i'd never find enough ammo for myself. Unless i am in the army at that point in time. In which case, my most probably primary weapon would be the SAR-21 due to it being the only common weapon that i would be able to find, realistic as it is.
sar21_2.jpg

A big fat heavy bomb vest full of those metal marbles and a loudspeaker.
I'd simply walk around shouting "if you shoot me ill **** you up!"
On a more serious note:

MP7 and a FMG-9 (glock in a box). both use 9mm ammo, and are very durable and accurate.
I'd carry the fmg-9 as a flashlight and strap the mp7 to my backpack.
Otherthings i'd take with me:
-flint, mirror, rope with hook, small cooking pot, sleepingbag, raingear, a good tactical knife, water bottle, good shoes, a map of holland, paper and pens, cigs papers and weed, condoms. lolol.

(awesome)​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzlTEysYVU

MP7 and a FMG-9 (glock in a box). both use 9mm ammo,

Sorry buddy, the MP7 does not use 9mm ammo. It was specifically designed as a solution to needing a PDW with armor piercing capability. 9mm is not suitable for this. If it was, people would stick with the MP5K or something.

Do a bit of research next time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7

Also Danimal what's so hard about finding 5.56 rounds in America, home of the M16?

Like I have lived in America long enough to know this.

It doesn't really have anything to do with living in America. Many countries use 5.56. Just look at that gun Numbers posted, or Azner, or how we're all saying it's a common cartridge. If you don't know about this kind of stuff, why would you rant and yell at us saying we're dumb for what we picked?

Also this makes no sense: "'cause unless it's an AK or something you've got sorta'-heavy shit to carry." the AK is like the heaviest gun posted in this thread so far (especially with the heavier 7.62 ammo) and several people have said its weight is the worst part about it, and offered lighter weight alternatives.

So basically, did you read anything in the thread?

lol vegeta

Would you have a plan to go the nearest source of 5.56 after a natural disaster hit?

There are like 50 gunshops within a 50 mile radius of me. I'm betting most of them carry it.

There are like 50 gunshops within a 50 mile radius of me. I'm betting most of them carry it.

Yeah... they can't even keep the shelves stocked because a black man is president(let's not even discuss that... I say it merely to incite), let alone because of a nuclear holocaust.

But you would know that if you cared about politics, wouldn't you!

Back