Close calls

I also fell down a staircase...when I was like 13. Big bump on my head. Still there 2 years later.

And my friend stabbed me in the arm with a pencil. Missed my veins though. Mark is still there. So now I'm down to 5 :(.

I was standing right next to my housephone once... and RING RING... damn, that was a close call.

oldagerocker said:
I was standing right next to my housephone once... and RING RING... damn, that was a close call.

Literally, lawl :D

Shens said:
That sounds odd....

How long were you under water? It seems as if you were there for hours...

:O

I wasn't under there for long I don't think.. I don't remember any of it, this is just from what my parents have told me

SHIPPI said:
I wasn't under there for long I don't think.. I don't remember any of it, this is just from what my parents have told me

Maybe they're just trying to create a fear of water so you never sail away, The Truman Show Style? ;)

And Shodan, the doctors did a very good job reconstructing my spine...

I took a pretty nasty fall, probably about 25 ft. attempting to climb Montezuma's Tower in Colorado.

Here's a pic:
1365.jpg

Other than that, probably just some close calls skiing.

was crossing a crosswalk in my neighboorhood when this idiot in a 300zx wizz's bye doin about 120kph, in a fifty zone. I swear to god if i moved one one inch foward i would have been hit... scary as hell :angry:

PEACE

Mike

I was riding my bike home, when I suddenly got an extremely bad headache. So I stopped on the side of the road and kind of tilted my head to the side trying to get it to stop. Then a school bus goes flying by me almost half way off the road and the mirror goes within half an inch of the side of my head. Headache stopped right after that though. If I didn't stop and tilt my head to the side that mirror probably would have knocked my head off. I wonder what the hell a school bus was doing driving half way off the road while speeding...

auron said:
I was riding my bike home, when I suddenly got an extremely bad headache. So I stopped on the side of the road and kind of tilted my head to the side trying to get it to stop. Then a school bus goes flying by me almost half way off the road and the mirror goes within half an inch of the side of my head. Headache stopped right after that though. If I didn't stop and tilt my head to the side that mirror probably would have knocked my head off. I wonder what the hell a school bus was doing driving half way off the road while speeding...

Trying to lob your head off apparently!!

lets see:

3 ish decided to ride tri cycle down slide, ended up going of the top landing on stupdily placed mini wall raising the flower begs and cracking head open, tryke falling on top of me didnt help matters- went to hospital " no concussion"

6 ish running aorund swimming pool slipping up and smacking my head one- " minor concussion"

blasting it on sister rocking horse when i was 7 fell of and put my head through 2 inches of solid limestone taking a chunk of it about 15 x 5 x2 ( ll x hh x dd )

rope swing in tree climbed to where swing was attached, pulled it up stuck my foot int he whole jumped down, very dumb. go foot caught when i tried to jump off swung round smakcked my head fell off nearly broke my spine( kinda bent it backwards at almost a right angle to the back bit of my pelvis,) and ended up unable to walk cos of pain for a week .- to get home i had to climb over a 6 foot wall- i was like 5 foot 5, had to get all my mates too push me over

walking along top of wall, wall broke one leg either side tore skin of innerds of each leg completly, that hurt had to have a dettol bath in Emergency room, that was even more painful

runing down an embankment onto a road(chasing a mate at full speed), slipped managed to make it across road stumbling gave up smashed my pelvis into the curb on otherside of road, lost ability to walk again

playing throw the handful of keys on a key ring game as hard as possible at each other genre at school, needless to say runin into position they smacked me in the back of my head and i went down like a sack of bricks pissing blood :p

skateboarding in high winds decided to sail with my jacket got hit by a cross wind went complety head over heels landed on my head knocking me out, that really really hurt had a headache all day with lotsa dizzyness

tried to pressure ollie of of a phonebox( uk one) no grip on the top of them things ended up landing on one foot at odd angle somehow managed to not break it , tho my ankle was almost completly anialhated for a few weeks

think that is about the extent of nething that i really remember:p

when i was about 12, i was spending a week with my dad (my parents are divorced) and he lived in one of those prebuilt neighborhood deals, well anyway we were at the pool and there was only a few of us there, maybe 5 people total counting my dad and I. Anyway, i was piddling around in the water talking with this woman who was swimming in the shallow end. We're talking and she tells me she never learned how to swim, so I being the boy genius i was told her i would teach her. We start out simple, swimming around in the shallow end not touching the bottom, then i grab one of the life preservers for her to hold on and we swam out to the deep end. She was holding onto it and i was swimming next to her, so she would get comfortable. The little life preserver (the lifesaver kind) slipped out from under her arms and she panicked, she grabbed me by the shoulders and shoved me kicking in the head repeatedly trying to stand on me, i could not get out from under her. Until one of the fathers who was there watching his kid saw this and jumped in the water fully clothed and pulled the woman off me.

probably the closest call ive had in my life. I've been in a car when it flipped, that was close too, but i think being submerged in water would have been for sure had that man not been there.

I was being driven home by a friend after post-prom at 6 in the morning, and she fell asleep at the wheel. I was completely out of it, so I didnt do anything as we drove towards a giant concrete pillar, one of the supports for an overpass, at about 45 mph. She woke up just in time to swerve away.

Also:
Joims said:
blasting it on sister rocking horse
?

o yeah another time was tkaing a ride on vert in viccy park which is one of the biggest in uk got to the to n put to much weight opn back trcuks in front turned needless to say i deciede jumping was best survival bet:p landed on my head got up clean int he ol physcial no damage sense, was rather dusty tho

I woke up one night unable to breath cause my throat was clogged with mucous... it felt like forever before I finally got air back into my lungs, but it was probably around 30 seconds or so, maybe longer, scared the shit out of my parents

When i was like 10 or so I ran into barbed wire, the barb missed my eye by like a mm, and even if it wouldn't have meant death it would've meant i'd only have one eye

Back