Clueless employee response #447 (but kind of a good sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoHippyChic

The Freeman
Reaction score
For what it's worth:

I stopped by CompUSA on the way home from work today and to amuse myself, I asked what they had for a release date. I figured they'd spout off whatever is listed on the website (Nov. something), but after repeating it 3 times, and spelling it out twice, she found it in the computer and mumbled, "it says "IO"". She then turned to drone #2 and said: "doesn't that mean it's ordered, or something?" and he said "that means it's on its way". Then she said to me "yeah, they usually put it in here like a week before, so it should it should be in in a week or two at the most".

Total speculation here, but I'm guessing IO stands for "Incoming Order" and it's on its way. At least I have to think that, to keep from exploding...

Anyone care to check with their local CompUSA? Or any employees (non-clueless) of CompUSA here who can confirm?

Thanks! It was a quick and dirty edit of the iMac girl, but turned out kind of low-quality. I think I need a better source image..

Originally posted by TechnoHippyChic
For what it's worth:

I stopped by CompUSA on the way home from work today and to amuse myself, I asked what they had for a release date. I figured they'd spout off whatever is listed on the website (Nov. something), but after repeating it 3 times, and spelling it out twice, she found it in the computer and mumbled, "it says "IO"". She then turned to drone #2 and said: "doesn't that mean it's ordered, or something?" and he said "that means it's on its way". Then she said to me "yeah, they usually put it in here like a week before, so it should it should be in in a week or two at the most".

Total speculation here, but I'm guessing IO stands for "Incoming Order" and it's on its way. At least I have to think that, to keep from exploding...

Anyone care to check with their local CompUSA? Or any employees (non-clueless) of CompUSA here who can confirm?

Hope this isn't like the thread posted on here last night where a dude claimed that Sam's Club had "Vivendy H2SP" in their stock list for upcoming shipments...turned out to be fake.

Keekles, that would pwn so much.
Only God in heaven knows how in the hell Vivendi is keeping this from being leaked.

Man I was going to stop by CompUSA tonight and never did. If I go tomorrow I'll be sure to ask.

everyone call their compusa and check if it's true... i called mine

Hmm...

Quik... you're a little devil! Cool, but devilish. I was thinking that you were talking about that in the other thread (can't rememer what it was called). If this is all true, then I think we can safely say that HL2 will be available to us next week. If not on the 30th, then later that week.

Well if that wasnt a sweeping generalization i dont know what is.

Originally posted by nomicron
he's a headcrab, has to be fake

;/
Some of the most competant people on this forum that I know, happen to be Headcrabs bud. I wish people would stop assuming that we're all clueless newbies.

;/

spitcodfry was a Headcrab, and look what he brought to the table. :afro:

;/

so are you and i doesnt mean its a fake......you headcrap you..

I didn't think headcrabs were allowed to say that about other headcrabs. C'mon, we gotta stick together, man :)

Also, good info if it's right. Hope it is...

On hold ATM with local CompUSA, will get back to you in a moment.

For what it's worth:

I love you.

Originally posted by Axium
On hold ATM with local CompUSA, will get back to you in a moment.

Yea I think I'm going to call right now. Good idea!

Website still says November, but I would rather take the word of a person, than a website. Hope to see more confirmations soon.

@Quik - Definately!

Quik, as soon as I get my broadband access, I'll definately stop by your server.

Had to beg/plead with the guy to check the item's database.
He said the status showed "IO", but wasn't sure what that meant.
I just said thank you and hung up.

Now... YAY! OMFG! WOOT!

For what it's worth:

You're one of the more reputable posters here...
DEAR GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

Maybe the clueless employee made a mistake.... and told info they were not supposed to tell!

maybe valve forgot to pay-off compUSA as part of their skeem to keep the realease date a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back