Clueless employee response #447 (but kind of a good sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again: something being on order doesn't mean there is any definate delivery date. It just means that they've ordered some.

Aye, he said that... however a company can still have something for their recieving manager to look at. I work in the recieving department of my local OfficeMax. We'll usually get a tag saying what is due in about a week ahead of schedule. 'Course, then again, we go by week to week :)

I/O doesn't mean the games are physically being shipped at the moment, it means they are expecting an order in a week. So Gabe could be pretty sure the games done, ut maybe its not gold until tomorrow or something.

If I had to guess what IO meant, it would be "Incoming Order"

Not to mention gabe has never said any other date than the 30th.. How many times.

Yea, "Incoming Order" seems most realistic to me.

people think that he is like god and never says anything a little misleading or wrong...give the guy a break... I bet he gets like 2,000 emails a day asking when the game is coming out...do you think he is just toying with us..no...he has a company to run...he is trying to get the game out as soon as posible...the sooner it is out the more money they can make...believe me he doesn't want to spend any more money than he has too... labor = hella money...

to many to count, i swear to GABE HIMSELF!! The game is only being released on the 30th on steam only, Retail will get them a week to 2 later

just called local gamestop, and they say nov. 4 now...
eb says nov. 15...
where else should i call?

The excitement is growing... too bad that we still can't get a true confirmation.

It's 1 week away now :/ can't you get some patience, all this investigating into what IO means and stuff is so useless. just wait.

Yea I know MistaB, but that's the only one that would even remotely compare to a shipment or something.

Why aren't you guys calling your local CompUSSR. You're so giddy on wanting to know if this is real, just call the damn place.

I just called my local CompUSA. When i asked, the tool on the other end, laughed at me. I asked to speak to his manager. The tool stopped laughing.

His manager picked up and apologized for the rude behavor of his employee. He then went on to explain they have recieved several requests for the game in past hour and he has November for the shipping date.

I used to manage a warehouse for a local compusa, and that IO does mean its on order, and usually will be recieved within 2 weeks. But it could always change. Compusa's website says november I believe.

Originally posted by PatrickB
I used to manage a warehouse for a local compusa, and that IO does mean its on order, and usually will be recieved within 2 weeks. But it could always change. Compusa's website says november I believe.

Thanks for the info Patrick! :cheers:

Originally posted by coax
It's 1 week away now :/ can't you get some patience, all this investigating into what IO means and stuff is so useless. just wait.

There is truth in these words. I'll check back tomorrow to see if anything's gone down. I think you guys should take it easy, you're going crazy over what CompUSA is saying.

Originally posted by Stereo
I just called my local CompUSA. When i asked, the tool on the other end, laughed at me. I asked to speak to his manager. The tool stopped laughing.

His manager picked up and apologized for the rude behavor of his employee. He then went on to explain they have recieved several requests for the game in past hour and he has November for the shipping date.

Maybe the folks at the other Comp USA were screwing with techno hippy chic

To many things seem to be happening today to just "ignore it".
I mean, there is a post on the main page saying how they got insider info from Spit about them rolling out HL2 to Steam today, and now CompUSA is showing in their system "IO". Coincidence? I think not :D

E-mail Program Beta 1.0

TO: GABE NEWELL DOOD!
SUBJECT: WTF!!!!!!!!!
--
ORIG. MESSAGE:
--

HAE!, it is me!

I r just calling to ask when hl2 coming out!?

BYE BYE!
--
it already out

BYE!
--

Seems to be real...

i emailed compusa a couple mins ago hopfully i will get a reply soon

Haha, maybe me and Chic are calling the same CompUSA, because we're the only ones getting IO. Where you live at man?

Originally posted by Axium
To many things seem to be happening today to just "ignore it".
I mean, there is a post on the main page saying how they got insider info from Spit about them rolling out HL2 to Steam today, and now CompUSA is showing in their system "IO". Coincidence? I think not :D

Don't confuse my info with the 30th...Gabe never said dates...he just said in general that they'd begin pre-downloading the game a week away from release. They were still as tight lipped as ever about the release when I was there

Originally posted by manny_c44
There is truth in these words. I'll check back tomorrow to see if anything's gone down. I think you guys should take it easy, you're going crazy over what CompUSA is saying.

Yea, but we're going crazy over everything at this point. We're all so desperate to get some information lol

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Don't confuse my info with the 30th...Gabe never said dates...he just said in general that they'd begin pre-downloading the game a week away from release. They were still as tight lipped as ever about the release when I was there
My bad, misinterpreted it.

Desperation for information in the Digital Information Highway... who woulda thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back