cmon valve, are u serious???

Reaction score
Am I the only one dissapointed with this last hl2dm update??? Great we get model specific grunts and groans at death ..... but we still have the same 4 or 5 boring weapons. imo I would have much rather seen at leat 1 or 2 more weapons instead of model specific death sounds. To make matters worse the pistol bug was removed so not only have we a mediocre (choice- if you call it that) of weapons but the pistol is no longer worth using.
o and what really got me going was the update to the map dm_overwatch... anyone else notice the update? well its a wooden board across the stairs on the third floor of the main building that leads to the watch tower near the rpg. ( i personally wouldnt call that an update). I could go on but ill get flamed anyways...........

yes i love hl2 and valve - but im no valve fanboy, im disgusted

considering they added the dm for free after the game was released I'm not too concerned

wbcninjaofmist said:
Am I the only one dissapointed with this last hl2dm update??? Great we get model specific grunts and groans at death ..... but we still have the same 4 or 5 boring weapons. imo I would have much rather seen at leat 1 or 2 more weapons instead of model specific death sounds. To make matters worse the pistol bug was removed so not only have we a mediocre (choice- if you call it that) of weapons but the pistol is no longer worth using.
o and what really got me going was the update to the map dm_overwatch... anyone else notice the update? well its a wooden board across the stairs on the third floor of the main building that leads to the watch tower near the rpg. ( i personally wouldnt call that an update). I could go on but ill get flamed anyways...........

Oh ffs course your gonna get flamed.. Some of you just aren't ever happy. All you do is whine and moan and whine. **** off if you don't like the game, go play Doom or Farcry

Honestly. It's just a damn game, they make the updates for free. Be glad your getting anything atall. They've made it easy to mod, if you desperately want something, make it yourself.

Be happy that they are adding and balancing stuff and not just fixing bugs like some companies...

geeze dark, i wouldnt go that far, but yea im a bit disappointed but i dont think it was made to be a MAJOR update. The major updates that accualy mean somthing will come in good time! PaTeInCe!

If by 1-2 new Weapons you mean the Stun-Baton and Crowbar - yeah wouldve been nice :). But theres more Updates to come, so...

the magnum was way way overpowerd, one shiot kills by hitting your left pinky toe is way too unfair.

I peronally think this balanced the game a bit more, the battles are more chaotic and alot more enjoyable. its not simply eveyrone running around with magnums

You're actually complaining that they removed the lame-ass pistol exploit?

Jesus, will you whiners just stfu? Be thankful they're giving you something.

And:

We'll continue working on it, Scott and Jess already began working on
new levels that will hopefully include the new gametype we've been
working on (if all goes well).

Be thankful they're actually trying to make them game better for you, here's the changelist:

Half-Life 2
* Solved disc in drive incompatibility error by removing Securom disc check routine

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
* Fixed players entering the game with a score of -1
* Fixed combine ball tracking teammates
* Fixed not being able to grab level designer placed combine balls with the physics cannon
* Fixed players randomly spawning without physcannons
* Fixed multishot pistol exploit
* Fixed wrong footstep sounds while in team mode
* Fixed last RPG shot not tracking
* Added cl_defaultweapon -- defaults to weapon_physcannon but can be changed to any other weapon you spawn with
* Added HUD string to print team name
* Added model specific death sounds
* Switching to the physcannon is now instantaneous
* Toned down 357 damage
* Updated dm_overwatch

Quite some annoying bugs fixed, and the real update is still coming! So stfu. kthnxbye

overwatch update was more about the clipbrushes i believe
they added some on the small green wall/the rpg tower/above the stairs

I'm actually really happy they toned down the 357 damage.

The Dark Elf said:
Oh ffs course your gonna get flamed.. Some of you just aren't ever happy. All you do is whine and moan and whine. **** off if you don't like the game, go play Doom or Farcry

Honestly. It's just a damn game, they make the updates for free. Be glad your getting anything atall. They've made it easy to mod, if you desperately want something, make it yourself.

I...love...you.

Sparta said:
I'm actually really happy they toned down the 357 damage.

Yup. It destroyed the game for me. Sure, taking out someone with a magnum isn't hard, just use a shield and strafe a lot, but when you get gunned in the back (which happens a lot when everyone is spawning around you) and you can't respond that's just lame.

what is this quote from?

"We'll continue working on it, Scott and Jess already began working on
new levels that will hopefully include the new gametype we've been
working on (if all goes well). "

"Wah wah wah, they made the game better. Wah wah."

;( <------- Me, shedding a sympathetic tear.

The Dark Elf said:

So damn true man. I am sick of the whining myself, if they don't like it, they can always leave.

ive not complained once about hl1/hl2 or mods... dont see where it can take me...

Sheesh, they update little by little. I like that it updates little by little, its way better than waiting 6+ months for one full complete update.

You got

Half Life 2
Counter Strike
Half Life DM

and your complaining?

**** you.

Yeah, I love this new update. It was ridiculous when I for example shot 30 round with the AR2 in someones back and I start reloading, and then this dude turns around and shoots one single shot at me and I die. With the lag this was even more frustrating.
And I keep giggling at the female resistance fighters moaning when they die ^^

Half-Life 2
* Solved disc in drive incompatibility error by removing Securom disc check routine

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
* Fixed players entering the game with a score of -1
* Fixed combine ball tracking teammates
* Fixed not being able to grab level designer placed combine balls with the physics cannon
* Fixed players randomly spawning without physcannons
* Fixed multishot pistol exploit
* Fixed wrong footstep sounds while in team mode
* Fixed last RPG shot not tracking
* Added cl_defaultweapon -- defaults to weapon_physcannon but can be changed to any other weapon you spawn with
* Added HUD string to print team name
* Added model specific death sounds
* Switching to the physcannon is now instantaneous
* Toned down 357 damage
* Updated dm_overwatch

sixchar tenchar whatever

The Dark Elf said:

Exactly. 100% Agreed.

does that Securom thingy mean retail users no longer need the CD (or DVD) in to play?

i'm on Steam Silver, but that would get rid of a lot of bitching i hear from people.

people dont listen

The Dark Elf said:

all i do isnt "whine and moan and wine" this is the first and only complaint ive ever had here , '**** off if you don't like the game' I said "i love half life 2" Im dissapointed with the (update)

guess being a staff member doesnt improve ones listening or comprehensive skills. :rolling:

Guess being a forum user doesn't improve them either. If you actually took the time to read what he wrote, he was referring to complainers in general.

wbcninjaofmist said:
all i do isnt "whine and moan and wine" this is the first and only complaint ive ever had here , '**** off if you don't like the game' I said "i love half life 2" Im dissapointed with the (update)

guess being a staff member doesnt improve ones listening or comprehensive skills. :rolling:

Your a whiney little bitch.

Simple as this Dont like it, lump it. Valve doesnt owe you jack squat. BYE.

lol

azz0r said:
Your a whiney little bitch.

Simple as this Dont like it, lump it. Valve doesnt owe you jack squat. BYE.

Judging by your sig id say your a valve fanboy. Me voiceing my dissapointed opinion of the update must have hurt u in a deep way.....i sincerely apologize.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Guess being a forum user doesn't improve them either. If you actually took the time to read what he wrote, he was referring to complainers in general.

He didnt write to me to tell me his opinion about gamers in general , he was speaking to ,of, about , and including "me"
maybe your right though.... when he said "all you do" maybe he wasnt talking to me at all..... :LOL:

Please, your sarcasm is futile.

You immediately countered Elfy's comments with "I've only made one complaint" etc etc when it was obvious to anyone with a marginally average level of reading comprehension that he was talking to those who complain. Funnily enough, your post fell into that category.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Please, your sarcasm is futile.

You immediately countered Elfy's comments with "I've only made one complaint" etc etc when it was obvious to anyone with a marginally average level of reading comprehension that he was talking to those who complain. Funnily enough, your post fell into that category.
so his comment was offtopic ?
frankly, if you can say with a straight face that dark elf's comment was not aimed at threadstarter, you have testicles of steel.

Honestly, anyone of average intelligence would realise that this isn't a content update.

OMG Valve fixed some massive gameplay affecting bugs before releasing new content. Those bastards!12

Why are we even giving this kiddie the attention? you can't please everyone and we are waisting time if we respond to every little kid that starts wining when things arent going his way.

The Dark Elf said:

Doom and Farcry are very good Games why do People keep saying they suck? I think there good and Ai is better in Farcry then in HL2
still HL2 owns all of em
:thumbs:

okay... did you want them to wait and not release shit until they finished EVERYTHING? its not like they arent working on more weapons. they are just releasing what they have finished and updating little things that they think will make the game better. not every update has to be some revolutionary step in fps multiplayer history. quit bitching and be patient

The Dark Elf said:

Does Valve ever thank you for shagging their arse?

seriously, the guy complained about one thing and you act like dick of the year.

If you dont like the weapons in hl2 then go play some other game, this is HL2dm not UT, good god

wbcninjaofmist said:

its an UPDATE, not a REMAKE, of course they aren't going to add more weapons... be patient. They fixed problems: the pistol bug was exactly that: a bug, and it IS very good on overwatch, for taking down RPGers from a distance...

Back