Clueless employee response #447 (but kind of a good sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she and her friend were really fans of Half-Life 2 and they did this as a prank, knowing you would probably continue to go home and post the even on a video game forum.

Originally posted by MistaB
Maybe the clueless employee made a mistake.... and told info they were not supposed to tell!

haha we were thinking the same thing, lets be friends.

lol. Everyone ask the dudes if it says IO on their computer

Originally posted by spitcodfry
My store has Nov 14 in their computers
I called a few days ago and the status was still marked as "Nov 14", but that has obviously changed since then.
I'll try to figure out what "IO" really means tomorrow, have a friend that works at CompUSSR.

Well if it's shipping to CompUSA doesn't that mean that it has gone gold already? I don't think it's likely.

Haha, I called my and the automated availability checker thing wasn't working. Must have just got modded with calls.

Originally posted by TechnoHippyChic
Thanks! It was a quick and dirty edit of the iMac girl, but turned out kind of low-quality. I think I need a better source image..

All hail the chic, i know worship you.

Originally posted by Hawk8250
Spit? C'mon man! Give us hope! Don't drop us da bomb!

What was weird is the guy first said 'we're expecting a shipment in on (a?) friday' so I'm all like oh my god yes! But after he said friday he said nov 14 and i was like wtf? Don't put the day of the week in front of the date and month!

I'll try to figure out what "IO" really means tomorrow, have a friend that works at CompUSSR.
CompUSSR... hahaha.

I'm trying to find someone who works at CompUSA from a few of the local communities I'm involved in.

Yes, I know we all do. I went to my local EB yesterday and put down $5 for them to hold a copy for me. The rep looked at me and said, you're going to be waiting a long time buddy. I just said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

This does NOT mean it is being shipped. Gabe specified that they would notify retailers it had gone gold BEFORE shipping.

Yes, I know we all do. I went to my local EB yesterday and put down $5 for them to hold a copy for me. The rep looked at me and said, you're going to be waiting a long time buddy. I just said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

What an asshole...I'm sick and tired of these idiots giving customers their opinions based on nothing. Just do your ****in job and shut up. We need robots for retail now

ive never been to a compusa, dun really care for em

but im gonna investigate IO

To bad that the nearest CompUSA for me is about a 3.5 hour drive away. Doh!

Ive pre orderd hl2 at 2 different places just too be sure.
If I get them at the same time il just give away a copy too my mom

He also never said WHEN he said it was going gold. For all we know he could tell us on the 30th that it went gold on the 20th. He always leaves that one word out that makes us all wonder what he mean. I JUST LOVE IT!

last time i went there i got a 180gig hard drive with 8mg cach sorry for off topic i just wanted to brag on the price i got

Originally posted by Axium
Had to beg/plead with the guy to check the item's database.
He said the status showed "IO", but wasn't sure what that meant.
I just said thank you and hung up.

Now... YAY! OMFG! WOOT!

If you and Chic are telling the truth, and IO does indeed stand for incoming order (and not something made up on the spot by that employee), it looks like HL2 is finally go for launch sequence.

Someone, PLEASE get a confirmation on the meaning of IO, and everyone else try to get your CompUSA to check the database.

- omlette

2 months isn't that long.......SOUNDS LIKE A CONSPIRICY! maybe valve did tell all the companies to lie about the release date! :bounce:

Originally posted by Phlek
He also never said WHEN he said it was going gold. For all we know he could tell us on the 30th that it went gold on the 20th. He always leaves that one word out that makes us all wonder what he mean. I JUST LOVE IT!

I don't. The suspense is driving me insanse! I want some ****ing answers!

This is the most nerve-wracking thread I'd seen in a while.

Originally posted by Whezzy
last time i went there i got a 180gig hard drive with 8mg cach sorry for off topic i just wanted to brag on the price i got

Sooooo what was the price? haha

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
This does NOT mean it is being shipped. Gabe specified that they would notify retailers it had gone gold BEFORE shipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong here spit, but didn't he just say they'd announce it going gold before release?

The whole GOLD thing doesn't mean anything to me. I was waiting for a game to go gold, come to find out that the GOLD date was slated for the next day. Guess what? The game was on shelves the next week. So Gold dates don't mean to much to me.

Originally posted by Phlek

No, he specifically said that he woulnd't just ship to retailers without them knowing. He said he would say it had gone gold before shipping, and if he did that we'd know if it was gold. Which we dont.

(does a google search for CompUSA and IO.)
Well... Nothing about orders, but if you need to know anything about Logitech IO digital devices, I got about 80 pages ;)

Well someone call COmpUSA and ask what IO on their computers mean. Itll take you 5 min.

My EBGames said Oct20th but they think it might be delayed again, haha.

The dude also said "This game is going to be AWESOME!" lol!

Originally posted by Bluechair
god forbid he does something without telling us...

Damn right! I wanna know when he's in the can! Take a webcame with you next time Gabe!

Oh my bad, thanks for clearing that up for me Lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back